Mike's profile photo

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Freebasing Mike

Posted
10 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Hope he's a better actor than a singer!

I read an interview where the guy mentioned that he had 'mastered the Soul genre' with that 'Strickland Banks' lp.

Errm..ok then..

Unfortunately for him he hadn't though, alas.

Its a completely ludicrous 'storyline' and laced with constant cliché. There’s even a bit where he sings about the dark cell within his mind, presumably as he ticks a checkbox marked ‘metaphor’.The whole narrative element of the record is torturously cringeworthy, aiming at coming across as a socially conscious Smokey Robinson but actually ending up closer to 'High School Musical' in my opinion.

The 'Ill Manors' project did receive some pretty positive reviews to be fair though, so maybe I'll give this one a go and watch it at some point.

Can't really comment on the music, I've heard the hit song on the wireless, didn't he have northern soul dancers on the vid? Not my thing at all.

Dunno but his film is... Well dunno how to describe it, it's awful, but good, kinda that 'reality-based' stuff, disturbing insight into what's going on in some pretty bad areas, he isn't actually in it.

All I can really say old chum! :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Designated Survivor on Netflix.  The premise is that when the POTUS gives his State of the Union speech with all of Congress in attendance, a low level cabinet member is placed in an undisclosed location and should the government get wiped out for whatever reason, this designated survivor becomes the new Commander in Chief.  Guess what?

Kiefer Sutherland plays the Housing and Urban Development Secretary thrust into the top job.  While he's getting to grips with that, the FBI are trying to find out who flattened Capitol Hill.  Good stuff. 

soul source url
Posted

Series 2 of Tin Star started nicely...

soul source url
Posted (edited)

OK, so not really TV but I've been watching 'Dust Channel' Science Fiction short films on Youtube. I was most surprised when I came across this one about the dangers of having an 'Alexa' type box at home.

You might find the choice of soundtrack interesting...

Its called 'Bad Peter' if you want to look it up without the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-r1KvdndV0&has_verified=1

Edited by grouse
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, grouse said:

OK, so not really TV but I've been watching 'Dust Channel' Science Fiction short films on Youtube. I was most surprised when I came across this one about the dangers of having an 'Alexa' type box at home.

Hopefully it's just a coincidence that there had been 666 comments when I accessed it.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, grouse said:

I liked it

An underrated comedy series is Chewing Gum,lots of laughs

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5097050/

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

I've just finished watching Greyzone on Channel 4 Walter presents & it's had me gripped from beginning to end! Some really good stuff on Walter presents if you don't mind subtitles - deffo gets a thumbs up from me! 👍👍👍

soul source url
Posted

Crimson River another Walter Presents on C4 boxsets 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, Ahoy Sailor said:

Watching that too - some good stuff on Walter presents 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Ahoy Sailor said:

...and on More 4 on a Friday evening.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

'Trapped' the Icelandic series on BBC4 is pretty good.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
18 hours ago, Missing Link said:

What an opening scene 

On 23/02/2019 at 15:36, Kathryn Magson said:

Watching that too - some good stuff on Walter presents 

Definitely- my go to for boxsets

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On 23/02/2019 at 22:34, Missing Link said:

Yep, thats a great show.

soul source url
Posted

back to the bbc

a good start...

soul source url
Posted

Wayne

the best thing I've seen in the last few months,

very interesting characters,highly recommended

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7765404/

soul source url
Posted

Not sure I understand all of the critical acclaim being given to the new Alan Partridge show on the Beeb; I know it is a parody of the One Show but for me it was a 30 min borefest. Is it just me?

soul source url
Posted
54 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Not sure I understand all of the critical acclaim being given to the new Alan Partridge show on the Beeb; I know it is a parody of the One Show but for me it was a 30 min borefest. Is it just me?

still to watch it but did you like the original show? 

soul source url
Posted
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:44, Soulfusion said:

It was nowhere as good as the previous series but there were two very funny LOL moments 

soul source url
Posted

Series 2 of Belgian crime drama Professor T is our current fave watch. The eponymous character is a genius criminologist, but is also very high in the autism spectrum. The show treats his autism in a comic fashion, which adds a very light touch to something that could otherwise be bogged down in a boring cop show about one man's mental problems. When it comes to music, the preferred format for our obsessive-compulsive professor is vinyl. 

1890572484_ProfessorT.jpg.56ed6f526f0dae20273828c8541bf1ce.jpg

Another Belgian drama that comes with a high recommendation from us is Chausee D'Amour (Highway of Love), which centres on the characters in a brothel in a parochial red light district in that country.

chausseedamour.thumb.jpg.8f0a06e4c24ed761211912b0723f549e.jpg

A show we've just finished watching is spooky French drama Zone Blanche (oddly translated in English as Black Spot). Set in a small community in the heart of deepest and wildy forested France, that's also recommended. There's even mention of all-nighters, but they're definitely not talking about their local soul club!

1296241541_Anighter-1.thumb.png.1d0e5e3aceec6325613357f007de62ac.png

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Series 2 of Belgian crime drama Professor T is our current fave watch. The eponymous character is a genius criminologist, but is also very high in the autism spectrum. The show treats his autism in a comic fashion, which adds a very light touch to something that could otherwise be bogged down in a boring cop show about one man's mental problems. When it comes to music, the preferred format for our obsessive-compulsive professor is vinyl. 

Hopefully we'll get that from Walter Russ, enjoyed the first series .

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Just finished watching Innocent Man on Netflix, brilliant documentary about small town America's corrupt judicial system, powerful and thought provoking not forgetting that it makes you rage knowing that there are many, many innocent people incarcerated - some on Death Row.

soul source url
Posted

Trapped is first class. A bit slow yet absorbing.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Partridge has been utterly superb, in my view, though I am a fan. 

Opener was a warm up really but the second show with the live unveiling via social media of the deceased presenter's "handsiness" with female members of the public and the live on air turnaround of the other presenters as their loving comments turn toxic in the blink of an eye, was class. 

BBC presenters gushing at how great the man was, revealing how the holidayed with him, shot down seconds later by the toxic hands of an old school nonce presenter. 

As ever, the arse clenchingly embarassing Partridgeisms flow. He seems to have picked up a rolling rrr sound which comes up every 5 mins. 

I watched the second episode with a non Partridge fan who was roaring with laughter so if you are not a fan give it a try. It might make you giggle for 20 mins. 

soul source url
Posted

On another note, the very lovely Vicky McClure is back in 'The Line of Duty'.

Last series was compulsive.

soul source url
Posted

After Life on Netflix,

also re-watching GOT before season 8

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, shufflin said:

After Life on Netflix,

also re-watching GOT before season 8

Probably need to watch season 7 again since It's been that long.

soul source url
Posted

watch I am the night on netflix true story 1950's america very dark very good and compelling  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7186588/

soul source url
Posted

'line of duty' returned last night

all a bit deja vu for me but have to say still enjoyable and entertaining

whats the view out there on its return?

soul source url
Posted

That is Sunday evenings sorted for the next few weeks. Been looking forward to the return of Line Of Duty for some weeks now. Never fails to disappoint; one question though when did Kate become a DI and did we know she was married with a young son?

soul source url
Posted

Warrior on Nextflix  - Danish cop thing, really good - rinsed all episodes at the weekend

soul source url
Posted

American Gods season 2 (at last!).

Also currently watching season 2 of The OA on Netflix. Not as interesting or as inspired as the first season, but plenty of episodes to go yet.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

American Gods season 2 (at last!).

Also currently watching season 2 of The OA on Netflix. Not as interesting or as inspired as the first season, but plenty of episodes to go yet.

American Gods, worth a watch then Russ?

soul source url
Posted
23 minutes ago, Dave Girdwood said:

American Gods, worth a watch then Russ?

Absolutely, Dave. It's imaginative, original and very entertaining. Definitely a thumbs up from me. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Race Across The World . 

Having spent a lot of my teens and 20’s hitch - hiking  .. I loved this series of where and how different couples travelled from point A to point B ... great viewing 

32CD123D-F9A4-4DBD-B3B5-BADFB565D17B.jpeg

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, mike said:

'line of duty' returned last night

all a bit deja vu for me but have to say still enjoyable and entertaining

whats the view out there on its return?

Helps if you've seen previous series and have a list of acronyms to hand.  I'm assuming Ted Hastings is running Lisa McQueen unbeknown to his team, so he knows more about the undercover operation than he's letting on.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Helps if you've seen previous series and have a list of acronyms to hand.  I'm assuming Ted Hastings is running Lisa McQueen unbeknown to his team, so he knows more about the undercover operation than he's letting on.

It helps if you can even REMEMBER what happened in the previous series Steve...………..I think the programme's fab but I struggle to remember what happened in it last week, never mind what happened last year...…...🤣🤣🤣

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Line of duty is darn good. Really well put together, well scripted and very well acted. Sure, there are some stretches in plot but that is to be expected.

I thought the first episode of the new series was terrific.  

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Line of Duty.  Should Steve trust UCO John Corbett?  The Scouse accent doesn't help.

soul source url
Posted

end of fleabag last nite - thought was a enjoyable second series 

for info if you are not aware, the same person behind it and who plays the  main role is also the main person behind this other BBC series

which the new series two has just started showing in the Usa on BBC America

soul source url
Posted

Jody Comer, a frighteningly good actress, she made the 1st series, and what a unique writing talent Phoebe Waller Bridge is. Can`t wait for series 2.

As for Fleebag, i`ve recorded the whole series but not watched any of it yet. 1st series was brilliant!

On 08/04/2019 at 10:08, Steve S 60 said:

Line of Duty.  Should Steve trust UCO John Corbett?  The Scouse accent doesn't help.

He`ll have the wheels off his wheelchair!

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Parks and Recreation is doing it for me of late.

soul source url
Posted

Watching GBM featuring Northern Sole (music) dish without any sole or soul tbh Wx 

soul source url
Posted

I`ve been watching HOME. About an asylum seeker who a family, unbeknown to them smuggles into the country. Very good and so funny.

soul source url
Posted

Yeah me too - have you watched all 6 episodes yet? No spoiler alert if you haven’t 🤭

soul source url
Posted

Not seen the last one yet, I think it finishes next week.

soul source url
Posted

I downloaded the box set yesterday and blitzed it - very funny and utterly non PC Wx

soul source url
Posted

I`m still watching PURE. Seen the 1st 3 or 4 but there`s been so much good drama on lately i`ve put it on the back burner.

Great original TV comedy.

soul source url
Posted

Box set that too and not got round to it yet  - another original good (old now) was Raised by Wolves Rebekah Staton Helen Monks and Philip Jackson made me howl! 🤭😉Wx

soul source url
Posted

Guessing Pure has a similar vibe to Fleabag - series 1&2 utterly wonderful! Wx

soul source url
Posted

Fleebag I have recorded but not watched yet. 

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.