mike

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

10 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Hope he's a better actor than a singer!

I read an interview where the guy mentioned that he had 'mastered the Soul genre' with that 'Strickland Banks' lp.

Errm..ok then..

Unfortunately for him he hadn't though, alas.

Its a completely ludicrous 'storyline' and laced with constant cliché. There’s even a bit where he sings about the dark cell within his mind, presumably as he ticks a checkbox marked ‘metaphor’.The whole narrative element of the record is torturously cringeworthy, aiming at coming across as a socially conscious Smokey Robinson but actually ending up closer to 'High School Musical' in my opinion.

The 'Ill Manors' project did receive some pretty positive reviews to be fair though, so maybe I'll give this one a go and watch it at some point.

Can't really comment on the music, I've heard the hit song on the wireless, didn't he have northern soul dancers on the vid? Not my thing at all.

Dunno but his film is... Well dunno how to describe it, it's awful, but good, kinda that 'reality-based' stuff, disturbing insight into what's going on in some pretty bad areas, he isn't actually in it.

All I can really say old chum! :hatsoff2:

Designated Survivor on Netflix.  The premise is that when the POTUS gives his State of the Union speech with all of Congress in attendance, a low level cabinet member is placed in an undisclosed location and should the government get wiped out for whatever reason, this designated survivor becomes the new Commander in Chief.  Guess what?

Kiefer Sutherland plays the Housing and Urban Development Secretary thrust into the top job.  While he's getting to grips with that, the FBI are trying to find out who flattened Capitol Hill.  Good stuff. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.