Dancim' I mean really dancin

I can dance all night to the Northern and have had a compliment or two to boot, I really want to learn some flips and spins, the best i can do so far is a cartwheel on to two legs then spin round twice on landing, but thats it id there any where you can learn this stuff ive tried it with a gymnastics friend of mine but its dosnt quite work. Slide on Baby.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Do you live around London??

There is a thread on here about dancing classes run by Chris Harvey. Think the next on is the middle of September.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

still haven't seen anyone doing a spin on their beer belly, anybody? Should be a break dance classic... if i tried i'll fall flat on my stomach, if i gain some kilos i might be 3 dimensional ;-)

best

Leo

Social source share

I went break dancin when i was younger, its not as hard as it looks, it just doesn't have the finesse of Northern. What is the freakin bo-galoo any way

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I went  break dancin when i was younger, its not as hard as it looks, it just doesn't have the finesse of Northern. What is the freakin bo-galoo any way

On that i agree! Breaking seems to be about just spinning on your head and doing as much as the same time, the thing i like most about about breaking is the robot stuff and locking and popping, looks really cool.. not that i can do any of it ;-)

Well this is off topic i guess...

best

Leo

Social source share

Yeah the body popping is pretty cool the trick is keeping one part of your body still (usually one shoulder) and movine other parts within the beats, when the beat comes freeze then move quick before the next one, my only problem is if im not feelin the tune i cant move at all.

Social source share

hi del

do you mean backflips?? they are kinda tough & pretty dangerous. ya need to learn that stuff when you're a kid. do you do any kinda sport stuff? cuz if not you'll end up breaking yourself in 2. can you do a bridge (the gymnastic move that's also used in yoga i believe). you gotta be able to do a bridge from standing position. that's the start of a backflip.

breakdancing & n soul are pretty similar. if you're an ex b-boy then you'll know when the break is on the way. n soul is the same - you can feel it when the break is coming. but the break is usually a good deal shorter than anything Herc or Flash woulda spun back in the day. so just tighten up what you've got & you'll be king of the dance floor!

Social source share

I still wait anxiously at the edge of the floor for my first dance..............

I saw you do a drop at the 100 club brett, or did you slip over? ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!