Derobert & The Half Truths

KevH

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks for posting this, this is pretty nice. I think it would sound a little better if it were a little slower, but that also might make it sound more like modern R&B.

Not trying to derail your thread but given that you're talking about new soul/funk I have a question. I was in the grocery store the other day and heard a cover of Cymande "The Message". It was terrible, by itself it wasn't that bad but it was way worse than the original. I assume it's a new soul/funk band doing the cover but I just googled and couldn't find any info. Some british reggae group called Aswad did a cover in '88 but that's not it. Anybody know who it might be? Thanks in advance.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi.I'm possibly late on this band,but thought i'd post up this clip.New soul/funk.Loving it.

(Mods please move if in wrong place).

We have their new 45 in stock towards the end of this week the b side is an unreal piece of modern soul and I think will end up being played out don't miss this one if anyones intrested in one give me a shout or contact me on jehtrading@hotmail.co.uk best regards Simon.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky to bring them to Dig Deeper this past April for their NYC debut. They are phenomenal live! Here's a little sample of them covering Ray Frazier (sorry the lighting ended up a little dark on the video):

Even better, they are incredibly nice guys - someone bring them over to the UK!

- honky

Social source share

We were lucky to bring them to Dig Deeper this past April for their NYC debut. They are phenomenal live! Here's a little sample of them covering Ray Frazier (sorry the lighting ended up a little dark on the video):

Even better, they are incredibly nice guys - someone bring them over to the UK!

- honky

Would have liked to have seen that. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert