mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Anyone else been watching Famalam on BBC3?

I love Prince Alyusi the Nigerian philanthropist. 

It's on iPlayer, but beware lots of use of the 'F' word.

Some seriously good stuff on of late ... :yes:

Looking at this list it seems I should have posted a few of these before now , but been too busy watching tele ... :rolleyes:

Current favourite is "Patrick Melrose" , magnificent performances by Benedict Cumberbatch in this very dark offering.

New series of "Bosch" just aired.

Latest season of "Salamander"

New series of "Billions". 

New series of "Westworld".

"Trust" with Donald Sutherland , about the Getty kidnapping.

Latest series of "Marcella".

Latest series of "The Durrells".

New series of "Elementary"

Latest series of "Gotham"

New series of "Insp. Montalbano"

34 minutes ago, daved said:

A Very British Scandal about the Jeremy Thorpe case is very good. Hugh Grant is excellent in it as JT.

Ben Wishaw plays a good supporting role as Norman Scott.

Goliath Season 2 on Amazon Prime.  Darker than the first series.  Billy Bob Thornton is superb in the leading role, and once again he's up against some very unsavoury characters.

1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

Get Shorty on Sky, based on the Elmore Leonard novel and very different to the film......

is o dowd credible? love Elmore Leonard

Just now, Steve S 60 said:

He's good in the role.  Helps that he hasn't had to adopt an American accent.

Just now, Steve S 60 said:

He's good in the role.  Helps that he hasn't had to adopt an American accent.

yeah that would go in his favour

Posted (edited)

Just started on "Yellowstone" with Kevin Costner and the delicious Kelly Reilly , modern day cowboys , indians and cattle barons intermingled with politics , very good thus far .... :thumbup:

Edited by WoodButcher

First shown couple years back but keep going back to recordings of Mr pickles the cartoon demon dog got every episode  ,favourite episode when the bus of nonces turn up in town and end up slaughtered in various ways especially funny the trap the sheriff set for the beasts in the woods .When I first saw Mr pickles I couldn't believe how near to the mark it was and so funny with it,I love family guy and especially the Peter Griffin giant cockerel fight episodes as moderator Lenny D knows very well but somehow Mr pickles made family guy look tame.Still waiting for Vikings to start again on fire stick another one I still watch lots of back episodes on, guess I am quite a backward person really?

Terrace House on Netflix. The Japanese version of Big Brother except everyone is very shy, modest and polite, I find it v. relaxing to watch.

On 12/07/2018 at 18:53, JNixon said:

is o dowd credible? love Elmore Leonard

Wish they'd do a version of 'Stick'

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2011 at 20:37, mike said:

yep that american gothic used to be a must watch

how long ago was that ?

have seen the first few episodes of american horror

all say is I be waiting to see what your views are after the first one

dont think you be disapointed

:wink:

Was that the one with the sheriff and the ghost of the girl who died who appear from time to time ,the sheriff always came up on top with the various characters  round town set in a small southern town,if it is the same it was on yeas back and I used to follow it every week on late at night.

Just looked on you tube American gothic 1995 that's the one,thanks for mentioning it I loved that series now find out full episodes available luveerrly,

2 hours ago, Manusfta said:

Just looked on you tube American gothic 1995 that's the one,thanks for mentioning it I loved that series now find out full episodes available luveerrly,

20+years ago,  doesn't seem that long ago

yeah was a good show 

just read the imbdb on it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/

seems a lot darker than remembered

52 minutes ago, mike said:

20+years ago,  doesn't seem that long ago

yeah was a good show 

just read the imbdb on it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/

seems a lot darker than remembered

Yes dark it was with a great big D, great story lines running through it,I will enjoy looking through the archive stuff on it.

Oh!  Yes as you say Mike twenty years!

On 24/07/2018 at 19:15, El Corol said:

I've been revisiting Phone Shop from the start of the "10s" -  still really funny and I still haven't managed to join the WMRC!

set up by Aswad in 1989 - fabulous idea

Really hate fishing ever since my brother landed a pike and l tried to put it in the keep net and the fooker bit my finger  , but Mortimer and whitehouse go fishing on BBC 2 makes me want to go fishing with them  just for the craic , BLOODY HILARIOUS.👍 👅

2 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Really hate fishing ever since my brother landed a pike and l tried to put it in the keep net and the fooker bit my finger  , but Mortimer and whitehouse go fishing on BBC 2 makes me want to go fishing with them  just for the craic , BLOODY HILARIOUS.👍👅

Not a huge fan of either but the programme was inspired by both having recovered from some serious health issues. Having suffered a serious brain injury myself, and having recovered too,  I will enjoy their recovery. 

Pete 

3 hours ago, RC166 said:

I've started watching La Casa De Papel this week,

fantastic Spanish production,highly recommended 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6468322/

Yes that’s worth a watch my friend. 

Pete

On 26/07/2018 at 19:24, Spain pete said:

Really hate fishing ever since my brother landed a pike and l tried to put it in the keep net and the fooker bit my finger  , but Mortimer and whitehouse go fishing on BBC 2 makes me want to go fishing with them  just for the craic , BLOODY HILARIOUS.👍👅

It really is a great watch.

Lots of my friends and family have been watching it, many do not fish however all enjoyed it. Paul Whitehouse is a decent angler (remember the Fast Show old fisherman sketches?) and Bob Mortimer had rarely fished in the past. Both had heart troubles and are looking for 'inner peace'.  Worth watching for Bob's excitable reactions when he catches fish, alone.

People say to me "oh, fishing must be really boring" however, this show illustrates precisely why it needn't be - you are out in the countryside with a good mate, acting like 5 year olds but with a nice place to stay at the end of the day with a few beers or some nice wine and good food. 

John Bailey, the location consultant for the venues they fish has got it spot on. Some of the most beautiful places in the UK are visited, we really do have stunning countryside. 

On this subject, another excellent series is A Passion For Angling - there are from memory 6 hour long episodes that aired on BBC2 originally. There are some episodes on Youtube. Slightly different, 30 years older and the two fellas are not comedians (they are both well know and very, very good anglers)  but lacking comedy they are not. Quite eccentric in fact but lovable.

If you can't understand why people fish after watching a few of these you simply can't have a soul. A seriously well made program by one of the country's leading wildlife film makers, Hugh Miles. Every aspect is just beautifully executed. 

30 minutes ago, polyvelts said:

That’s the first thing I thought !

I've yet to find out planning a binge in Autumn.  

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:27, JNixon said:

It really is a great watch.

Lots of my friends and family have been watching it, many do not fish however all enjoyed it. Paul Whitehouse is a decent angler (remember the Fast Show old fisherman sketches?) and Bob Mortimer had rarely fished in the past. Both had heart troubles and are looking for 'inner peace'.  Worth watching for Bob's excitable reactions when he catches fish, alone.

People say to me "oh, fishing must be really boring" however, this show illustrates precisely why it needn't be - you are out in the countryside with a good mate, acting like 5 year olds but with a nice place to stay at the end of the day with a few beers or some nice wine and good food. 

John Bailey, the location consultant for the venues they fish has got it spot on. Some of the most beautiful places in the UK are visited, we really do have stunning countryside. 

On this subject, another excellent series is A Passion For Angling - there are from memory 6 hour long episodes that aired on BBC2 originally. There are some episodes on Youtube. Slightly different, 30 years older and the two fellas are not comedians (they are both well know and very, very good anglers)  but lacking comedy they are not. Quite eccentric in fact but lovable.

If you can't understand why people fish after watching a few of these you simply can't have a soul. A seriously well made program by one of the country's leading wildlife film makers, Hugh Miles. Every aspect is just beautifully executed. 

I've yet to find out planning a binge in Autumn.  

I've always thought angling is like looking for records.

You never know what you're gonna get and it could be a "biggie".

As for looking for "inner peace" via angling, not really something I can relate to as I end up with the line up in a tree, the hook in the back of my shirt, and stood balanced on my seat box trying to get enough slack to extricate myself from the mess, whilst assuring passers-by that I know exactly what I'm doing.

On 07/08/2018 at 22:28, WoodButcher said:

"Better Call Saul"  ... Season Four now airing ... :thumbup:

Really enjoying it ! Prefer to breaking bad.

Great Netflix stuff on .

nearly finished ‘the Vietnam war’, highly recommend.

tried ‘lost in space’ thinking I wouldn’t like it but it’s really good.

love ‘Anne with an e’ ! Yes I do have eclectic taste.

great docu. on city of Flint Michigan.

And totally addicted to ‘terrace house’ !!

hardly ever watch terrestrial tv these days

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.