The Mighty Ryeders - Help Us Spread The Message

nickp

Hi Folks

If anyone could help with a bit of knowledge share here I would appreciate it.

I have a copy of the above Lp on Sun- Glo Records SG 456.

From reading various forums,SS included, it seems that the second press of this record is distinguished by

the track 'Evil Vibrations ' slowing down in the final few seconds.However mine plays ok to the end ?

FULLERSOUND is stamped in the deadwax and the cover is thin cardboard, not pasted.

I'm not used to selling records,I only buy ! ,but would probably say that that is in excellent condition, a few

very minor inaudible surface marks and a little bit of ringwear on the sleeve.

If anyone could give me a current value for this Lp I would appreciate it.

Basically, does any member have a 2nd press which plays ok on 'Evil Vibrations', or could mine be a first press

which will affect the value considerably.

Yours

Nick.

Edited by nickp
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The 1st issue was promo only and comes with KK stamped in the runout deadwax signifying the Miami pressing plant.

The first run off the issue sounds like the one you (and I) have. It has SG456-A & SG456-B in the runouts along with the FULLERSOUND monica. This came out in about 81. "Evil vibrations" does not slow down.

Then there were at least 2 re-issues (both with the slowed down "Evil vibrations") in the late 8s and late 9ts.

Then the Luv&Hight reissue followed.

Hope that helps!

Social source share

The 1st issue was promo only and comes with KK stamped in the runout deadwax signifying the Miami pressing plant.

The first run off the issue sounds like the one you (and I) have. It has SG456-A & SG456-B in the runouts along with the FULLERSOUND monica. This came out in about 81. "Evil vibrations" does not slow down.

Then there were at least 2 re-issues (both with the slowed down "Evil vibrations") in the late 8s and late 9ts.

Then the Luv&Hight reissue followed.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply, big visa bill to pay off hence request for current value .

Any ideas anyone ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert