Late Additions To Uk Labels Sales List

Pete S

Some stragglers here...

CHRIS FARLOWE - OUT OF TIME - IMMEDIATE DEMO! EX 40

This is just so super rare on a demo - never seen one before. All Immediate demos are tough, this one is up there with the toughest. Great record too of course.

TONY JACKSON - FORTUNE TELLER - PYE EX 40

Fantastic fuzz guitar/freakbeat version of the classic Benny Spellman track.

CHRiSTINE EVANS - SOMEWHERE THERE'S LOVE - PHILIPS EX 15

Nice poppy dancer from 1966

BRIAN HYLAND - THE JOKER WENT WILD - PHILIPS EX 15

One time monster sound

that's all I got...

pete.smith@freeuk.com if you want anything

If anyone was tempted by the Vala Reegan the other day, I've knocked £25 off it so now it's £225, I *might* go a little less

cheers

Pete

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Chris Farlowe what a superb record that is, and well cheap on a demo, often thought that an instrumental of that would have gone massive years ago. Is there one Pete?

No don't think so, but I know what you mean.

Theres a fantastic version of this by Manic Street Preachers, almost a note for note copy of the original, very impressed.

Social source share

No don't think so, but I know what you mean.

Theres a fantastic version of this by Manic Street Preachers, almost a note for note copy of the original, very impressed.

Cheers Pete, will give that one a listen, now over to audacity, to see if i can knock the vocals off Chris Farlowe :D

Social source share

There is also a version by the Rolling Stones using exactly the same backing track as Chris Farlowe. Released here as a Decca single in 1975 - not sure if this was the original of Farlowe's or what though.

Did Jagger really provide backing vocals for Farlowe's version?

Yes he can plainly be heard on it Gene if you listen closely

Social source share

Theres bound to be a stereo cut of that mate, I didn't know you could do it with audacity, I used to use a karaoke program

There is a video on youtube, showing you how to use the audacity programme pete, under removing vocals from a backing track using audacity, not used it yet but gonna have a go :D

Social source share

Cheers Pete, will give that one a listen, now over to audacity, to see if i can knock the vocals off Chris Farlowe :D

I've got a copy of soundforge with all the vocal removal filters/add ins if you don't have any joy Harry :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

There is also a version by the Rolling Stones using exactly the same backing track as Chris Farlowe. Released here as a Decca single in 1975 - not sure if this was the original of Farlowe's or what though.

Did Jagger really provide backing vocals for Farlowe's version?

The 1975 UK Decca/US ABKCO 45 was indeed the orginal version. Jagger cut the session at Pye Studios on Decca's dime. Andrew Oldham then claimed to be unhappy with the results and got the Stones to re-cut it at a later session for the 'Aftermath' album.

As soon as that happened he and Jagger went back into a studio and overdubbed Chris Farlowe onto a first rate backing track that had been 'rejected' by Jagger just a few weeks previously, and that they were now free to reuse at no expense to themselves.

Oldham used to pull stunts like this all the time, he'd previously put Dick And Dee Dee's vocals over some rhythms that had been cut by session musicians to go behind some Jagger/Richards song demos, and that Decca had also paid for.

Crafty git...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!