mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

with downloading latest us series, pvr recordings, iplayer type sites
the choice of what to watch should be huge, but....
still pushed at times to find something that be a "must watch"

maybe a case for spoilt for choice?

so own "must watches" is low at the moment
"games of thrones" was the last one
only the second series of the walking dead ,is one that would say that comes close to a must watch

whats the ones that are missing ?
throw up your own "current tv must watches...." ?

''Wilfred'' was one of the funniest programmes I've seen all year, if it gets repeated well worth a watch.

''The Fades''. Still running on BBC3.

As Mike has mentioned ''The walking dead'' on FX really like this programme.

New one starting Monday on FX called ''An American horror story'', no idea what it's like, perhaps has some potential.

Currently on Channel 4 or E4, ''Southlands''. One of those gritty cop shows, have seen both series and they were IMO excellent.

Well until last night mine was Supernatural season 6. Brilliant stuff.

Current must watch is Top Boy, last part tonight and from HBO (who else), Broadwalk Empire and the unmissable Walking Dead.

Can't wait for the second season of Game of Thrones.

Never watched Spooks, I could never believe in a series where the security services are the good guys, more unbelievable than zombies in The Walking Dead. :lol:

New one starting Monday on FX called ''An American horror story'', no idea what it's like, perhaps has some potential.

Win it looks to me a bit like American Gothic, a brilliant series that was on a few years ago about a boy whose soul was basically being fought over by the devil and angels in small town America.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/

Win it looks to me a bit like American Gothic, a brilliant series that was on a few years ago about a boy whose soul was basically being fought over by the devil and angels in small town America.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/

yep that american gothic used to be a must watch

how long ago was that ?

have seen the first few episodes of american horror

all say is I be waiting to see what your views are after the first one

dont think you be disapointed

:wink:

Edited by mike

Current must watch is Top Boy, last part tonight and from HBO (who else), Broadwalk Empire and the unmissable Walking Dead.

Never watched Spooks, I could never believe in a series where the security services are the good guys, more unbelievable than zombies in The Walking Dead. :lol:

:thumbsup: TOP BOY for me too. Missed the first one but been glued to it since.

Apart from that I've been laying off any series - so I can buy some box sets to watch when we move to Spain.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Waterloo Road BBC1 Wednesday's :thumbup: coz it remindz me of my skool dayz :wicked::D

Big Brother C5 - cos I'm shallow & nosey :lol:

Strictly Come Dancing BBC1 - cos I love the sparkly dresses :hypo: & drag queen make-up :lol:

Top Boy has been really good, think it's been a great piece of drama. Have the first series of Boardwalk Empire downloaded (seen most of them) but haven't learnt how to transfer them yet, so they're sitting on my computer :( Brilliant programme. Not seen G.O.T. yet, not sure it's my cup of tea.

Also never seen spooks, so not sure how good that was.

Waterloo Road BBC1 Wednesday's :thumbup: coz it remindz me of my skool dayz :wicked::D

Big Brother C5 - cos I'm shallow & nosey :lol:

Strictly Come Dancing BBC1 - cos I love the sparkly dresses :hypo: & drag queen make-up :lol:

Alison what have you thought of this Big Brother, I can only see one winner myself Alex, she sort of reminds me of Cameron, just nothing to dislike about her? :)

Alison what have you thought of this Big Brother, I can only see one winner myself Alex, she sort of reminds me of Cameron, just nothing to dislike about her? :)

I loved it to begin with (especially the "Yes" task where Alex got spray tanned 4 times :lol: ) but I can't stand Aaron or Faye, & am disappointed they are still in, as I do lose interest when it focus's on them bores :sleep3:

Overall, I think C5 have done a great job taking it over from C4 :thumbsup:

The relatives nominating was t.v gold :wicked:

& the face to face nominations were clever .... until slimey Aaron threw it on purpose, but aha Louise got her own back :wicked: If Faye stays tomorrow I will be convinced the votes are fixed ranting_1.gif

From the outset I have loved Alex :thumbup: I felt sorry for her at first, as she was like the token ugly duckling :lol: in a house full of swans, but it's this and her thickness that people love & I sooooo want her to win. It does look like she is now the favourite to win, but I'm still going to vote as I don't want another BB1 where Anna (the nun) lost out to builder Craaaig.

What do you think of it ?

The News.

Aah which one though? Don't tell me, Sky News 24 for the whole 24 hours :D

I like watching BBC news in the morning & ITV on an evening, not sure why that is, I guess I'm just odd :rofl:

I loved it to begin with (especially the "Yes" task where Alex got spray tanned 4 times :lol: ) but I can't stand Aaron or Faye, & am disappointed they are still in, as I do lose interest when it focus's on them bores :sleep3:

Overall, I think C5 have done a great job taking it over from C4 :thumbsup:

The relatives nominating was t.v gold :wicked:

& the face to face nominations were clever .... until slimey Aaron threw it on purpose, but aha Louise got her own back :wicked: If Faye stays tomorrow I will be convinced the votes are fixed ranting_1.gif

From the outset I have loved Alex :thumbup: I felt sorry for her at first, as she was like the token ugly duckling :lol: in a house full of swans, but it's this and her thickness that people love & I sooooo want her to win. It does look like she is now the favourite to win, but I'm still going to vote as I don't want another BB1 where Anna (the nun) lost out to builder Craaaig.

What do you think of it ?

Alison

I would have liked a bit of live feed, but overall I agree with you channel 5 have done a pretty good job, and I just love Emma Willis in 'Bit on the side'. My favourite bit was Alex's spray tan, I think that's when I first started noticing her properly, and I've liked her since. I was taken in by Aaron at first, but now think he's a very strange man, and really don't want him to win it. I have some reservations about Louise, how she could think Jay 'smearing her pillow' with his bum smell was romantic is beyond me, but each to their own I guess.

The noms have been interesting, as you say nobody saw the relatives nominating, the face to face was good, but I think Aaron's actions lost him any chance of winning the show :thumbsup:

Win :)

Aah which one though? Don't tell me, Sky News 24 for the whole 24 hours :D

I like watching BBC news in the morning & ITV on an evening, not sure why that is, I guess I'm just odd :rofl:

I've tried watching sky news, but the sensationalism and bias is too much for me, I'm a BBC man :)

Hells Kitchen USA .............brilliant last one next week I think .............When we were at our kids in Spain we were all in Frankies shouting & cursing ranting_1.gif Tuesdays Channel 4 9.00pm or Channel 4+1 at 10.00

Top Boy.

Best UK TV drama for years.

Ian D :D

Superb, top quality

been a few good things over the last few years. This is England 86 was outstanding, Johnny Harris (also in Fades) and Stephen Graham great performances. Also enjoyed Red Riding despite Sean Bean being in it. Shameless maintains a very high standard, well, I like it :)

"Supernatural" was/is the best show on TV, despite Boba's comment elsewhere that it's aimed at girls in high school. It's been running a long time now and has a loyal fan base so it can play around with the conventions of the genre in a similar manner to the Buffy series. The best episodes I think are those that include more of a comedic approach. I suspect there's quite a lot of influence also from episodes of the "Stargate" series.

Apart from that

Misfits has re-started with a new character who's fitted right in.

Fringe

Haven

Lost Girl

Persons Unknown

Terra Nova

The Fades

Walking Dead

Merlin

Game of Thrones [though I've read up to book#4 now]

Yes Im a sci-fi/fantasy geek. "Top Man" was very good. "Boardwalk Empire" too. Also watch "Downton Abbey" which is usually not my thing but whenever Maggie Smith is in a scene it's a joy to watch.

ROD

"Supernatural" was/is the best show on TV, despite Boba's comment elsewhere that it's aimed at girls in high school. It's been running a long time now and has a loyal fan base so it can play around with the conventions of the genre in a similar manner to the Buffy series. The best episodes I think are those that include more of a comedic approach. I suspect there's quite a lot of influence also from episodes of the "Stargate" series.

Apart from that

Misfits has re-started with a new character who's fitted right in.

Fringe

Haven

Lost Girl

Persons Unknown

Terra Nova

The Fades

Walking Dead

Merlin

Game of Thrones [though I've read up to book#4 now]

Yes Im a sci-fi/fantasy geek. "Top Man" was very good. "Boardwalk Empire" too. Also watch "Downton Abbey" which is usually not my thing but whenever Maggie Smith is in a scene it's a joy to watch.

ROD

I wasn't sure if Supernatural would be my cup of tea either, I thought it was girly stuff with the two hunks as leads, but when I watched an early episode in season 6 (Bobby's Place?) and Bobby was torturing a demon, I knew it was for me and I was hooked. I agree Rod, some really interesting episodes, including the one where they play themselves starring in a show called Supernatural!

I catch Terra Nova while the kids are watching it, looks good though, missed all this season of Merlin so far. That list just goes to show how much brilliant TV drama there is around at the moment... some of it British as well!

With the American Football season in full flow. I'm probably watching 100 hours of NFL and college football at the minute. LSU at Alabama this weekend in college football. Tickets going for 10 grand sterling. If I could be anywhere sporting this weekend, it would be in Tuscaloosa. In with the 'Millwall' fans of LSU. No one likes them, They dont care.

The only non football programmes I have time to watch are -

Frozen Planet. More Attenborough magic. The definition of unmissable TV. As always.

Autumnwatch. It really needs to be on every night.

And for drama - Boardwalk Empire. Lots of Brit actors, including the fella out of Made in Britain, playing Al Capone. A bit twee for a ganster programme. but enjoyable non the less.

I wasn't sure if Supernatural would be my cup of tea either, I thought it was girly stuff with the two hunks as leads, but when I watched an early episode in season 6 (Bobby's Place?) and Bobby was torturing a demon, I knew it was for me and I was hooked. I agree Rod, some really interesting episodes, including the one where they play themselves starring in a show called Supernatural!

I catch Terra Nova while the kids are watching it, looks good though, missed all this season of Merlin so far. That list just goes to show how much brilliant TV drama there is around at the moment... some of it British as well!

Well I hope Rich Chorley isn't reading this but thank you Rupert Murdoch and Sky TV. I admit there are a couple of sci-fi things on the BBC/ITV/C4 but until cable/satellite we were very ill-served. Still have memories of Star Trek on BBC2 being taken off air and replaced by Wimbledon or Athletics.

ROD

Top Boy.

If it's raining cats & dogs all weekend, I'm going to catch it on 4od, (inbetween Big Brother & Strictly Come Dancing :lol: ) I hadn't heard of it until here, but after googling it, and reading the comments on this thread, it looks right up my street :thumbsup:

Alison

I would have liked a bit of live feed, but overall I agree with you channel 5 have done a pretty good job, and I just love Emma Willis in 'Bit on the side'. My favourite bit was Alex's spray tan, I think that's when I first started noticing her properly, and I've liked her since. I was taken in by Aaron at first, but now think he's a very strange man, and really don't want him to win it. I have some reservations about Louise, how she could think Jay 'smearing her pillow' with his bum smell was romantic is beyond me, but each to their own I guess.

The noms have been interesting, as you say nobody saw the relatives nominating, the face to face was good, but I think Aaron's actions lost him any chance of winning the show :thumbsup:

Win :)

Emma is FAB, I can't help but wince when I see her in those heels, tottering about on the stairs, with her little large bump. She is brilliant, but I wish she'd wear sensible shoes :lol:

Win!! there is a god!!! My vote today did count, and on your way Faye :wave: Interesting that Aaron didn't shed a tear :g: unlike he did when Harry left.

Louise is beautiful, but I agree that some of the stuff that comes out of her gorgeous mouth (& bottom) is shocking :ohmy:

Alex to win, Win :thumbup:

The season just ended, but Breaking Bad is incredible, one of the best TV shows ever.

I liked fringe season 1 and 2 but the third season kept getting worse and worse and it's pointless now. I also used to like dexter but it's boring and pointless to watch now.

The season just ended, but Breaking Bad is incredible, one of the best TV shows ever.

I liked fringe season 1 and 2 but the third season kept getting worse and worse and it's pointless now. I also used to like dexter but it's boring and pointless to watch now.

Is this the school teacher/drug dealer Bob?

Emma is FAB, I can't help but wince when I see her in those heels, tottering about on the stairs, with her little large bump. She is brilliant, but I wish she'd wear sensible shoes :lol:

Win!! there is a god!!! My vote today did count, and on your way Faye :wave: Interesting that Aaron didn't shed a tear :g: unlike he did when Harry left.

Louise is beautiful, but I agree that some of the stuff that comes out of her gorgeous mouth (& bottom) is shocking :ohmy:

Alex to win, Win :thumbup:

Not only is she good (Emma) on bit on the side, but she's stunningly good looking. Quite like Alice and Jamie on the same show, some of the guests have been a bit naff though. I think Mark would have had a chance against Alex had he stayed in, not quite sure why he walked, apart from maybe he wasn't getting enough air time? I think Faye was surprised she went, but I think if all 6 had of been up, she'd have still have been favourite to go. The latest twist should be interesting, none of them are going to want to be seen taking the lion's share of the money, surely all of them will say ''I'll take the tenner''? :)

Top Boy.

Ian, thought this series would have come in for a lot of bad press for gloryfying gun/gang/ drug culture.I thought it was a good series aswell :thumbsup:

yes, although he's not exactly a dealer, more a manufacturer (of crystal meth).

Thought that was it, saw one of them mid first series, really liked it, so stopped watching it until I can watch the whole thing, if that makes sense :)

Thought that was it, saw one of them mid first series, really liked it, so stopped watching it until I can watch the whole thing, if that makes sense :)

yeah, I didn't see it until recently, I (illegally) downloaded it and now am caught up to all 4 seasons. Part of the point of the series is watching the characters transition from being nice people to hard core criminals.

The Killing - Channel 4

Can't wait for the second series to see who did it, the first series left loads of "red herrings"

I'm not so sure if I want to watch or not. I didn't know they'd leave it open at the end, after watching for weeks I felt a bit let down. :(

Not only is she good (Emma) on bit on the side, but she's stunningly good looking. Quite like Alice and Jamie on the same show, some of the guests have been a bit naff though. I think Mark would have had a chance against Alex had he stayed in, not quite sure why he walked, apart from maybe he wasn't getting enough air time? I think Faye was surprised she went, but I think if all 6 had of been up, she'd have still have been favourite to go. The latest twist should be interesting, none of them are going to want to be seen taking the lion's share of the money, surely all of them will say ''I'll take the tenner''? :)

Hey good point there :thumbsup:

It is going to be fun watching them fight for a tenner, me, I'd go straight for the £30k :lol:

Thinking about thinks logically, I would perhaps give:-

Aaron the £30k, because he has a child, and I don't think he'll do many magazine deals once he's re-united with his son

Alex, the tenner (cos she is likely to win)

Louise, £990 (as she'll make money in modelling)

Jay £4k (as he'll make money off the back of Louise :wink: )

Tom - £15k (I find him funny, but can't see a job opening for him anywhere)

Hey, I watched the first episode of Top Boy last night. Great stuff, but when they chopped the wrong finger off :ohmy: and had to do it again :facepalm: Very moving scenes with his mum :( Can't wait to see the rest :thumbsup:

Hey good point there :thumbsup:

It is going to be fun watching them fight for a tenner, me, I'd go straight for the £30k :lol:

Thinking about thinks logically, I would perhaps give:-

Aaron the £30k, because he has a child, and I don't think he'll do many magazine deals once he's re-united with his son

Alex, the tenner (cos she is likely to win)

Louise, £990 (as she'll make money in modelling)

Jay £4k (as he'll make money off the back of Louise :wink: )

Tom - £15k (I find him funny, but can't see a job opening for him anywhere)

Hey, I watched the first episode of Top Boy last night. Great stuff, but when they chopped the wrong finger off :ohmy: and had to do it again :facepalm: Very moving scenes with his mum :( Can't wait to see the rest :thumbsup:

I was thinking about the sums of money, the only one I think who could take the 30k and still win would be Alex, but I think Aaron will probably end up getting it under duress. They might do a joint decision, ''Let's none of us take the money''? BB could respond by calling one of them in the diary room and asking that person if they want the lot? I'd say Tom should probably get the 30k, cos like you've said, job wise don't see a lot for him, can't see him getting a job on the tele? :)

Top boy just gets better and better with each episode, as a couple of others have said, best thing on the tele this year. :thumbsup:

Right, all you Top Boys! I've got a major grievance, because of your recommendations, I started watching Top Boy.

1st episode Fri night

2nd episode Sat night & so on, but oh no, it's been that blxxdy good, I've just watched it alll!!! So much for an early night ha ha

Brilliant! & has left me wanting more!!!!

Ali x

P.S. Did any of you cry? Lol lol. Well I did,..... a little bit :o)

Right, all you Top Boys! I've got a major grievance, because of your recommendations, I started watching Top Boy.

1st episode Fri night

2nd episode Sat night & so on, but oh no, it's been that blxxdy good, I've just watched it alll!!! So much for an early night ha ha

Brilliant! & has left me wanting more!!!!

Ali x

P.S. Did any of you cry? Lol lol. Well I did,..... a little bit :o)

No tears here :)

Two more new series starting next week.

Monday, something called 'Jury', everyday on ITV at 9

Thursday. 'Life's too short', can't remember which channel that's on. It's Ricky Gervais's new comedy, so may be offensive to some, I'll definitely be giving it a watch :)

Frozen Planet on BBC1 has been very good and is a defo must watch. I quite like Strike Back on Sky 1 too.

Edited by daved

Just finished Top Boy after recording the last two episodes. I thought it was brilliant overall. No surprises at the end though with Sully double crossing Ra'nell and Leon getting shot, and Dushane becoming 'top boy'. I knew Dushane would honour the deal on the weed.

The bit that made me smile was Gem and and the girl going into business with the Chinaman (Thai?) at the end, 'Easy money...'.

Good stuff.

Two more new series starting next week.

Monday, something called 'Jury', everyday on ITV at 9

Thursday. 'Life's too short', can't remember which channel that's on. It's Ricky Gervais's new comedy, so may be offensive to some, I'll definitely be giving it a watch :)

Watched the first episode of 'The Jury', was pretty good, I do like legal based drama so might be a biased :)

Have the new American Horror Story still to watch, did anybody else watch it, don't want the story line............. :)

just a quick highlight of a site bbcode feature

there is a spolier option

works like this

stuff that some members may not want to read or see

but those who do can read by clicking

to use

when posting just highlight the text you want hidden with your mouse

and then hit the third icon along (one next to "font") and choose spoiler

can be useful in threads like this etc etc

cheers

mike :)

Join or log in now!