Looking For The First Dj (my Opinion) Who Played.im On My Way Dean Parish At The Torch

Guest denmac

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thanks blake h. swish used to live two streets away from the ground and was all ways going on about y city. not bad for a l e&*ds lad. now i can say he is still around. so many people ask me about him. blake if you see him tell him denmac from derby,paul temple from london and ady crosesdell were asking about him.

Social source share

help me find a good guy & girl !!anyone who knows swish&helen from york please say hi.any details welcome.ANY details.please !!no gossip.

Swish is still living in York, not seen him for a few years but Helen told me he was well, before I left for NZ, I know Eric Smith sees him reqular but I dont think he has been to a Northern do in many years.

Will always regard Swish as the first to find & play Dean Parrish & the tale of him buying it from a lad at a bus station who was playing it on a discotron & buying it from him for a few bob then we all know what happend after that.

Great guy lotas a tales to tell & one of the classic characters of the early 70s.

Ian

Social source share

I met Swish on the way back from the Mecca(me) at Hilon Park services,that night he had had his "new" cover up stolen! told me it was by Dean Parrish. So i totally agree that he was first to play/have it.

Remember the adverts from the Museum Hall of Soul Selby? Swish & friends always top sounds advertised.

Any one else remember soullies from all over the country,during the time between the Torch closing and Wigan opening , met up on the services to mke the night last longer and keep the crack going!

Those really were the good old days!

Steve

Social source share

I met Swish on the way back from the Mecca(me) at Hilon Park services,that night he had had his "new" cover up stolen! told me it was by Dean Parrish. So i totally agree that he was first to play/have it.

Remember the adverts from the Museum Hall of Soul Selby? Swish & friends always top sounds advertised.

Any one else remember soullies from all over the country,during the time between the Torch closing and Wigan opening , met up on the services to mke the night last longer and keep the crack going!

Steve

Social source share

Steve

Social source share

thank you steve ,,great reply, so many evocative words ie hilton park,, the MECCA of service stations (hey steve can you see a top 10 coming out of this)(my other no 1 must be mecca services-m1 cos it was the only place to go when the clubs closed at 12 .).selby !!! only got there once after dj`ing at the old english matlock.got there with 20 mins to go. also remember driving home with no windows in the car??????dont ask.back to swish!!!i`ve had lots of replies, not only on SS so all i can say is that i am chuffed that so many people care,sorry CARE to reply about one geezer /couple... if you read this swish !!whats for the DERBY..

Social source share

thank you steve ,,great reply, so many evocative words ie hilton park,, the MECCA of service stations (hey steve can you see a top 10 coming out of this)(my other no 1 must be mecca services-m1 cos it was the only place to go when the clubs closed at 12 .).selby !!! only got there once after dj`ing at the old english matlock.got there with 20 mins to go. also remember driving home with no windows in the car??????dont ask.back to swish!!!i`ve had lots of replies, not only on SS so all i can say is that i am chuffed that so many people care,sorry CARE to reply about one geezer /couple... if you read this swish !!whats for the DERBY..

Hi

Swish is a regular listener and alway sends in requests to my station www.northernsoulradio.co.uk also if you go to the "message board" section of the site, you will be able to leave a message for him as he is often on there chatting to other listeners.

The first DJ I heard play I'm On My Way was Glen Bellamy at Shades in Northampton around 1971 ish

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

• 2 months later...

thanks to all who helped .saying hi to helen and swish as we speak..ilkeston co-op in march. reunion ? (addmin mike close this now)

You started it,you close it..... thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!