mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

8 hours ago, Missing Link said:

Spiral 6 (Engrenages) is pretty good at the moment.

Good shout. Spiral is great. I’ve yet to start watching season 6

8 hours ago, Missing Link said:

Spiral 6 (Engrenages) is pretty good at the moment.

Just finished GODLESS - yet another superb Netflix series, a seven part, gritty, violent, brilliantly engrossing Western,  starring Brits Jack O'Connell and Michelle Dockery.

6 minutes ago, chalky said:

Quite funny...when I can make out what they are saying :lol:

Ha ha true ! Sure they’re no Billy Casper

got to get into mcmafia - only heard good things 

26 minutes ago, chalky said:

McMafia, outstanding, gripping TV and from the BBC as well.

19 minutes ago, polyvelts said:

Ha ha true ! Sure they’re no Billy Casper

got to get into mcmafia - only heard good things 

I’ve watched a couple of McMafia. Its ok I  find it a it slow. 

Mind Hunter on Netflix is good and I’m watching series 3 of Fargo.  

Allways spend 1/2 hour badger watching every nite as the feck up my lawn , allways 4t they were slow heavy moving lumps but watching them run amuck @ speeds of almost 20 mph is quite spectacular! 

I am still feeding what I think is a juvenile hedgehog. The bigger ones have not been active since mid December. I’m guessing that this little fellow thought he’d not put enough weight on to hibernate. 

🦔🦔🦔 

ooops apologies! I’ve put this in the wrong thread. It should be in Russ’s Photograph thread. Sorry. 

Pete

Edited by Peter99

13 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I found it gripping rather than slow and never felt it was losing me.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first of a new series of Endeavour last night - A great series, and one I will watch from the very beginning again. I never liked Morse though (Endeavour is Morse as a young man)

Len :thumbsup:

On 04/02/2018 at 17:51, Peter99 said:

I have watched A couple of McMafia I also find it A bit slow , Enjoyed Hard Sun even tho A bit heavy watching , just seen an advert 4 “best of top gear “ feck knows how they going find enough footage 4 A 30 minute program, 

23 minutes ago, mike said:

Found the first episode of 'Keeping Faith' on bbc1 most enjoyable, hopefully the rest be the same

anyone know what town it was filmed in?

from the BBC site ... "  the series will be filmed on location in the Vale of Glamorgan, Carmarthenshire and around Laugharne, with studio scenes recorded in Bridgend."

27 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

from the BBC site ... "  the series will be filmed on location in the Vale of Glamorgan, Carmarthenshire and around Laugharne, with studio scenes recorded in Bridgend."

cheers , was trying to id the town used in the seaside bits, guess that was Laugharne then  :thumbsup:

All of the Fargoe seasons are good. Just getting toward the end of season 3 with Jude Law. It’s very, very good indeed. It’s on Netflix . 

Going to start on the first Collateral tonight. BBC 2 I think. I like John Simms.

Pete 

Currently Emmerdale, Countryfile and that show about farms. I’ve recently acquired a Barbour. Classic one, mind, not the fashion one. 

Is anything funny on anymore?

Is laughter allowed or even fashionable these days? 

Are the 30 somethings just commissioning shows on beards and second rate cop shows in terrestrial tv?  

Nice to have the winter olympics on in the background.

snowboarding, ski jumping etc etc all great to watch.

watched the 3 part drama trauma which was ok but it seemed to wrap up and end a bit suddenly though.

2 minutes ago, JNixon said:

Everybody is a curling expert now. It’s weirdly watchable. 

Yes major tournaments tend to have that effect on a sport

2 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Don't know if its been posted before , but two doors down on BBC 2 , is a great comedy 😂👌

Well said young man but missing jazz Elaine smith is f!!!ck!ng. Amazing get my dinner on by the way how is beth

3 hours ago, Peter99 said:

All of the Fargoe seasons are good. Just getting toward the end of season 3 with Jude Law. It’s very, very good indeed. It’s on Netflix . 

Going to start on the first Collateral tonight. BBC 2 I think. I like John Simms.

Pete 

Jude Law? 

Watched the Swedish drama "Rebecka Martinsson Arctic Murders", was very good.

Edited by Steve Lane

3 hours ago, dylan said:

Macmafia was watchable the last 2 episodes were good and it finished strong.

all set up nicely for another season....

I thought Mcmafia was great from start to finish.

Just getting to the end of Hard Sun.

4 minutes ago, chalky said:

I thought Mcmafia was great from start to finish.

Just getting to the end of Hard Sun.

The ending was good when he ignored the call.  He is growing into his role and realising what he has to be.

plenty of legs in it yet and lots of loose ends to keep it going.

I liked McMafia. Talking of the mafia, C4 showed one episode of "Maltese The Mafia Detective", set in 1976, it looked eminently watchable, although sub titled like Babylon Berlin......then they announce all further episodes only available on "All4" their internet service. Who wants to watch a series with subtitles on a laptop FFS? :pirate: Tossers.

Edited by Steve G

13 minutes ago, Steve G said:

I liked McMafia. Talking of the mafia, C4 showed one episode of "Maltese The Mafia Detective", set in 1976, it looked eminently watchable, although sub titled like Babylon Berlin......then they announce all further episodes only available on "All4" their internet service. Who wants to watch a series with subtitles on a laptop FFS? :pirate: Tossers.

Currently up to episode three of this, which (like many other subtitled dramas) I'm watching with absolutely no problems at all on my laptop. :lol: Finding this show a bit weak so far. I do hope it picks up.

2 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Currently up to episode three of this, which (like many other subtitled dramas) I'm watching with absolutely no problems at all on my laptop. :lol: Finding this show a bit weak so far. I do hope it picks up.

Keep me posted please if its weak I won't bother.....

Edited by Steve G

Just watched the first episode of The Looming Tower, about the rivalry between the FBI and CIA's counter terrorism departments, and the lack of co-operation leading up to 9/11.  Only nine more episodes to go.

Halfway through the latest season of Strike Back, which is very topical as an ex Soviet scientist who worked on the Novichok programme has been captured by the British widow of an Islamic extremist.  Lots of gung ho action in various locations across the globe.

On 10/03/2018 at 20:43, Steve S 60 said:

Just watched the first episode of The Looming Tower, about the rivalry between the FBI and CIA's counter terrorism departments, and the lack of co-operation leading up to 9/11.  Only nine more episodes to go.

Up to episode 4 enjoying it 

21 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

series 8

Bloody hell have I missed that many, don't know why it has slipped by me before but enjoying this series looks like I have some catching up to do 

Series 7 was the 1st one to be aired down here, no idea why, it`s brilliant. We can all relate to at least one of the characters. start from series one and work your way through them. There`s also a couple of specials and a live show from a couple of years ago at the SEC.

Just watched 'Seven Seconds' and loved it, recommended, also, started watching 'Damnation', 3 episodes in and looking good, both on Netflix.

I'm sure you are all watching it already - but have finally caught up with all the 'This Country' episodes. Brilliant - and reminiscent of 'The Office' in terms of style and 'cringeworthyness'!

Adam.

2 hours ago, douglaschip said:

I'm sure you are all watching it already

The birthday episode was a classic....you just knew what was coming at the bus stop but it didn't make it any less funny

On 4/15/2018 at 17:56, Steve S 60 said:

Season 4 of Bosch now available on Amazon Prime.

Finished watching all ten episodes last night.  Well worth the effort.  Ties up all the loose ends from the three previous seasons nicely.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.