mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Just finished watching series 3 of Breaking Bad, really looking forwrd to 4th, recommended viewing!

Just got in to this recently. Currently on Season 2, Episode 4 and it's just getting better!

Bit late this but the end of season two of Broadwalk Empire before Christmas was gobsmacking, it was beyond Shakespearian, it was Greek drama through and through, kill your father, sleep with your mother, betrayed by your friends. It was absolutely epic. The last episode was one of the best hours of TV i've ever seen. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it even rivals (maybe even surpasses) The Sopranos. :ohmy:

I've never watched The Sopranos, but Boardwalk Empire is just fantastic - what a shocking final episode!! Can't wait for the next Season later this year, meanwhile I'm watching Breaking Bad.

Do you lot never watch any great British drama? All bloody US of A stuff, are you obsessed with American culture or something.

Mind you not sure I can remember any Great british drama on box for some time. Public Enemy started off really well but lost its way and just became too ridiculous, and Love/Hate has started as quite good but suspect it won't ever get to great.

Cmon on need some suggestions as have a new TIVO box waiting to be overloaded.

Loads of good stuff about Jock, but most of it is American. Currently just started to watch Underbelly, sort of Sopranos meets Brotherhood. Australian in origin, couple of episodes in it's on FX, quite enjoying it.

Started to watch the Above Suspicion that started last week, the first one was very good and this one started off well too.

I sky+ the Public Enemy Jock and yet to watch it. Missed the first Mad Dogs that started other week on Sky 1. Will catch up sometime soon.

Chalks not sure if you meant you'd missed the first series, or missed the first one of the new series? If it's the latter then you haven't, think it starts tomorrow.

'Borgen'.

Simply unmissable TV, and better than anything else that I've raved about recently on here.

Can't wait for this Saturday's double episode on BBC4.

Denmark once again leading the way in world drama, it seems....

Chalks not sure if you meant you'd missed the first series, or missed the first one of the new series? If it's the latter then you haven't, think it starts tomorrow.

I knew it was starting Win and when I saw episode 3 of 4 on Sky 1 I assumed it was latest that's good I'll set sky+ when I finish.

Boardwalk Empire is fantastic, much of it mirroring what happened during in prohibition and based on real characters but it doesn't come close to Sopranos IMO. I'm currently watching Sopranos from start to finish on Sky Atlantic, be about the 4th time Ive seen it.

with downloading latest us series, pvr recordings, iplayer type sites

the choice of what to watch should be huge, but....

still pushed at times to find something that be a "must watch"

maybe a case for spoilt for choice?

so own "must watches" is low at the moment

"games of thrones" was the last one

only the second series of the walking dead ,is one that would say that comes close to a must watch

whats the ones that are missing ?

throw up your own "current tv must watches...." ?

Mrs Brown's Boys for me..............love it......... and also Family Guy.

Don't tend to watch a lot of drama stuff but I really enjoyed CALL THE MIDWIFE on Sunday...............will deffo be tuning in for the rest!!!

Edited by Carol J

Guest mickeyfish58

yep mrs browns boys does it for me :thumbsup:

Guest wigan bob

celebrity coach trip come dine with me and jeremy kyle .class

We have just gotten "Zen" over here, filmed authentically in Rome, Italy. Story lines, acting, clothes, sets etc look top notch. Having a bit of a tough time when Zen pops into a cafe for an espresso and the bloke behind the counter speaks with a Yorkshire accent ! :lol:

Chris

'Borgen'.

Simply unmissable TV, and better than anything else that I've raved about recently on here.

Can't wait for this Saturday's double episode on BBC4.

Denmark once again leading the way in world drama, it seems....

Glad you said that Tony, recorded them all so far on Sky+ and was ready to delete to make space. Now i'll watch them. :thumbsup:

Boardwalk Empire is fantastic, much of it mirroring what happened during in prohibition and based on real characters but it doesn't come close to Sopranos IMO. I'm currently watching Sopranos from start to finish on Sky Atlantic, be about the 4th time Ive seen it.

You're right, doesn't come close yet (2 seasons vs. 6 seasons) but i'd say after two seasons it's off to a pretty good start. I'll never heard a bad word against the Sopranos, so unusual for me to even say it compares at all.

I'll be watching Call the Midwife :D

Suz

x

Oh yes ..caught some of it last weekend..is it based on a true story???.....dont forget..The Hotel..quality TV... :lol: ..Del...xxxx

Aye it is Del me mam has all the books, Jennifer Worth (she died recently :( ) who wrote is the central character that's the girl who examined that pregnant woman who had a syphilitic canker yeeeeucch :)

Suz

x

I'll be watching Call the Midwife :D

Suz

x

I do like 'Women's TV' as a whole but having endured most of this old tripe last night at Mrs R's behest - who also thought it was pants, BTW - I wish I had been watching a programme called 'Kill The Midwife' instead.

Even 'Wild At Heart' seemed appealing by comparion after about 15 minutes of it. :tumbleweed3:

I do like 'Women's TV' as a whole but having endured most of this old tripe last night at Mrs R's behest - who also thought it was pants, BTW - I wish I had been watching a programme called 'Kill The Midwife' instead.

Even 'Wild At Heart' seemed appealing by comparion after about 15 minutes of it. :tumbleweed3:

Well I like it, it is after all about Jennifer Worth's own experiences as a midwife in the East End of London and Miranda Hart Jennifer picked out to be the character of Chummy herself before she died :P

Suz

x

Doe anybody get "Current" channel, I get it on Virgin Media, don't know if it's on Sky?

It's a documentary channel, really really good, interesting diverse documentaries all day.

Off topic cos it's radio, but I strongly recommend you give this Radio 4 documentary a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019fxb1

Its about a black family who grew up in south central LA, who had three generations of the same family incarcerated, fantastic, eye opening & humane look at the problems they face in that tough gang ridden culture, please give it a listen.

Radio 4 is the only thing worth the licence fee, I applaud them for this stuff.

Aid.

Well I like it, it is after all about Jennifer Worth's own experiences as a midwife in the East End of London and Miranda Hart Jennifer picked out to be the character of Chummy herself before she died :P

Suz

x

...Are you sure she didn't pick Miranda out after she died? :wicked:

To be fair she was the best thing in it. Not that she had to try to hard to be, like... :lol:

...Are you sure she didn't pick Miranda out after she died? :wicked:

To be fair she was the best thing in it. Not that she had to try to hard to be, like... :lol:

LALALALALALA I'm not listening Mr Rounce :lol:

Suz

x

Doe anybody get "Current" channel, I get it on Virgin Media, don't know if it's on Sky?

It's a documentary channel, really really good, interesting diverse documentaries all day.

Off topic cos it's radio, but I strongly recommend you give this Radio 4 documentary a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b019fxb1

Its about a black family who grew up in south central LA, who had three generations of the same family incarcerated, fantastic, eye opening & humane look at the problems they face in that tough gang ridden culture, please give it a listen.

Radio 4 is the only thing worth the licence fee, I applaud them for this stuff.

Aid.

What number is it on virgin, I've not come across it as yet?

Jesus, anybody watching Yesterday channel now?

The Nazis & The Final Sollution, its about a Auschwitz & the Sonderkommando, makes me want to weep, I've been there & still can't believe that mankind can do such atrocities to each other, we are no better than dogs, I don't believe evolution has removed this evil gene 60 years on either, we are still capable of this horror just different circumstance.

Grim post, sorry.

Aid

Jesus, anybody watching Yesterday channel now?

The Nazis & The Final Sollution, its about a Auschwitz & the Sonderkommando, makes me want to weep, I've been there & still can't believe that mankind can do such atrocities to each other, we are no better than dogs, I don't believe evolution has removed this evil gene 60 years on either, we are still capable of this horror just different circumstance.

Grim post, sorry.

Aid

Horrible it was and is

Irene Nemirovsky who wrote one of my favourite books Suite Francaise was killed at Auschwitz :(

Suz

x

Horrible it was and is

Irene Nemirovsky who wrote one of my favourite books Suite Francaise was killed at Auschwitz :(

Suz

x

Don't know that book but will look it up.

I would recommend a documentary called Shoah (Yiddish for holocaust).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090015/

9 hour long, just monologue interviews with death camp survivors, the most accurate account of this ever, I'm not religious but I believe that was hell visiting earth.

A good friend of mine is from Israel (he married a girl friend of mine from Warrington) he taught me a lot & I now understand the psyche, that we in the west sometimes don't comprehend when it comes to Israel & foreign policy, it all to easy for us to jump in & critique.

I see it a lot.

Aid.

I'm a bit depresses now, Friday night glass of red & some soul music called for me thinks.

Aid.

For me at the moment ....

Law And Order

Mad Dogs

Eternal Law :rolleyes:

And soon to return ....

Game Of Thrones (April)

The Walking Dead (Feb)

Haven't seen Law and order or Game of thrones, have been watching Eternal Law, not sure what to make of it yet, is there a deeper message I'm missing or is it just the usual social comment on us as a species. Have plussed mad dogs, first series pretty good, and really like the Walking dead.

True Blood series 4 back in a few days time, on FX I think, anything vampiric intrigues me

Haven't seen Law and order or Game of thrones, have been watching Eternal Law, not sure what to make of it yet, is there a deeper message I'm missing or is it just the usual social comment on us as a species. Have plussed mad dogs, first series pretty good, and really like the Walking dead.

True Blood series 4 back in a few days time, on FX I think, anything vampiric intrigues me

Thanks for the reminder about True Blood I'm off to series link it now :thumbsup:

Just finished watching series 3 of Breaking Bad, really looking forwrd to 4th, recommended viewing!

Where can I watch series 3, I have watched box sets of 1 and 2 but 3 not out over here til July.

Started watching new series of "Whitechapel" last night, looking good as ever!

Loving "Suits" on Dave on a Tuesday night, and as someone mentioned earlier, some great documentaries on Current TV

Started watching new series of "Whitechapel" last night, looking good as ever!

Loving "Suits" on Dave on a Tuesday night, and as someone mentioned earlier, some great documentaries on Current TV

I watched it last night, seen the previous 2 and wasn't impressed, but last nights was promising, probably because they're not relying on legend (ripper/Krays) gives them a bit more leeway :D What's suits, comedy, drama?

I watched it last night, seen the previous 2 and wasn't impressed, but last nights was promising, probably because they're not relying on legend (ripper/Krays) gives them a bit more leeway :D What's suits, comedy, drama?

Suits = "Comedy Drama" I suppose. Light watching, but I find it entertaining :yes:

After last nights new series started Whitechapel is now also on the list :thumbsup:

Yes that was good, nice idea as well.

Then I turned over and watched the last episode of American Horror Story. Brilliant stuff.

Now just a couple of weeks until Walking Dead II picks up again... :thumbsup:

Yes that was good, nice idea as well.

Then I turned over and watched the last episode of American Horror Story. Brilliant stuff.

Now just a couple of weeks until Walking Dead II picks up again... :thumbsup:

Yep. Can't wait for that.

Bit late in coming to this thread and I don't know whether it's been mentioned but we are curently watching the re-run of "The Shadow Line"

Chilling performances from Stephen Rea and Rafe Spall in particular.

Cleverly constructed, superbly written,full of off-kilter characters and suspenseful from episode to episode.

Bit late in coming to this thread and I don't know whether it's been mentioned but we are curently watching the re-run of "The Shadow Line"

Chilling performances from Stephen Rea and Rafe Spall in particular.

Cleverly constructed, superbly written,full of off-kilter characters and suspenseful from episode to episode.

I watched it first time round Jaco, great piece of tele, what channel is being re-ran on?

I watched it first time round Jaco, great piece of tele, what channel is being re-ran on?

Winnie, it's on the BBC HD channel on Friday night.

All the US shows you're enjoying in the Uk are cable - HBO (boardwalk, thrones) showtime (Dexter, weeds) or AMC (most impressive as it's part of basic cable here, not a premium package)

Mainstream channels here are shockingly bad. Ego's and product placement. Sports is great, everything else sucks.

Wish any channel here could do basic documentaries that draw you in to the characters. The Young Apprentice was a great

example, simple but effective.

2nd series of Walking Dead (won't spoil the second half for you!) is just too slow, and the end episode finale moment is beyond predictable.

This is for Tony Rounce I suspect: go rent a Korean movie called The Yellow Sea, think you"ll r.e.a.l.l.y like it based on your posts here.

Funnily these days can watch more live uk soccer here than did back home. Chelsea - Man U was even on national tv here as a lead-in to the Superbowl, mind-blowing compared to when had to goto Spanish bars even to watch the World Cup

If anyone reading this works for BBC Anerica please go shoot yourself. Current programming includes such "British" shows as Battlestar Galactica. Whaaa?

Bottom line: grew up w 3 channels and always had something to watch, now have 1,000+ and bored, go figure

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.