Usernames How Did You Pick Yours?

Guest miff

Guest sharmo 1

I had to think long and hard about mine as Simon isn't my real name it's my middle name I'm a bit embaressed about my first name so i couldn't use that so as I was breeding chickens for a bit part of my life one of the breeds was the famous Sharmo these ase Japanese fighting birds .The word Sharmo is loosly translated as warrior not that i see myself as any kind of fighter (I'm the oposite) but as a practacing Zen Buddhist I am in constant conflict with myself and have to become mentaly warrior like.Any Christians out there would see this as putting on Christian armour and weilding the sword of truth.The 1 part of Sharmo 1 is a representation of the oneness of all thing's in the universe of a natural ,spiritual or phisical connection.so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!! regards Friday (my real name)

Social source share

I thought it was a cool name and might impress and influence people, [ who don't already know me and that I'm an arse ]

And there was a time I was in control of the music and records [ rather than the other way round ], then in one week I got the money to get some 7's from Global records...... J.J.Barnes [ p.l.m.i. + r.h. ] Laura Lee [ t.w.y.h. ] and San Remo's [ f.t. ]. I thought ric-tic was the coolest thing in my life thus far [ obviously after Cathy, MUFC and the Contours ! ]

[ and please don't pile in and tell me it must have been over 3 weeks - this is my life and I'm doing the remembering ].

I'll get me coat.

pete lyster

Social source share

Mine is where all my records & soul related bits n bobs are oh and my PC where im postin this from :wave:

Ian that made me smile on this monday morning

as all the times i have seen that it never clicked on that it was about ya loft

so obvious now you have said it

Social source share

Had to change mine slightly as my other half always calls me "Your Not Listening are you" don't know why as my real names Martin but theres already plenty of them on here. The other is the way my kids treat me I'm "No No No Body" unless they want something?

Cue the violin music but add plenty of horns!

Social source share

I know it's a hard call,- but "Autumn Stone" would be in my top five as it's such a great song, along with "What's a matter baby". Always think the slower tracks showed Marriott's vocals off to the best!

Take care,

Dave

:hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: true words ... Not sure i know you but i send a kiss your way on your choice of words...

Social source share

Scooterboy...

I had a scooter (since I joined SS I now have 2 scooters)

I was a little younger than I am now...hence 'boy'.

Perhaps I should change it to 2-scooters-old-fuddy-duddy...doesn't have the same ring to it though.

If you were to ask the wife she'd suggest 'MiseryGutsSelfishTw*t' (or worse).

Chris

Social source share

Didnt want to hide behind any Psudenym.......plain n simple, you know exactly WHO i am.

Best Russ

Yes, although I get the whole Cybername thing, what annoys me is that I can have a conversation with someone on here but won't know who it is if I see them out, I struggle remembering peoples real names let alone matching up their Cybernames! lol

Len.

Social source share

Yes, although I get the whole Cybername thing, what annoys me is that I can have a conversation with someone on here but won't know who it is if I see them out, I struggle remembering peoples real names let alone matching up their Cybernames! lol

Len.

i know what you mean mate... I often meet folk out who i have know for a long time but never knew them by forum name..

I thought you were named after your fav soap hero before i met you.... The things you learn

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

soul over easy after the instrumental i had by the hammond bros.@ maggie, brilliant instrumental,the vocal is also pretty good ...ktf tommo.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

My brother was often referred to as Marky Mark, so people started calling me Mikey.

Then I used to help produce the in town listing. Kavel was very insistent the words didnt have capitals.

So in town Mikey.

Social source share

I could be wrong, but I thought Soul Over Easy was the instrumental to "There Must Be A Love Somewhere" by Ede Robin?

Just had this conversation with Salmon.

Also, instro of "Get Out of My heart"

Good ole major Bill eh??

Oh,

tony short for Anthony.. P first letter of last name.. simples

T

Edited by tonyp
Social source share

From Petes notes from an earlier article

Crystal also put out Ede Robin’s vocal version to The Sons Of Moses’ Soul Symphony, which in turn was an instrumental to Moses & Joshua’s Get Out Of My Heart. The Ede Robin song is completely different though and is entitled There Must Be A Love Somewhere. To confuse matters further, London issued Soul Symphony as Soul Over Easy by The Hammond Brothers & Maggie!

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

When I started loosing my hair some clever dick said I looked like Tommy (Pickles) off the Rug Rats.

It stuck as a nick name in my early years.

When I became addicted to online gaming, mainly Counterstrike, I used the online name Dr Pickles from the fantastic episode:

51DZQGXB4ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Signing on to Soul Source and habits hard to break I used Dr Pickles.

ATB

Doc

I still have flashbacks to those early morning sessions, trying to blow someones head off without knocking over a half finished bowl of cornflakes :hypo:

Sad days indeed.

Social source share

well Woody picked mine as his is Mr Soul, be-cause there are already a lot of woody,s on here and ,true story, if I shout Dave his name, he wont answer, if I shout Woody, he acknowledges me :g: and I could not be lou or louise, my real name as its taken, and My nick name was neatynogs, and I aint havin it :lol: so Mrs it is, and of course I am the Mrs soul of soul :lol: be-cause someone said this is the grandmother of soul ffs.. :( .I aint that old, I want to be Miss soul or misssouled out , I want to be young !!! then you can call me the mistress of soul :wub: but at work I'm loulabella .lucy, lou lou. or louby lou ..so take ya pick I answer to anything.

Social source share

I know it's a hard call,- but "Autumn Stone" would be in my top five as it's such a great song, along with "What's a matter baby". Always think the slower tracks showed Marriott's vocals off to the best!

Take care,

Dave

Yeah have to agree it's a very beautiful song. Marriott & Lane were up there with Lennon & McCartney & Mick & Keef! Here's a few that I never tire of hearing :-

• I've got mine ( advanced for 65 )
  • Grow Your Own ( Is there a better Hammond instrumental?)
  • Tin Soldier ( arguably their best moment in the studio)
  • Happy Days Toy Town ( Cockney Genius ! )

Stay cool won't you !

ATB

Mike

Social source share

When I started loosing my hair some clever dick said I looked like Tommy (Pickles) off the Rug Rats.

It stuck as a nick name in my early years.

When I became addicted to online gaming, mainly Counterstrike, I used the online name Dr Pickles from the fantastic episode:

51DZQGXB4ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Signing on to Soul Source and habits hard to break I used Dr Pickles.

ATB

Doc

I still have flashbacks to those early morning sessions, trying to blow someones head off without knocking over a half finished bowl of cornflakes :hypo:

Sad days indeed.

Bit concerned about this post Chris, in a gently scared, keep him where you can see him and don't go into any dark corners or remote areas type of way.

But to be positivre, I imagine the therapy went well ?

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Bit concerned about this post Chris, in a gently scared, keep him where you can see him and don't go into any dark corners or remote areas type of way.

But to be positivre, I imagine the therapy went well ?

I take it one bowl of cornflakes at a time. :thumbup:

Edited by Dr Pickles
Social source share

I had to think long and hard about mine as Simon isn't my real name it's my middle name I'm a bit embaressed about my first name ..........

....... regards Friday (my real name)

Just be thankful you weren't called Eric.

I fondly remember, as a young apprentice, asking the receptionist to put a call out over the factory tannoy for an "Eric Hunt to the workshop" many a time...poor lass hadn't a clue :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!