mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

I never watch live tv, but I’ve been staying at my mother-in-law’s, and they are pentionistas and are basically glued to it... ! 

now im frightened to go out because of endless oppressive news bulitins, I’m feeling manipulated by sleazy banking adverts with horses, and I’ve realised I don’t know any of the presenters unless they were on the tv in the eighties and before, yes I’ve been very sheltered! 

However! Standing talll above all the above bullshit, is my newest disctaction ‘The Chase’ ! I just love this show!!!  

Was on Netflix last night watched a great Spanish film from a Basque story called ‘Errementari: the blacksmith and the devil 

well worth watching! 

Season 2 of Patriot is now available. Looks as crazy as the first, with the added bonus of Iranian spies, making it bang up to date with Trump's efforts to get a war going.

anyone catch on Netflix the film "Outlaw King" all  about Robert the Bruce etc 

was looking forward to it as was expecting a really good film

but it just didn't do it for me...

not sure why, anyone feel the same ?

32 minutes ago, mike said:

Yup, watched it over the weekend based on the strength of people's enthusiasm for it. Rather pedestrian, I thought, and lacking in any real sense of passion or intensity in either the plot or the acting. And rather an odd place to conclude the movie, historically speaking. The "Robert the Bruce lived happily ever after" bit at the end completely ignores the reality of the ongoing battle for Scottish independence. Bannockburn, anyone?

Harrowing and virtually unwatchable on BBC 'Doing Money' absolutely horrific true account of a girl abducted and taken into sexual slavery by Eastern Europeans. The heinous animals, beggars belief that anyone can treat another human being in this way, as I say unwatchable, terribly disturbing, certainly educational.

2 hours ago, mike said:

When I saw the trailers I thought "Here we go again, another Braveheart and another call to arms for the Scottish Nationalists."  Probably give it a miss, especially as the latest series of House of Cards is now available.

7 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Harrowing and virtually unwatchable on BBC 'Doing Money' absolutely horrific true account of a girl abducted and taken into sexual slavery by Eastern Europeans. The heinous animals, beggars belief that anyone can treat another human being in this way, as I say unwatchable, terribly disturbing, certainly educational.

And it`s happening in a town/city near us all! So much for free movement eh. When most of the drugs, prostitution, human trafficking etc etc is controlled by Eastern European gangs!

57 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

And it`s happening in a town/city near us all! So much for free movement eh. When most of the drugs, prostitution, human trafficking etc etc is controlled by Eastern European gangs!

serious follow-on discussion like the above is always gonna best suited for this members only forum rather than topics like this

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/137-members-downtown/

cheers

Edited by mike
updated

found the first of the BBCs new series Dynasties great viewing the other nite, recommended👍

Dynasties

Five extraordinary animals, each in a heroic struggle against rivals and against the forces of nature, fighting for their own survival and for the future of their dynasties

In Senegal, west Africa, live a group of chimpanzees led by an alpha male named David. He has already been alpha for three years - a time when leaders here are usually overthrown. To make matters worse, David has no allies - no-one to help him defend his leadership. As the dry season sets in, the group are forced closer together to survive. But David is now surrounded by rivals who all want his crown and are prepared to kill him for it.

David faces brutal battles, has his world engulfed in flames and has to pull off an extraordinary act of deception. In a story of power and politics, can David overcome the threats to his leadership and hold on to the alpha position long enough to sire a possible future heir to his throne?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 08:46, Steve Lane said:

They Shall Not Grow Old  

Last night BBC 2. Utterly breathtaking and very moving video footage from the time. Digitally restored and colourised. It was very harrowing in parts and needs to be shown annually in schools so that kids know that it`s not just about poppies!

It`s on iPlayer for one week, get it watched.

Agreed. It was the best piece of tv I've seen for years. Unimaginable conditions and to think how many simply volunteered for it. The part when they marched into France and turned from black & White into colour with the sound added on was amazing.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:00, mike said:

found the first of the BBCs new series Dynasties great viewing the other nite, recommended👍

Dynasties

Five extraordinary animals, each in a heroic struggle against rivals and against the forces of nature, fighting for their own survival and for the future of their dynasties

In Senegal, west Africa, live a group of chimpanzees led by an alpha male named David. He has already been alpha for three years - a time when leaders here are usually overthrown. To make matters worse, David has no allies - no-one to help him defend his leadership. As the dry season sets in, the group are forced closer together to survive. But David is now surrounded by rivals who all want his crown and are prepared to kill him for it.

David faces brutal battles, has his world engulfed in flames and has to pull off an extraordinary act of deception. In a story of power and politics, can David overcome the threats to his leadership and hold on to the alpha position long enough to sire a possible future heir to his throne?

Yes, brilliant and can`t wait for the next episode. We slag the Beeb off a lot on forums but Sir Dave`s documentaries are always riveting and somewhat necessary viewing in today's world!

12 hours ago, washlively said:

Latest season of Narcos on Netflix does it for me plus any BBC4 music programmes

Agreed. The film about The Damned was hilarious. I also enjoyed The Kinks doc.

On 14/11/2018 at 19:02, Steve Lane said:

Yes, brilliant and can`t wait for the next episode. We slag the Beeb off a lot on forums but Sir Dave`s documentaries are always riveting and somewhat necessary viewing in today's world!

Episode 2 equally harrowing, whatever you come back as I hope it is not an Emperor Penguin.

Just took advantage of Now TV's Black Friday deal for 12 months Sky Cinema and Entertainment (normally £215) for £99. Available for both new and existing customers.  For £106 you can have the same package plus a Now TV stick.  I believe the offer ends on Friday.

After doing 5 series of Power in rapid time, just done the 2 series to date of Ozark. Netflix certainly delivering some pretty cool stuff.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.