Mike profile photo

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Posted

I agree Phil, I suppose you've got to be interested in history to enjoy it but its been absolutely brilliant!

Also enjoying Fortitude on Sky Atlantic

Yes Steve,Fortitude.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gotham's coming back  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Forgot to mention Better call Saul.

If you liked Breaking Bad, this is very much in the same vein.  Great stuff.

Also House Of Cards is back - if you know where to look you can download the entire series 3 already.

Still enjoying Banshee but surely the most violent tv series ever.

Revenge and The Good Wife back on sunday, at last.

If you want to know when your favourite series is back on, click here..

http://www.returndates.com/

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Can anyone explain The Casual Vacancy to me please?  :dash2:

Watched Citizen 4 the other night, documentary on Edward Snowden. George Bush and his gang of terrorists have made the world we live in a scary place ! :face:

Edited by Steve Lane

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched Citizen 4 the other night, documentary on Edward Snowden. George Bush and his gang of terrorists have made the world we live in a scary place ! :face:

Can't explain casual vacancy either but we enjoyed it. Weird but good :-)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I sort of enjoyed it but didn`t understand a bit of it :hypo:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Has to be family Guy,the recent episode about the nazi officer in hiding  had me in stitches,it had it all.The fight scene was amazing where resident pervert "Mister herrrrr burrt", donned his ww2 uniform and battled it out with the evil nazi  who had drew Chris to him and along with Chris also had Peter Griffin locked in his basement.You often wonder how the show gets away with so much and then consider that all the swear words get beeped out by fox,crazy.Next most favourite episode lately,Brian dating a blind girl who he discovers hates dogs!.

Edited by manusf3a

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Has to be family Guy,the recent episode about the nazi officer in hiding  had me in stitches,it had it all.The fight scene was amazing where resident pervert "Mister herrrrr burrt", donned his ww2 uniform and battled it out with the evil nazi  who had drew Chris to him and along with Chris also had Peter Griffin locked in his basement.You often wonder how the show gets away with so much and then consider that all the swear words get beeped out by fox,crazy.Next most favourite episode lately,Brian dating a blind girl who he discovers hates dogs!.

I love it, but I am sick of seeing the same episodes over and over again. Giggaddy.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes Steve,Fortitude.

You two have got a lot to answer for. You got me interested in Fortitude, and I have now watched the whole series up to last night.

What the f**k is going on? I have no idea. Can't tell what they are saying half the time, they all seem to be sh*****g each other? 

Can't wait for the next episode.  :lol: 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Casual Vacancy. What didn't you understand? It was very good I thought, with a very sad and unexpected ending. :(

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

You two have got a lot to answer for. You got me interested in Fortitude, and I have now watched the whole series up to last night.

What the f**k is going on? I have no idea. Can't tell what they are saying half the time, they all seem to be sh*****g each other? 

Can't wait for the next episode.  :lol: 

I'm with you on that. I'm still watching because it feels like something really weird is about the happen any moment. If I end up watching the whole series and it doesn't I'm going to put my foot through the TV. :lol:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Forgot to mention Better call Saul.

If you liked Breaking Bad, this is very much in the same vein.  Great stuff.

Also House Of Cards is back - if you know where to look you can download the entire series 3 already.

Still enjoying Banshee but surely the most violent tv series ever.

Revenge and The Good Wife back on sunday, at last.

If you want to know when your favourite series is back on, click here..

http://www.returndates.com/

Better Call Saul is brilliant. Love the way characters from Breaking Bad turn up.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Better Call Saul is brilliant. Love the way characters from Breaking Bad turn up.

I've only remembered one so far, the parking guy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Tuco the drug dealer from BB, is the old Mexican lady's grandson, the same guy who killed his sidekick in the scrapyard and later Hank kills him out at that old man's house (the one with the bell). The guy he was arguing with in the desert when they take out the skaters, the skinny one, is the sidekick he later kills in another argument in the scrapyard. :lol:

I've only remembered one so far, the parking guy

Edited by Matt Male

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just finished watching the first two series of Hannibal - excellent gory stuff.

Also watched :

Series one of Ray Donovan (Netflix) - some great actors in cameos and looking forward to further series.

The Blacklist - up to the most current episode - a little cartoony, but plenty of great twists.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just got round to watching Breaking Bad this week, finished series 1 last night. 

Top entertainment!!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Started watching 'banished' BBC2 Thursdays, quite enjoyed the first episode.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

i don't own a television

here in the USA the idiot box isn't very good

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Anybody else here seen Strange Luck ? Seen most episodes except the last few.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

BBC1 Ordinary Lies. Really enjoying it.  :thumbup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Poldark and Indian Summers. Liking those very much.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Poldark and Indian Summers. Liking those very much.

I'm loving Poldark !!!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes, Poldard is quality viewing.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

New series of Bluestone42 , just as good as the first two ...  :)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

We're just 2 episodes away from the final Mentalist, shames we'll miss it a bit. Last episode of Suits last night, recorded it will watch tonight. Will miss both programs :(  there's some pretty good acting going on there :yes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

We're just 2 episodes away from the final Mentalist, shames we'll miss it a bit. Last episode of Suits last night, recorded it will watch tonight. Will miss both programs :(  there's some pretty good acting going on there :yes:

Last episode of Suits?  Which series are you watching - it's the half series break, back in the summer and then it ends for good.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Last episode of Suits?  Which series are you watching - it's the half series break, back in the summer and then it ends for good.

Oh oh !! Just checked, we're still on Series 2, another 3 series to go :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Oh oh !! Just checked, we're still on Series 2, another 3 series to go :thumbsup:

LOL ah well you're in for a treat, though series one is the best by miles

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

CBS action channel on freeview 64. My god. Relieving my youth. Star trek original series. High chaperal. Spock and his vulcan mind meld. Brilliant. Wife thinks there shit and she may be right but they take me right back to when everything seemed so safe and different in the world.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The Casual vacancy is inexplicable because they have missed out at least half of the characters and several plot lines, I struggled and I have read the book...

Caught "Raised by wolves" the other night - excellent viewing - and how much tv is set in Wolverhampton? Must be doing wonders for tourism in the area!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Looking forward to Newzoids on ITV, which is a latter day Spitting Image.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched half of Vera tonight. Utter, plodding rubbish. It may as well have been on the radio, all exposition and slow gathering of evidence, which leads nowhere. Crap.

Now I know why I only watch American dramas.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Watched half of Vera tonight. Utter, plodding rubbish. It may as well have been on the radio, all exposition and slow gathering of evidence, which leads nowhere. Crap.

Now I know why I only watch American dramas.

She lives in a dirty scruffy old house in the middle of nowhere and gets pi**ed every night on whiskey, bit far fetched :wicked:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I have wasted half my life watching Fortitude. What the **** was that all about? I thought the last episode would tie up all the loose ends. Bastards are just going to carry on with a new series.

Well I won't be watching. 

Mr. Angry of Barnoldswick.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I have wasted half my life watching Fortitude. What the **** was that all about? I thought the last episode would tie up all the loose ends. Bastards are just going to carry on with a new series.

Well I won't be watching. 

Mr. Angry of Barnoldswick.

Dear Mr Angry,

Sounds like you don't have the fortitude to sit through another series.  Never mind, the fifth series of Game of Thrones starts tonight.  Don't know how many more series they've got planned, but if like myself you've read the books, you'll be used to loose ends.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Longmire back on TCM last night. A very different kind of American cop show well worth taking a look at.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dear Mr Angry,

Sounds like you don't have the fortitude to sit through another series.  Never mind, the fifth series of Game of Thrones starts tonight.  Don't know how many more series they've got planned, but if like myself you've read the books, you'll be used to loose ends.

No mate, not for me. Same thing happened with "The Killing" it never ends. I need closure.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

TV heaven tonight:

football

then

Revenge

The Good Wife

Mad Men (last episodes ever)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Better Call Saul, is the best thing for quite a while. I dropped Fortitude after about 7/8 episodes and I certainly won't be persuing it again. Fargo was one I watched on the planes out to the Far East and back, very very well written, produced and acted I would say. Martin Freeman was simply outstanding.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Code of a Killer on ITV was really excellent. John Simm and David Threlfall were both terrific.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hostages on BBC4

an Israeli based political drama/thriller. 10 episodes, 40mims each in length. Well worth the time.

Also, Fortitude on Sky 1 - similar I'll to the Killing/Borgan but with an element of... the returned, if anyone saw that on C4 back in 2013.

Similar vibe, I'm reluctant to say Sc-fi because it's not...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hostages on BBC4

an Israeli based political drama/thriller. 10 episodes, 40mims each in length. Well worth the time.

Also, Fortitude on Sky 1 - similar I'll to the Killing/Borgan but with an element of... the returned, if anyone saw that on C4 back in 2013.

Similar vibe, I'm reluctant to say Sc-fi because it's not...

See post 1335

What a waste of life.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

See post 1335

What a waste of life.

Ha!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

TV heaven tonight:

football

then

Revenge

The Good Wife

Mad Men (last episodes ever)

Mad Men is back. I've really grown to love this. It's the final series and if the first episode is anything to go by, it doesn't look as if it'll be a happy ending for Don. For me, it's one of the best programmes I've seen.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Mad Men is back. I've really grown to love this. It's the final series and if the first episode is anything to go by, it doesn't look as if it'll be a happy ending for Don. For me, it's one of the best programmes I've seen.

It's too slow for a lot of people but I suggest watching the entire lot in one go, well one after another, you'll get right into it.  And the clothes, the design, fabulous stuff

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

BBC1 Ordinary Lies. Really enjoying it.  :thumbup:

Could not agree more all episodes has been very well made,  nail biting and just brilliant!   :)  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Could not agree more all episodes has been very well made,  nail biting and just brilliant!   :)  

I agree with the exception of last week's episode, which I though was daft but it was back on track last night.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Happy Valley is being repeated on BBC3, starting this Saturday.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Happy Valley is being repeated on BBC3, starting this Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up, missed it first time.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Show us your great photos (2020)
    Freebasing by Amsterdam Russ on Wed 01 Jan 2020
    • 205 / 4586
    • Amsterdam Russ on 18 Feb 2020
  2. Your First All-Nighter..where & When
    Northern Soul Days by Guest on Sat 23 Jan 2010
    • 241 / 23148
    • Reissue55 on 17 Feb 2020
  3. Avons - Push a little harder - MUST HAVE PICTURE COVER
    Record Wants by Windlesoul on Sat 15 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 90
    • Windlesoul on 15 Feb 2020
  4. LEWIS CLARK (I Need Your Lovin So Bad) TIGERTOWN
    Record Sales by Joesoul1958 on Fri 14 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 293
    • Joesoul1958 on 14 Feb 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.