mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

I liked watching the last series of Who Do You Think You Are? All the episodes were as usual pretty fascinating, but I particularly loved Len Goodwin's, Barry Gibb, Larry Lamb, June Brown and Seb Coe's family tree stories :wink:

Larry Lambs' was interesting in that he stated that both he and his brother have always had the wanderlust and have never been able to settle in one place, it turned out that he came from a family of show travellers. :thumbsup:

Suz

x

just a quick highlight of a site bbcode feature

there is a spolier option

works like this

stuff that some members may not want to read or see

but those who do can read by clicking

to use

when posting just highlight the text you want hidden with your mouse

and then hit the third icon along (one next to "font") and choose spoiler

can be useful in threads like this etc etc

cheers

mike :)

Hi Mike

I'm just testing out the spoiler,

is this used when you don't want everyone to see the waffle you are going on about i.e Big Brother & the bits that may be of interest to others you leave un-spoiled.

Also, is there a way that the spoiled part you can leave for only certain members to read i.e the one you are waffling to.

If not, excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the spoiler?

Hope you don't think I'm being a spoilsport :D

Edited by Alison H

Just finished Top Boy after recording the last two episodes. I thought it was brilliant overall. No surprises at the end though with Sully double crossing Ra'nell and Leon getting shot, and Dushane becoming 'top boy'. I knew Dushane would honour the deal on the weed.

The bit that made me smile was Gem and and the girl going into business with the Chinaman (Thai?) at the end, 'Easy money...'.

Good stuff.

As the detail in the series (apart from the supposed location not tying in with the view) seem to be spot on - I'm willing to bet that he's Vietnamese. :yes:

TOP BOY on youtube shows the 4 episodes as "series one" - I really hope a 2nd series is in the pipeline.

:hatsoff2: - Kev.

Edited by KevinKent

As the detail in the series (apart from the supposed location not tying in with the view) seem to be spot on - I'm willing to bet that he's Vietnamese. :yes:

TOP BOY on youtube shows the 4 episodes as "series one" - I really hope a 2nd series is in the pipeline.

:hatsoff2: - Kev.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That gives me hope, and it's also on C4 website

They've left it soooo open with Ra'Nell that we'll be watching it for the next 10 years until Ra'Nell is the Top Boy :thumbsup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That gives me hope, and it's also on C4 website

They've left it soooo open with Ra'Nell that we'll be watching it for the next 10 years until Ra'Nell is the Top Boy :thumbsup:

Hmm interesting if they took it that far, a few years down the line. I hope he isn't Top Boy though because that means he'll become an evil B*****d.

I wish Sully had got his comeuppence, but I suppose realistically bad people do get away with it.

Hmm interesting if they took it that far, a few years down the line. I hope he isn't Top Boy though because that means he'll become an evil B*****d.

I wish Sully had got his comeuppence, but I suppose realistically bad people do get away with it.

I'd be disappointed if they made that many series, it would lose it's impact for me. I would see Sully getting his if there is another series, he's a cert to make a play for the number 1 spot and he's expendable as they haven't given him any sympathetic traits. :thumbsup:

Did you watch that American horror story Matt, was pretty well done, well I thought so anyway.

I'd be disappointed if they made that many series, it would lose it's impact for me. I would see Sully getting his if there is another series, he's a cert to make a play for the number 1 spot and he's expendable as they haven't given him any sympathetic traits. :thumbsup:

Did you watch that American horror story Matt, was pretty well done, well I thought so anyway.

I missed it, :( just checking when it's repeated.

Mad Men - didn't watch it was on the box, looked a little slow. Got the first series box set, loved it, then watched the next three seasons one after the other. The attention to early 60's details is astonishing. Really loved the series and can't wait for more.

Only programs I watch from football seem to be BBC 4 documentaries, mainly music based. Watching Dexter series 5 but can't get into it like the others.

True, I suppose he could turn out to be like Dushane, ok, still a very bad boy (but a bad boy who had a little bit of a conscience) and not turn out as evil as Sully.

I too was hoping Sully got what he deserved, and that Ra'Nell was heading to knife him :wicked: but there again, if he had, there wouldn't be chance of a Series 2 :(

Hi Mike

I'm just testing out the spoiler,

is this used when you don't want everyone to see the waffle you are going on about i.e Big Brother & the bits that may be of interest to others you leave un-spoiled.

Also, is there a way that the spoiled part you can leave for only certain members to read i.e the one you are waffling to.

If not, excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the spoiler?

Hope you don't think I'm being a spoilsport :D

Hi Alison

its just something thats available and as doesnt get used much (think seen one person use it) just thought mention it

it could be usefull in a fair few ways

say you wanna post a large amount of text that may not be of interest to everyone

and dont wanna flood the thread

eg

ScienceDaily (Nov. 7, 2011) " Satellite imagery has uncovered new evidence of a lost civilisation of the Sahara in Libya's south-western desert wastes that will help re-write the history of the country. The fall of Gaddafi has opened the way for archaeologists to explore the country's pre-Islamic heritage, so long ignored under his regime.

See Also:

Earth & Climate

Weather

Desert

Fossils & Ruins

Ancient Civilizations

Archaeology

Science & Society

Popular Culture

Urbanization

Reference

Archaeological field survey

Archaeology

Excavation

Castle

Using satellites and air-photographs to identify the remains in one of the most inhospitable parts of the desert, a British team has discovered more than 100 fortified farms and villages with castle-like structures and several towns, most dating between AD 1-500.

These "lost cities" were built by a little-known ancient civilisation called the Garamantes, whose lifestyle and culture was far more advanced and historically significant than the ancient sources suggested.

The team from the University of Leicester has identified the mud brick remains of the castle-like complexes, with walls still standing up to four metres high, along with traces of dwellings, cairn cemeteries, associated field systems, wells and sophisticated irrigation systems. Follow-up ground survey earlier this year confirmed the pre-Islamic date and remarkable preservation.

"It is like someone coming to England and suddenly discovering all the medieval castles. These settlements had been unremarked and unrecorded under the Gaddafi regime," says the project leader David Mattingly FBA, Professor of Roman Archaeology at the University of Leicester.

"Satellite imagery has given us the ability to cover a large region. The evidence suggests that the climate has not changed over the years and we can see that this inhospitable landscape with zero rainfall was once very densely built up and cultivated. These are quite exceptional ancient landscapes, both in terms of the range of features and the quality of preservation," says Dr Martin Sterry, also of the University of Leicester, who has been responsible for much of the image analysis and site interpretation.

The findings challenge a view dating back to Roman accounts that the Garamantes consisted of barbaric nomads and troublemakers on the edge of the Roman Empire.

"In fact, they were highly civilised, living in large-scale fortified settlements, predominantly as oasis farmers. It was an organised state with towns a

nd villages, a written language and state of the art technologies. The Garamantes were pioneers in establishing oases and opening up Trans-Saharan trade," Professor Mattingly said.

The professor and his team were forced to evacuate Libya in February when the anti-Gaddafi revolt started, but hope to be able to return to the field as soon as security is fully restored. The Libyan antiquities department, badly under-resourced under Gaddafi, is closely involved in the project. Funding for the research has come from the European Research Council who awarded Professor Mattingly an ERC Advanced Grant of nearly 2.5m euros, the Leverhulme Trust, the Society for Libyan Studies and the GeoEye Foundation.

"It is a new start for Libya's antiquities service and a chance for the Libyan people to engage with their own long-suppressed history," says Profe

ssor Mattingly.

"These represent the first towns in Libya that weren't the colonial imposition of Mediterranean people such as the Greeks and Romans. The Garamantes should be central to what Libyan school children learn about their history and heritage."

maybe images or video clips

http://youtu.be/9vbyotUGL0w

or film endings and so on

Mad Men - didn't watch it was on the box, looked a little slow. Got the first series box set, loved it, then watched the next three seasons one after the other. The attention to early 60's details is astonishing. Really loved the series and can't wait for more.

Only programs I watch from football seem to be BBC 4 documentaries, mainly music based. Watching Dexter series 5 but can't get into it like the others.

One of the best series for me, really enjoyed it, stick with it Pete :)

I missed it, :( just checking when it's repeated.

General info for anybody who missed it and want's to see it.

''American Horror Story''. There's a repeat on on Friday at 11 p.m. straight after the 'walking dead'. It's on FX

Edited by Winnie :-)

A bit like when I look at you Russ :D:wink: x

Right thats it.....you go over my knee next time ! :wicked:

You'll have to catch me first :rofl: (I don't know what that smiley means, but I like the look of it :lol: )

If you did happen to catch me, I'm sure the blonde one will save me, as she likes me much better than she likes you :P:D x

Hi Alison

its just something thats available and as doesnt get used much (think seen one person use it) just thought mention it

it could be usefull in a fair few ways

say you wanna post a large amount of text that may not be of interest to everyone

and dont wanna flood the thread

eg

ScienceDaily (Nov. 7, 2011) " Satellite imagery has uncovered new evidence of a lost civilisation of the Sahara in Libya's south-western desert wastes that will help re-write the history of the country. The fall of Gaddafi has opened the way for archaeologists to explore the country's pre-Islamic heritage, so long ignored under his regime.

See Also:

Earth & Climate

Weather

Desert

Fossils & Ruins

Ancient Civilizations

Archaeology

Science & Society

Popular Culture

Urbanization

Reference

Archaeological field survey

Archaeology

Excavation

Castle

Using satellites and air-photographs to identify the remains in one of the most inhospitable parts of the desert, a British team has discovered more than 100 fortified farms and villages with castle-like structures and several towns, most dating between AD 1-500.

These "lost cities" were built by a little-known ancient civilisation called the Garamantes, whose lifestyle and culture was far more advanced and historically significant than the ancient sources suggested.

The team from the University of Leicester has identified the mud brick remains of the castle-like complexes, with walls still standing up to four metres high, along with traces of dwellings, cairn cemeteries, associated field systems, wells and sophisticated irrigation systems. Follow-up ground survey earlier this year confirmed the pre-Islamic date and remarkable preservation.

"It is like someone coming to England and suddenly discovering all the medieval castles. These settlements had been unremarked and unrecorded under the Gaddafi regime," says the project leader David Mattingly FBA, Professor of Roman Archaeology at the University of Leicester.

"Satellite imagery has given us the ability to cover a large region. The evidence suggests that the climate has not changed over the years and we can see that this inhospitable landscape with zero rainfall was once very densely built up and cultivated. These are quite exceptional ancient landscapes, both in terms of the range of features and the quality of preservation," says Dr Martin Sterry, also of the University of Leicester, who has been responsible for much of the image analysis and site interpretation.

The findings challenge a view dating back to Roman accounts that the Garamantes consisted of barbaric nomads and troublemakers on the edge of the Roman Empire.

"In fact, they were highly civilised, living in large-scale fortified settlements, predominantly as oasis farmers. It was an organised state with towns a

nd villages, a written language and state of the art technologies. The Garamantes were pioneers in establishing oases and opening up Trans-Saharan trade," Professor Mattingly said.

The professor and his team were forced to evacuate Libya in February when the anti-Gaddafi revolt started, but hope to be able to return to the field as soon as security is fully restored. The Libyan antiquities department, badly under-resourced under Gaddafi, is closely involved in the project. Funding for the research has come from the European Research Council who awarded Professor Mattingly an ERC Advanced Grant of nearly 2.5m euros, the Leverhulme Trust, the Society for Libyan Studies and the GeoEye Foundation.

"It is a new start for Libya's antiquities service and a chance for the Libyan people to engage with their own long-suppressed history," says Profe

ssor Mattingly.

"These represent the first towns in Libya that weren't the colonial imposition of Mediterranean people such as the Greeks and Romans. The Garamantes should be central to what Libyan school children learn about their history and heritage."

maybe images or video clips

http://youtu.be/9vbyotUGL0w

or film endings and so on

Cool :thumbsup: I can see how it will benefit other members if used appropriately.

There's the odd member who I would like to see using the spoilers more :lol: but hey, live & let live, they most likely fall asleep :sleep3: reading my posts too :lol:

Looks like I'm the only one watching 'Braquo' on FX, then!

A jaw-droppingly brilliant (and relentlessly violent) French cop show that that's three weeks into a series of eight episodes and that is currently wiping the floor with any other TV drama.

Comes on straight after 'The Walking Dead' on Sundays so you really have no excuse not to be watching FX already when it starts...

A jaw-droppingly brilliant (and relentlessly violent) French cop show that that's three weeks into a series of eight episodes and that is currently wiping the floor with any other TV drama.

Saw the trailer, forgot it was on. It looked a lot like Misrene: Killer Instinct that was on recently. French stuff always seems far more brutal for some reason, i'll never forget La Haine, great film.

Edited by Matt Male

Comes on straight after 'The Walking Dead' on Sundays so you really have no excuse not to be watching FX already when it starts...

I kept thinking about watching this and haven't got round to it, I'll have to check FX catch up to see if it's available

Recorded the 1st 3 and watched them all last night......very good, Julie Walters is brilliant as usual!

I think I know who dunnit :shhh:

Can't argue with that, she's excellent, John Lynch (played George Best) as the accused is also very good

I kept thinking about watching this and haven't got round to it, I'll have to check FX catch up to see if it's available

If It's not, I'm sure they will repeat it. If I were you I would wait until they do and watch it from the start, as it's an ongoing series rather than a collection of episodes...

Yes, Matt it's very definitely in the 'Mesrine' bag. And what wonderful films they were, BTW.

What about Treme? Has had some great reviews...

Yep, Treme is great TV too. It takes its time and there are long stretches when not a lot happens, but it's always worth watching to see which New Orleans legends turn up (usually as themselves) from week to week (last week it was producer/arranger Harold Battiste and, in recurring roles, Dr. John and Wanda Rouzan...). Some of its threaded story lines work better than others but it's a terrific watch overall.

Dunno about anybody else, but I was a bit disappointed with the end of 'The Jury', the acting was excellent, but the story seemed to have holes in.

A fake juror?

Supposedly a high profile case, would they have been allowed to have access to the net to do research, would seem outside 'considering the evidence'?

Dunno about anybody else, but I was a bit disappointed with the end of 'The Jury', the acting was excellent, but the story seemed to have holes in.

A fake juror?

Supposedly a high profile case, would they have been allowed to have access to the net to do research, would seem outside 'considering the evidence'?

Winnie, I thought there was going to be a twist in the tale (thought the fake juror was tied into Julie Walters somehow) but it just seemed to fizzle out,enjoyed the show overall though

Winnie, I thought there was going to be a twist in the tale (thought the fake juror was tied into Julie Walters somehow) but it just seemed to fizzle out,enjoyed the show overall though

I thought there had to be a twist, it's like the writer ran out of ideas, or perhaps I've been watching too many American dramas :)

Dunno about anybody else, but I was a bit disappointed with the end of 'The Jury',

...I was disappointed with the beginning and the middle of it, too.

That's another 5 nights viewing that I'll never get back...

I got the Walking Dead series 1 box set on rental from Blockbuster, I lasted 20 minutes, hated it, might as well have just watched 28 Days Laster or Dawn Of The Dead, waste of £5 that was.

Guest gfarrington

sky sports news,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,before it gets cut off

Guest gfarrington

Waterloo Road BBC1 Wednesday's :thumbup: coz it remindz me of my skool dayz :wicked::D

my 14 year old niece, gets parts as a extra in this

Edited by gfarrington

I got the Walking Dead series 1 box set on rental from Blockbuster, I lasted 20 minutes, hated it, might as well have just watched 28 Days Laster or Dawn Of The Dead, waste of £5 that was.

I heard that this sucks too. Breaking Bad is awesome though.

my 14 year old niece, gets parts as a extra in this

Wow! That's cool!! Can she get me Tom's autograph, or better still his phone number lol

Quite a few years ago (either series 2 or 3) I took my 2 nieces to the Rochdale school where it's filmed, gosh knows how I found it as the estate is like the ruddy York Maze to navigate round, but find it I did, and made 2 little girls, ok, 3 little girls :o) very happy. Would love to go back & see it, but my nieces aren't interested anymore :o( If your niece needs a chaperone on her next shoot, I'm the one, I'm sure I could pass for a school girl ha ha ha !!

Wow! That's cool!! Can she get me Tom's autograph, or better still his phone number lol

Quite a few years ago (either series 2 or 3) I took my 2 nieces to the Rochdale school where it's filmed, gosh knows how I found it as the estate is like the ruddy York Maze to navigate round, but find it I did, and made 2 little girls, ok, 3 little girls :o) very happy. Would love to go back & see it, but my nieces aren't interested anymore :o( If your niece needs a chaperone on her next shoot, I'm the one, I'm sure I could pass for a school girl ha ha ha !!

Stop it Alison,

Dressed up as a schoolgirl, mmm. :wicked::wicked::lol::lol::lol:

I heard that this sucks too. Breaking Bad is awesome though.

No Bob, The Walking Dead is fantastic.

Pete, you should have stuck with it. The end of the second series mid-season finale was an amazing, sad, shocking and heartbreaking few minutes of TV. Slow burning storylines is what these new wave of US drama do best.

Pete, you should have stuck with it. The end of the second series mid-season finale was an amazing, sad, shocking and heartbreaking few minutes of TV. Slow burning storylines is what these new wave of US drama do best.

Couldn't agree more, very impressive and didn't see that twist coming at all

But it was just like a zombie movie and I've seen hundreds of those, couldn't see the point of making a series about it

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.