Debonaires On Solid Hit 102

Nick Soule

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really? I've never seen one. I do see Solid Hit 104 with 'I'm In Love Again' as the a-side here and there in Detroit or on eBay. 'Headache In My Heart' which is on both records, is such a George Clinton record.

i think brad had "loving you takes all of my time" up once or twice. record graveyard used to constantly be listing (beat up) detroit 45s on ebay, I'd imagine they also would have had a copy. I think a lot of sellers not only got more conservative but actually stopped listing beat up 45s on ebay in order to avoid hits to their DSRs.

I like "loving you ..." a lot but I don't own either of the solid hit records.

Social source share

I don't think brad or jeff have ever had that 'loving you takes up...'( that I can recall) - jeff probably had it years ago, back in the desirable disc days, shifty probably had it on his list for 200 or something

jeff will list an occasional beater, but mostly just sells the lower grade stuff to a certain German dealer

brad seems to have given up on ebay entirely, can't really blame him

Social source share

I recall Adey Pierce had a clean copy and have seen a couple of others in decent nic.

One time super-rarity when first unearthed, but copies have surfaced over the years...in fact I think it is now 'only' the second rarest number on the label!

Move over #102...#108 seems to be missing in most Detroit collections!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Still a very tough record to find

Odd one turned up over the years

My copy has what looks like water damage to the "Loving you takes all of my time " side...as if they have been stuck together at some time...tother side is fine

Playing surfaces thankfully are fine

Value ???....apart from the odd fluke certainly doesnt turn up anymore

Edited by john parker
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert