Mike

• 11 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The article is from 11 years ago, but on a sort out I noticed that the liner notes have been updated in 2016 to accompany a remix/remaster of this album, a preview follows below and the full version can be read here...
https://www.bobbyhebb.com/?q=article/bobby-hebbs-thats-all-i-wanna-know-remixed-remastered-trocadero-records

Joe Viglione (Rock Journalist) on BOBBY HEBB and his album
"That's All I Wanna Know.“

These liner notes were updated on January 5 and 6, 2016 for the new edition of That's All I Wanna Know. They were originally written between August 1-10, 2005, the completed CDs arrived on the desk of Tuition Records, Germany, September 7, 2005.

This writer remembers Bobby Hebb heading to Germany to record around the week of U.S. President
George W. Bush’s Iraq war, on or around March 20, 2003. There were thoughts about whether or not Bobby should go during such a tense time. The universe is quite fortunate that he did as producer Rüdiger Ladwig’s superb production work captures the essence of Bobby’s extraordinary voice and intuitive approach to the material.

The composer/singer of "Sunny" recorded much, much more than his 1966 debut album and the 1970 release, Love Games. There are the Fleetwood Recording sessions from around 1979 featuring the single "Judy" as well as what we call the Brass Album from circa 1981. In 2003 Bobby recorded a distinctive and beautiful album of standards with Bernard Pretty Purdie, (the drummer on the original 1965 demo of "Sunny" – a demo which also featured the great Ben Tucker on bass,) along with the posthumous boxed set, Sunny: The Bobby Hebb Story, and an album of music without voices called Instrumentalist, also posthumous. There are various live recordings that exist and about two dozen publishing demos as well as material in the UMG (Universal Music Group) vaults. Which, of course, makes That’s All I Wanna Know so very special. It is truly the singer/songwriter giving an overview of his career as well as being the only full album release from Bobby Hebb at the dawn of the new millennium. The Mojo and Purdie sessions, though recorded shortly before That’s All I Wanna Know, are as of this writing in early 2016...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!