Usernames How Did You Pick Yours?

Guest miff

Just be thankful you weren't called Eric.

I fondly remember, as a young apprentice, asking the receptionist to put a call out over the factory tannoy for an "Eric Hunt to the workshop" many a time...poor lass hadn't a clue :lol:

i did the same asking if anybody knows mike oxlong or chris peacock or his brother drew

moldie

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Right you lot I can't believe any of you hasn't asked why my first name is Friday and the reason is when my old man went to see me mam in the hospital after giving birth to me He took one look at me in the cot and turned to my mam and said"Jesus Dot I think We had better call it a day " Bum Bum ha ha Simon.

Social source share

Right you lot I can't believe any of you hasn't asked why my first name is Friday and the reason is when my old man went to see me mam in the hospital after giving birth to me He took one look at me in the cot and turned to my mam and said"Jesus Dot I think We had better call it a day " Bum Bum ha ha Simon.

So your Mam was called Jesus Dot.

Think you got off lightly with Friday, Friday...... :lol:

Social source share

my mate loves gardening so when he had 3 daughters he called them...rose,daisy and ivy...im glad my dad never called me after his passion....charlie beer cun* wouldnt have been a nice name to have

moldie

Social source share

pretty obvious from my pic...i had my lammy sprayed orange with black trim and it was my 20th century toy designed in the 60s(69) but made popular in the 70s...had to be spacehopper....got it on the side panels.....put a d in on the front of the scoot (spacedhopper). :hypo: ..surprising how many people dont realise for ages.... :)

dean

Social source share

Guest soul over easy

Which is the vocal of Soul Symphony...

i had all three versions at one time, ede robin / there must be a love somewhere, sounds exactly the same as the hammond bros / soul over easy, sons of moses / soul symphony sounds also the same as the other two but without the same piano intro, very seldomed played round the east mids,I cant speak for other areas? ktf tommo.

Social source share

Allways facinated me the usernames used on site and wondered why folk chose them and sometimes wish I used a bit more imagination on mine, some are obvious, its folks names. Mines my nickname and have allways been called it most folk that know me dont know my reel name hence why I chose it

So whats you Story

Was always spaced out, old work M8s, amongst other things, used to call me thew space cowboy, DanDare seemed appropriate.....and no one would know me, apart from those in the the know :wave:

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Original login was F.B. - a reference to my weight. Currently due to my lifelong obsession with unreliable, rusty, evil handling, small wheeled machinery and my name being Nik.

Social source share

Guest mellytee

May have already been discussed on here, so apologies, but it took me ages to work out who 'Close D account' was on my friends list - totally misread it; gone but not forgotten Webby and also ironic given your last long thread on Bank Visits!! :(

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

i used to be referred to as oily klunk

basically coming down to the the fact that my scooter always had a broken clutch cable so had to sit at junctions in neutral then just clunk into second so i didnt stall but had to push away with my feet until i got enough momento up. lets face it first would have been a small wheelie and a stall...ha

and oily cause i didnt seem to be able to even look at my scoot without getting covered in oil. i was crap at looking after my scooters and nothing really changes that much....miss the oily days tho

Social source share

May have already been discussed on here, so apologies, but it took me ages to work out who 'Close D account' was on my friends list - totally misread it; gone but not forgotten Webby and also ironic given your last long thread on Bank Visits!! :(

Well come on then Melanie how did you ...choose yours????? :g:

Social source share

Melanie Taylor.......... :) PS Only my ex and Mum call me Melanie :wicked:

are sure its not because your name is mel and you look like ET?

moldie

Is it cos you live in Barnsley. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well it defo aint cos hes a mackem lololol

atb moldie

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Mine must be the most boring of the lot. It's what I was issued with when the company I worked for set up the intranet. :sleep3: I now work somewhere else and my new one is just as boring. Passwords, now that's different. Always use soul related passwords, using 'agent00soul' currently up until it's time to change. Ade

Mind started to wander when watching Boogie Nights on TCM last night, so marchja becomes Dirk Tiggler, didn't have the front to go with 'Diggler' just in case I ever got asked to 'show it' :lol: Ade

Social source share

Mines from the title of the great Pye " Solid Soul Sensation" LP.

You know, the one with the crate of wine bottles covered with cobwebs picture on the cover!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

I got my username,when i signed up to you tube.

The phoenix part is based on the bird that rose from the ashes.

Its too long a story to tell on here.

The 8049 was when i signed up for you tube they said Phoenix was taken so suggested adding a number.

I tried a few low numbers at first,and it said they were all taken.

So i just typed in four numbers at random 8049.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!