News: C4 Tonight - 3 Min Wonder - feat Stevie Cato and Soul Revolution

Mike

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Stevie Cato (Little Stevie) passed on a quick heads up shout for the showing of a clip filmed at the just gone Soul Revolution event in LondonApparently it follows Steve on his journey from Manchester down to Soul Revolution last month and should feature some interesting footage of the club.

Here's Steves words

"A short film we shot a few weeks ago is on tv tonight at 7.55. channel 4 and repeated on channel 4 plus 1/ film 4 plus 1, one of those type channels an hour later if you miss it... just 3 mins and won't get in the way of the footie too much, ha ha.....

this is an 500 chrs clip of the article - use link below to view the article in full (images, video etc)

Click here to view the soul article in full

Social source share

Guest the average man

Just seen it, I thought it was quite tasteful, I liked the colours were quite vivid (dunno the proper film buff term)

Repeated at 8:55pm on Channel 4+1 tonight. The weeks 3 Minute Wonders are usually repeated in the wee hours but can't remember what day. Any youtube experts here?

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode of Despatches Steve: "Living with Screwfacing"... :wicked:

Edited by the average man
Social source share

dog said:
Stevie Cato (member name Little Stevie) passed on a quick heads up shout for the showing of a clip filmed at the just gone last Soul Revolution event in London

I thought this was a superb little film , summed up the scene better in those 3 minutes than many of the previous films ever could .Well done to all involved. By the way , what was the record playing in the background? Cheers ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest DonnaD

Steve's beer seemed a bit over excited on the train :wicked: - I had to turn away to hide my blushes.

I am still deciding what I thought about it, I will have to watch it again first I think.

Social source share

Guest Simon

By the way , what was the record playing in the background? Cheers ,Eddie

Think it was the flip to Precisions - If this is love 'Soon you'll be gone'?

Simon

Social source share

I thought this was a superb little film , summed up the scene better in those 3 minutes than many of the previous films ever could .Well done to all involved. By the way , what was the record playing in the background? Cheers ,Eddie

I agree, great 3 minute movie

The track playing was Precisions 'You'll soon be gone'

cheers

paul

Social source share

Guest shaunmarie

thought i was well cool , was flickin through the telly moaning nowt on next min jumpin up shoutin wot a tune laugh.gif made my night

b good shaun

Social source share

Guest Lydia H

Can you believe I didn't manage to see this film?

I was told the wrong date initially and had made other plans for tonight so totally missed the program and the repeat. Does anyone know how I can see this in a downloadable format?

I spent an entire day hanging out with the crew whilst this was being filmed and am now getting people contacting me - asking and commenting about it and I ain't got to see the bleedin thing yet! Argh! ph34r.gif

Social source share

Thought it was brill...the kids laughed when they saw Uncle Steve on the telly in his duffel coat wink.gif

It will be on again I reckon, check the listings, may even be repeated tonight on one of the 4/more4 type channels I imagine.

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

reminded me of the video on Prestatyn TV ,every time we turned it on there he was walking through the entrance ,must have been practicing :lol:

be signing autographs soon no doubt

only joking mate ph34r.gif

Social source share

Nice one Stevie,

Watch out Michael Caine,,,,,, liked the ironing technique, be careful with the corduroy though eh!!!

Cheers Billy... Tell your good lady i will be over pretty soon to sort her basket out :lol:

Yes Willy you did catch a wobble, gonna sort it asap... :lol:

Thanks Donna for spotting the ring pull action, its rockN roll.. whistling.gif

Just a little film about a day in the life of a gathering.. As Kev said " no animals were used in the making of this film"..

Not sure if any have seen the other two short films on Monday/Tuesday and the last one same time tonight.. All are just the day in the life.. The film on Monday about an old man going up the mountain barefoot each year with 20,000 other people to worship... Thats the link between the films, the old man says " i hope to do this journey every year as long as i can walk".. There are many on this scene saying the same thing..

Do it while you can... Passion is everything.. Long time dead..

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I thought it made a nice change to the usual cliches and celebrity interviews. Very well done, in my opinion. As someone else said, probably a better portrait of 'our thing' in 3 minutes than most other film projects that have been put together before.

If anyone can sort out putting it on Youtube there's a free ticket on offer for the May 16th Soul Revolution...

Social source share

I thought it made a nice change to the usual cliches and celebrity interviews. Very well done, in my opinion. As someone else said, probably a better portrait of 'our thing' in 3 minutes than most other film projects that have been put together before.

If anyone can sort out putting it on Youtube there's a free ticket on offer for the May 16th Soul Revolution...

Karen "The Soulgirl" already put it on Youtube 12 hours ago!

This should be the link

Perdita

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Cato seems to be on camera more often than Graham Norton and John Barrowman put together these days.

I quite liked it , well shot and very big on imagery.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

didn't like the look of the 3 shifty looking guys who looked like they where gonna try and mug steve for the record box at the end laugh.gif:lol::lol:

We got the box, turned out to be full of cans of warm lager!

Well done Steve, serious portrayal with passion and commitment. thought you came across well, which is always nervy not knowing how the edititng is going to go. I guess there's a whole 30 minute programme of out-takes featuring the iron burning and the first 3 attempts to open the can on the train :P .

Is my nose really that big :lol:

Social source share

great film from the heart Steve,you're a natural :lol: .

Cameo performances from 3 dodgy geezers.Bet they were in make-up for hours to look like that. biggrin.gif .

The Crimewatch "MOST WANTED" website went into meltdown soon after.

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

didn't like the look of the 3 shifty looking guys who looked like they where gonna try and mug steve for the record box at the end :lol:laugh.gif:lol:

Cheeky Bugga

See u Sunday

Social source share

Guest Lydia H

Yes :lol: The camera didnt catch your good side Dean, at least you were on it though I was just a blur in the background :boxing:

At least you were in it at all. I spent an entire day with the crew and there's not a whispher of me in it!

(not that I mind really....I don't think I want to see what I look like on film.....after my experience on 'That's Life' aged 13...that did it for me!)

Social source share

Guest DonnaD

At least you were in it at all. I spent an entire day with the crew and there's not a whispher of me in it!

(not that I mind really....I don't think I want to see what I look like on film.....after my experience on 'That's Life' aged 13...that did it for me!)

Was it anything to do with an oddly shaped carrot by any chance?

Social source share

thought you weren't going to mention That's Life again :boxing: .

"Sausages".

Social source share

Guest Lydia H

Was it anything to do with an oddly shaped carrot by any chance?

No! Thankfully....

but it might sound worse...

My rabbit came fourth place in the 'purring pussy competition....'

Need I say more?

Social source share

Guest Lydia H

thought you weren't going to mention That's Life again :boxing: .

"Sausages".

Now you....quieten down...or shall I say "fresh air?"

Social source share

Only heard about this little film last minute but was lucky enough to catch it last night, very very good it was too, if you haven't seen it make the effort to track it down.

Lee Speed

Social source share

Cheers Billy... Tell your good lady i will be over pretty soon to sort her basket out :lol:

Yes Willy you did catch a wobble, gonna sort it asap... :lol:

Thanks Donna for spotting the ring pull action, its rockN roll.. :boxing:

Just a little film about a day in the life of a gathering.. As Kev said " no animals were used in the making of this film"..

Not sure if any have seen the other two short films on Monday/Tuesday and the last one same time tonight.. All are just the day in the life.. The film on Monday about an old man going up the mountain barefoot each year with 20,000 other people to worship... Thats the link between the films, the old man says " i hope to do this journey every year as long as i can walk".. There are many on this scene saying the same thing..

Do it while you can... Passion is everything.. Long time dead..

bloody forgot..........i knew it was on..dope!!!can i find it elsewhere stevie????????? also keep a couple o mags for me and brad, cheers ezzie just seen it,nice one me old mate :lol:

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

We got the box, turned out to be full of cans of warm lager!

Well done Steve, serious portrayal with passion and commitment. thought you came across well, which is always nervy not knowing how the edititng is going to go. I guess there's a whole 30 minute programme of out-takes featuring the iron burning and the first 3 attempts to open the can on the train :rolleyes: .

Is my nose really that big :D

thought I got a glimpse of the lesser spotted Dean on that clip

Mand :rolleyes:

Also Mak and Steve

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

Really enjoyed that, nice one Steve, very well done.

I didn't think you were old enough to shave tho.....

Social source share

Actually you are in it Lydia, if you pause it just at the point where I'm a blurred figure in the background you can see about 1/4 of your face biggrin.gif

Social source share

Actually you are in it Lydia, if you pause it just at the point where I'm a blurred figure in the background you can see about 1/4 of your face biggrin.gif

steve,get over it.Your'e not in it!!!.That was a reflection in the bus shelter window!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Sorry was it you Bigpaul?? yours and Maks spec are the same!!

Im better looking and younger than Mak biggrin.gif

And got a bigga Head to :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!