Instant Monster - Then Forgot About

Tomangoes

I believe this was a big Mecca spin for about a week....great double sider and in the box.

The Voice Box got played for more than a week at the Mecca. lol.

Also got played at Wigan when it 1st opened as well. :yes:

P.S. Like you said good double sider.

Edited by davetay
Social source share

As far as I am aware Soul Source was played in the very early 70,s (Torch etc.) and even generated a reissue on verve. The original plays were because of the UK Verve release followed later by its subsequent revisit (oldies) around 78 time. It was also used as a backing theme to a children's BBC programme (can't remember the name) that my kids watched in the 90's.

Regards

Soul Sauce wasn't reissued until 1979 on that blue Verve bootleg.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Yes they are all water damaged ........

Heres some more I rarely hear out out but must have had their day in the sunshine once

Bobbi Lynne or Zenda Jacks-Earthquake

Ellingtons-Destined To Become A Loser.....just not right for today

Ila Vann-Can't Help Lovin That man..........ditto

BJ Thomas-I Don't Have A Mind....never hear this.Last time I heard it Tim Ashibende was spinnin it.

Tommy Sands-The Statue.....not my cuppa t but must have been massive.Never heard this played out!!

Whats the story behind Val Mcennas Love Feeling as well? Must have been a big record at one point.

What was Kennard Gardner Do The Skin all about as well....must have been popular as got booted

Tommy Sands-The Statue-Played by Brian Raye at nearly every oldies niter and a real floorpacker at Wigan - still not my cup o tea either.havent heard for 30 years plus.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!