Articles: Twisted Wheel Memories by the Original In Crowd

Mike

• 26 years later...

Mike, can you recall where you found the message from G A Taylor (above). He's talking about being at the Wheel with the guy I went to the Wheel with  -- Donny's Tom Sleight (now back on the scene and attending the Brid NS Weekenders). ANYWAY, if it's the lad I remember, G A Taylor was from Hull (us Donny lads would go to Hull lots of weekends as they had a get social scene there). If he is the guy I believe he is, he was from Hull and emigrated to Canada around 1968. After a while there, he started to work for / with Martin Koppel. It makes sense that the two would get together as I think they were from the same area (Goole / Hull).

Anyway, around 1970/ 71, I used to write to Koppel to get US 45's off him. With one order I got a little note from the ex-Hull guy who remembered me from the Hull / Mojo / Wheel days. It had to be G A Taylor (even though he doesn't state in his bit above that he was from Hull).   

Social source share

4 hours ago, Roburt said:

Mike, can you recall where you found the message from G A Taylor (above). He's talking about being at the Wheel with the guy I went to the Wheel with  -- Donny's Tom Sleight (now back on the scene and attending the Brid NS Weekenders). ANYWAY, if it's the lad I remember, G A Taylor was from Hull (us Donny lads would go to Hull lots of weekends as they had a get social scene there). If he is the guy I believe he is, he was from Hull and emigrated to Canada around 1968. After a while there, he started to work for / with Martin Koppel. It makes sense that the two would get together as I think they were from the same area (Goole / Hull).

Anyway, around 1970/ 71, I used to write to Koppel to get US 45's off him. With one order I got a little note from the ex-Hull guy who remembered me from the Hull / Mojo / Wheel days. It had to be G A Taylor (even though he doesn't state in his bit above that he was from Hull).   

John

I'd say the message woud have been sent in to me by email, as that was the main means of comms with the site back then round 97, but a long time ago so can't be 100%

Will have a dig at the archives in the week to see if any more info

cheers

mike

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!