Tomangoes

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

YOU KNOW THE CARLENA BOYS ETC.

ARE THEY JUST BROTHERS, ARE THEY BROTHERS WITH A SURNAME OF JUST, OR ARE THEY JUST GOOD MATES?

NOT HEARD OF MANY FOLKS CALLED 'JUST' THATS ALL.

1 WONT GO INTO THE FUNK BROTHERS JUST YET!!

ED :unsure:

There was that radio 1 DJ in the 70's called Adrian Just wasn't there?

But as far as I am aware they were not brothers at all.

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

i know the answer to this but can't remember it. which isn't very helpful. i think they actually were brothers but the man to speak to is rob moss of hayley records (www.hayleyrecords.co.uk) as he knew one or both of them when he lived out in the states.

talking of the just brothers, i think this is their best record (but then i'm into slow to mid-tempo stuff)

things will be better on empire

Social source share

i know the answer to this but can't remember it. which isn't very helpful. i think they actually were brothers but the man to speak to is rob moss of hayley records (www.hayleyrecords.co.uk) as he knew one or both of them when he lived out in the states.

talking of the just brothers, i think this is their best record (but then i'm into slow to mid-tempo stuff)

things will be better on empire

Yes, that's really nice :thumbsup:

Social source share

I know one of thems dead, so if the Just brothers had come to the Northampton Weekender as advertised

then they wouldn't have been "brothers" or should it have been billed just "sibling" ? and who was the other "brother" if he wasn't "just". All sounds a little bit dodgy to me !! glad i'm moving North

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I know one of thems dead, so if the Just brothers had come to the Northampton Weekender as advertised

then they wouldn't have been "brothers" or should it have been billed just "sibling" ? and who was the other "brother" if he wasn't "just". All sounds a little bit dodgy to me !! glad i'm moving North

Ok, just a minute. Just how many Just brothers' were there? Were there just the Just brothers that were in the group the....'Just brothers'? and, were there just brothers', or did they have sisters? Who, although not being just sisters to the Just brothers', one of the law graduating Just sisters', Justine, could just be Judge Justice Justine Just!! :yes:

Try saying that 3 times.

Social source share

Hi

I can explain as best I know and no there is nothing dodgy about it!!

There were two in the 'Just Brothers' Frank & George but I cant remember what the surnames were! They were not real brothers though! You are right it was George who was one of the originals he died, so it was Frank along with another musician who used to tour with guys back then who was coming over for the weekender in Northampton. Frank was the guy who played lead guitar on Sliced Tomatos, in fact if they had made it over, that was how the live show in Northampton was to start with the Just Brothers kicking off with Sliced Tomatos! As it was he hadn't kept up with his maintenance payments and was not allowed to leave America!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Hi

I can explain as best I know and no there is nothing dodgy about it!!

There were two in the 'Just Brothers' Frank & George but I cant remember what the surnames were! They were not real brothers though! You are right it was George who was one of the originals he died, so it was Frank along with another musician who used to tour with guys back then who was coming over for the weekender in Northampton. Frank was the guy who played lead guitar on Sliced Tomatos, in fact if they had made it over, that was how the live show in Northampton was to start with the Just Brothers kicking off with Sliced Tomatos! As it was he hadn't kept up with his maintenance payments and was not allowed to leave America!

Cheers

Paddy

Frank was the guy who played lead guitar on Sliced Tomatos, in fact if they had made it over, that was how the live show in Northampton was to start with the Just Brothers kicking off with Sliced Tomatos! As it was he hadn't kept up with his maintenance payments and was not allowed to leave America!

So The Just Brother ,who wasn't able to come was a Just brother- and the Just brother who could come wasn't one of the Just brothers, but just a member of a band :lol: .

But remember the word "Brother" was a common term of use in 60s black America as in "Soul Brother"

so brother would he be in trouble if he hadn't paid his child support and if they were boys they'd be just sons of the Just brother :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert