THE MOON HOTEL DERBY

Saturday 28th August 2004 see's the Moon Hotel Derby Opening its doors again for East-Midlands Soulies.This is Derbys answer to the Union Soul club"Nottingham".We are a forward looking venue that the Soul Connoisseur/Record Collector would feel at home.This Months Guest DJ' JOHN POOLE Hit's the decks with his top tunes ,I personnally rate John as the Best dj on the scene here in the East- Midlands.So if you are looking for some different tunes get yourself down to the "MOON HOTEL" and enjoy another cracking night.Regular DJ'S ANDY MURFIN, JOHN HEANEY,New DJ too join us this month Glyn Sissons.Record Dealers welcome See Event's/ Flyer's Guide for more info directions.

post-3-1093271638_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

Fair play he must be F***in good then can't say as i've seen him do a spot recently, the last time would have been at Pretatyn last year but i probably would have paid much attention then.... Thinking about it Butch Dobson ain't too far off the East Mids either living as he does in Jug land a mere hop skip and jump from Derby ;o))

John

Come along to the venue if your in the derby area, had a couple of tapes off john and there is some cracking sounds ....like

the Monzas "you know how to turn me on".... Gene n Eddie "Its no sin

plus many other quality sounds...

Guest Johnny One Trout

May well do that but not on that night as we are DJing in Wigan the night before and have to be back home for the Saturday

John

Fair play he must be F***in good then can't say as i've seen him do a spot recently, the last time would have been at Pretatyn last year but i probably would have paid much attention then.... Thinking about it Butch Dobson ain't too far off the East Mids either living as he does in Jug land a mere hop skip and jump from Derby ;o))

John

Only hear John Poole play oldies and usually nothing to out of the ordinary so I too was a bit surprised by this comment. He does however usually do a good set. Won't be able to get to this one but let us know future dates and I will try and pop down.

yes i agree with you that "johnPoole" does play oldies but at the venue i run, we give the dj's the option to play what ever they want,thats why we are a forword thinking soul venue that play sounds that sometime dont get the spins they diserve, if you go to a oldies venue you get oldies,me personally i like oldies thats our roots but love to hear new and what to hear new sounds or under played 45's. thats what the soul scene should be like.How many times do me, you and loads of other soul music lovers what to hear some different sounds .Like the one that gets stuck in your skull all week and you have got to get it or hope a dj plays it in his/her spot.Going back to john poole i stick with my prefrance that he's the Dog's B******s,last time he played the ilkeston soul night he played oldies in the main room ,then later on in the connoiseurs /rare soul room he play all i can describe as Awsome soul music .I know many who may disagree but,thats what i want to hear Quality soul not played out oldies.On another note I really enjoy the Union Soul Club Nottingham well worth the wait each month to hear class music,i have changed my musical views on what i have wanted to hear ,glad i did and credit to the DJ'S behind the decks.

yes  i agree with you that "johnPoole" does play oldies but at the venue i run, we give the dj's the option to play what ever they want,thats why we are a forword thinking soul venue that play sounds that sometime dont get the spins they diserve, if you go to a oldies venue you get oldies,me personally i like oldies thats our roots but love to hear new and what to hear new sounds or under played 45's. thats what the soul scene should be like.How many times do me, you and loads of other soul music lovers what to hear some different sounds .Like the one that gets stuck in your skull all week and you have got to get it or hope a dj plays it in his/her spot.Going back to john poole i stick with my prefrance that he's the Dog's B******s,last time he played the ilkeston soul night he played oldies in the main room ,then later on in the connoiseurs /rare soul room he play all i can  describe as Awsome soul music .I know many who may disagree but,thats what i want to hear Quality soul not played out oldies.On another note I really enjoy the Union Soul Club Nottingham well worth the wait each month to hear class music,i have changed my musical views on  what i have wanted to hear ,glad i did  and credit to the DJ'S behind the decks.

Will make the effort to attend one of your nights John.

Wasn't knocking John P btw just agreed with JoT it was quite a statement with the calibre of some of the more upfront djs in the midlands.

no offence taken mate we all have our like n dislikes keep in touch nthanks for your comments

I prefer to hear what you don't normally hear when out and about. As much as I love the same old same get sick to death of hearing them so often.

Like I said can't make this one but will try my best for future one.