Sidney Barnes - I Hurt On The Other Side

Ok found it on Blue Cat and Red Bird are they both the same ?

Listed on Red Bird, but no copy ever found...more than happy to be proved wrong!

Rare on Blue Cat...I played it at the Capitol Soul Club for the man himself to sing over!

:thumbup:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

oh I doubt i will ever own one now knowing its rare , it came as a dissapointment when I played the flip to Standing on solid ground thinking this was it :huh: and then finding out it wasn't. I should have Known really.

That must have been lovely for him to hear Flynny , lovely version , be nice to hear it out .

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Was this released ? the slower version Imean , not the the flip to standing on guard which is over killed with Mr Levines instrumentation in my view , this is much slower and in my opionion much more moody soulful cut. I must say I am preferring this to Jerry Cook , as Jerry is a bit fast for me nowadays,

I prefer it to Jerry Cook. Play this out some times,sung by the writer, cracking tune..

Social source share

It was never on US Red Bird. It was only on US Red Bird subsidiary, Blue Cat. But maybe that listing of Red Bird refers to UK Red Bird? There was no UK Blue Cat. So, I assume that UK issues from Red Bird/Blue Cat stable all came out on UK Red Bird, or not at all in The UK. Isn't that right?

Maybe it was slated for issue on UK Red Bird in 1967, but it was pulled back? Maybe only a few were pressed up (for DJ copies)? I've never seen one.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

I've got the Charly re issue not seen it for sale in ages is it a hard one to get hold of and does it command any value by any chance

£10 i would have thought .... maybe more on ebay :excl:

post-11139-0-94331900-1318702203_thumb.jpost-11139-0-43850300-1318702213_thumb.j

Social source share

oh I doubt i will ever own one now knowing its rare , it came as a dissapointment when I played the flip to Standing on solid ground thinking this was it :huh: and then finding out it wasn't. I should have Known really.

That must have been lovely for him to hear Flynny , lovely version , be nice to hear it out .

Should of asked at Soulfusion, before Nige came on.... Next time

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!