Velvet hammer

Velvet hammer-Happy: Just heard this stonker, great stuff, is it Northern? cos it sounds daw gone funky.

any other tunes like this would be greatly appriciated, also I am into sweary type songs, millie jackson, marvin sears, you know...

Stay fresh

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yes it's Northern and has pretty much been played from being a new release a lot of divided opinion on it though personally i love it Joyous uplifting Northern Soul whereas my wife hates it annoying lightweight shite LOL ;o))) of course she would never dream of swearing ;o))

JoT

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Thing is it's cheap as chips as well which is nice it's the multi coloured Suzi label that you want though ;o))

John

Social source share

Yes it's Northern and has pretty much been played from being a new release a lot of divided opinion on it though personally i love it Joyous uplifting Northern Soul whereas my wife hates it annoying lightweight shite LOL ;o))) of course she would never dream of swearing ;o))

JoT

Yes I'm afraid I do hate it...it just irritates me, dunno why. Much prefer Velvet Hammer - I can't believe.

PS This avatar is getting on my nerves already.

Social source share

What's the story behind Velvet Hammer's "I can't believe", as it's exactly the same record as High Society's "I cant believe" which is about £30-£40 instead of Velvet's £150. I suppose Velvet's is probably rarer but why did the same recording come out under 2 different artist names?

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

What's the story behind Velvet Hammer's "I can't believe", as it's exactly the same record as High Society's "I cant believe" which is about £30-£40 instead of Velvet's £150. I suppose Velvet's is probably rarer but why did the same recording come out under 2 different artist names?

Jordi

I think you'll find it is a tad dearer than 150 Jordi. Can't say as i know why the different artists though mate.

John

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Wasn't Andre Williams realted to the Velvet Hammer group? I really like "happy" and it was one of the first ns 45s i bought..

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It maybe sacrilege to some, but the album is well worth seeking out. Very nice home listen -

Velvet Hammer - Call Me on Soozi

Hi Greg,

what you doing lurking around these parts? You sorted my money out yet? I could really do with it, I've been over spending a bit of late. geek.gif

JT

Social source share

Hi Greg,

what you doing lurking around these parts? You sorted my money out yet? I could really do with it, I've been over spending a bit of late. geek.gif

JT

Mate,

I've started to have a gander over here every now and again. You know me, fella - always looking to pick up some knowledge, and impart some of my own!

I had a chat with you on Saturday about dough and I thought we were OK for the end of this week.

If that needs to change, let me know and I'll try and sort out some kind of paypal arrangement with the missus and I can drop her the cash back by Monday.

G

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I don't remember much about Saturday night, apart from that rather 'keen' hen night and telling Adam Leaver I thought he was a shite DJ.blushing.gif

End of the week is cool. I'm DJing at that SMERSH bar place in Shoreditch, if you fancy bringing it down there?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Friday. Ian's on holiday,so I'll be doing it with a couple of the dancers from Deepfunk.

The only problem with you coming down Greg, is that it is, well, a little bit on the small side. And you're, well, a little on the large side. I guess you could stand just outside the front door?stunned.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!