Mike profile photo

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Posted (edited)

Line of Duty SPOILER ALERT.  Only read if you've watched the last episode.

Hard to believe that Gill Biggeloe got off so lightly, and hasn't been made to give up the final "bent" copper.  I suppose there wouldn't be a Season 6 if she had.

PS Why didn't Dot just hold four fingers up?

Edited by Steve S 60

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

If you're into GOT then don't miss S08 E04 if you want some Stark reality after last weeks epic surreal battle.  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Death of a Dragon .

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Death of a Dragon .

 

and more

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Line of Duty SPOILER ALERT.  Only read if you've watched the last episode.

Hard to believe that Gill Biggeloe got off so lightly, and hasn't been made to give up the final "bent" copper.  I suppose there wouldn't be a Season 6 if she had.

PS Why didn't Dot just hold four fingers up?

Spoiler alert!  After some research and deep cover detective work I can now reveal the identity of H

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a9c131daf0de5159a6c3d359444848b3.jpg

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

What a disappointment that was,six hours of my life im never gettin back,concluding with the morse code message

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted

On the buses rules Ok😜

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I'll get you Butler 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted
1 minute ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

I'll get you Butler 

 

It's.   l hate you butler 😬

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Definite feeling of anticlimax with LoD finale. I thought the series lost its way once Ted was suspected of being H. That just wasn't on, though the silly old sod didn't exactly help himself. For an experienced, high ranking officer he managed to put himself into an awful lot of incriminating situations.

Still, it sets up series 6.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

No doubt Gill Biggeloe will be killed in opening episode of Series 6 confirming suspicion of further corruption between police and organised crime.

Would have been better to have had a clean end to this story arc then start a new one for future series otherwise it does run the risk of becoming a little meh! 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 30/04/2019 at 20:23, TattooDave said:

And my theory is that Arya will kill Ilyn Payne and use his face to get close to Cersei, and when ready to kill her will speak, the shock on Cersei's face will be heavenly, or at least that's how I'd do it.

Now that Arya is heading south with the Hound, I suspect that scenario is quite likely.  The Hound still has a score to settle with the Mountain.  Yara Greyjoy will probably catch up with her uncle Euron and decimate his fleet.  Bronn will help Tyrion turn the Golden Company against Cersei.  Sansa and Brienne will lead the armies of the north to aid Daenerys and Jon.  Plenty more twists and turns to come.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:27, Dave Girdwood said:

77A82254-032F-4879-894E-BDF9A8C92055.jpeg

Lawful Duty has got to br in there too.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, daved said:

Lawful Duty has got to br in there too.

and maybe 'Preservation of life'.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Now that Arya is heading south with the Hound, I suspect that scenario is quite likely.  The Hound still has a score to settle with the Mountain.  Yara Greyjoy will probably catch up with her uncle Euron and decimate his fleet.  Bronn will help Tyrion turn the Golden Company against Cersei.  Sansa and Brienne will lead the armies of the north to aid Daenerys and Jon.  Plenty more twists and turns to come.

I think there's some unexpected twists and turns to come yet, I'm going to miss it when it finishes.  

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I think there's some unexpected twists and turns to come yet, I'm going to miss it when it finishes.  

I hope the ending lives up to expectations.  I read all the books before the TV series started, but it's been uncharted territory for the last three seasons.  Mr Martin probably earned more from his work on the TV series and the sale of the rights than he would if he'd finished the books.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

I hope the ending lives up to expectations.  I read all the books before the TV series started, but it's been uncharted territory for the last three seasons.  Mr Martin probably earned more from his work on the TV series and the sale of the rights than he would if he'd finished the books.

I'm sure he doesn't have the impetus to finish speedily now, he's very wealthy from the TV series.  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bother. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I'm sure he doesn't have the impetus to finish speedily now, he's very wealthy from the TV series.  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bother. 

Not much point now as everybody has watched the TV series.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The new HBO Mini-series "Chernobyl" started this week , opening episode was a pretty traumatic watch and I'd guess it's not going to get easier .(and nor should it) 

Great cast and very well executed , a true "Must Watch" in my book ... :yes:

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
18 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

The new HBO Mini-series "Chernobyl" started this week , opening episode was a pretty traumatic watch and I'd guess it's not going to get easier .(and nor should it) 

Great cast and very well executed , a true "Must Watch" in my book ... :yes:

I have the 1st episode downloaded already and can`t wait to watch it all in one shot!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Episode 5 of GOT is well worth a watch, the penultimate episode starts to dwindle down the main characters.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 13/05/2019 at 09:31, TattooDave said:

Episode 5 of GOT is well worth a watch, the penultimate episode starts to dwindle down the main characters.

Would have preferred it if Cersei had come to a more grisly end.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Is she Dead . Or buried alive ? 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Is she Dead . Or buried alive ? 

That was my thought when I watched it we haven’t seen the dead body.

 

the writers have commented online that she is dead so she probably is.

 

who will kill daenny in last episode that was her loosing the plot completely.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Would have preferred it if Cersei had come to a more grisly end.

me too, in fact I would have loved to have been cast and done it myself, I have a long beard.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, dylan said:

That was my thought when I watched it we haven’t seen the dead body.

 

the writers have commented online that she is dead so she probably is.

 

who will kill daenny in last episode that was her loosing the plot completely.

Pick a straw, there are a few contenders, I'm thinking Arya as the mad queen has green eyes

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Pick a straw, there are a few contenders, I'm thinking Arya as the mad queen has green eyes

Was there a previous quote something like 

 

"death rides a white horse"

 

i do feel as if its racing to the end this could all have been spread out over more episodes.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dylan said:

Was there a previous quote something like 

 

"death rides a white horse"

 

i do feel as if its racing to the end this could all have been spread out over more episodes.

It's from the bible, the book of Revelations, "Death rides a pale horse" and refers to the four horsemen of the apocalypse as far as I can recall.  I could be making it up for all I know, I can remember where I live on a good day, Spain.

However, it appears a white horse has a quote also, which is about the army of god or some such.  I was always told there's no such thing as a white horse, and they were just very pale greys, but then I guess it depends on who told me as a lot of what my teachers told me has been garbage, and I've read a lot of rubbish too.

Edited by TattooDave
mind lapse

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
Just now, TattooDave said:

It's from the bible, the book of Revelations, "Death rides a pale horse" and refers to the four horsemen of the apocalypse as far as I can recall.  I could be making it up for all I know, I can remember where I live on a good day, Spain.

Yes it is its all over google and lots of links between that quote and what happened on GOT

 

aside drom dany are the any real bad guys left ? I considered her one of the good guys until the last episode but not too suprised with what she did.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, dylan said:

Yes it is its all over google and lots of links between that quote and what happened on GOT

 

aside drom dany are the any real bad guys left ? I considered her one of the good guys until the last episode but not too suprised with what she did.

I can't think of any, but who knows what twists and turns await.  I now have a good idea where Burnt Umber got it's name from though, titter.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I can't think of any, but who knows what twists and turns await.  I now have a good idea where Burnt Umber got it's name from though, titter.

I thought Bronn would have made an appearance, so they must be saving him for the finale.

As for a pale horse, Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider and Tommy Shelby in Peaky Blinders spring to mind.

Edited by Steve S 60
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

I thought Bronn would have made an appearance, so they must be saving him for the finale.

As for a pale horse, Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider and Tommy Shelby in Peaky Blinders spring to mind.

I'm hoping Bronn'll come to a sticky end after inflicting "Unchained Melody" on us, but who knows, he may sit on the Iron Throne at the end.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

My bet is arya to kill the Dragon queen in last episode she saw first hand what the Dragon queen did and one or the other of them is ending up dead.

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Expect she'll turn her Dragon northwards, to get even with sour puss back stabbing Sansa (who all the rumours seem to be saying will end up sitting on the throne at the end. I hope not, never liked her character, but with no obvious love interest available to John Snow if Dany dies I could see him doing the "I'm off to live beyond the wall" and passing the throne on to Sansa)
I'm just hoping they immediately make the books he set earlier (Hedge Knight) into a prequel series. Much smaller scale, but not sure I think GOT has improved once they got into all this massive scale stuff

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Am I the only one deeply dissatisfied that Dany lost the plot?  It just seemed too far fetched and turned something I loved into something I'm not sure about now!!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
18 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

Am I the only one deeply dissatisfied that Dany lost the plot?  It just seemed too far fetched and turned something I loved into something I'm not sure about now!!

She's always had a sadistic streak, and madness does run in the family.  She wasn't too bothered when her brother had his head boiled in molten gold, and she dealt out some harsh punishment to many who got in her way.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Soulman58 said:

Am I the only one deeply dissatisfied that Dany lost the plot?  It just seemed too far fetched and turned something I loved into something I'm not sure about now!!

Yep me as well, all a bit  too much of a character shift/change for me

If going to do stuff like that then at least build it up to be believable, if you haven't got the time to do so then why do it?

Then there's stuff such as the 'was Varis trying to poison her' question, which all seemed a bit vague and unclear and never fully resolved

Real world wise read that there were 5000+ children named after her in the usa...!

Last one sunday, any more predictions...?

 

 

Edited by Mike

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Thought it was epic GOT . Bitch deserved to be fed the dragon . 

Always next week cant wait . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Thought it was epic GOT . Bitch deserved to be fed the dragon

Always next week cant wait . 

whats that mean ?

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Cerci Evil bitch . Deserved to be eaten alive by the Dragon. Killed off by pile of bricks . 

Still on to next week . Iron King v Dragon Queen . Next week cant wait   . Thought GOT was epic   

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
41 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Cerci Evil bitch . Deserved to be eaten alive by the Dragon. Killed off by pile of bricks . 

Still on to next week . Iron King v Dragon Queen . Next week cant wait   . Thought GOT was epic   

ahh... yep got ya now

yeah her demise was a bit of a letdown, as you say onto next week

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

There is now an online petition on Change.org to get Game of Thrones Season 8 remade using "competent" writers.  Over 300,000 signatures at the moment.  Whatever next?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

great tv show, this just popped up on youtube pissed myself laughing - dogs and northern soul...

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Well did say in GOT that the building collapse

Need not be end . Reading a transcript.  It appears King Slayer survived . No mention of Cersi . Be interesting to see how it pans out on Monday . Power vacuum. 

What to watch in place . Handmaid's tale has been bit slow   picking up as develops .

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The leak plot of the final episode of GOT is not entirely off mark, quite a difficult episode to watch having invested so much time in the characters, quite a few unfinished stories, but nice to have closure on a couple of things.  It's worth a watch.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The new 6 part adaptation of "Catch 22" is a superb piece of work ... :yes:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
Just now, WoodButcher said:

The new 6 part adaptation of "Catch 22" is a superb piece of work ... :yes:

Which channel is that on ?

 

sounds good.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 20/05/2019 at 09:13, TattooDave said:

The leak plot of the final episode of GOT is not entirely off mark, quite a difficult episode to watch having invested so much time in the characters, quite a few unfinished stories, but nice to have closure on a couple of things.  It's worth a watch.

Something as good as GOT was always going to be difficult to end.

 

it felt a bit rushed at times but over the 8 seasons it has been superb.

 

and a few opportunities for follow on stories if somebody chooses to.  But i cant imagine them catching the magic of the original show again.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, dylan said:

....and a few opportunities for follow on stories if somebody chooses to.  But i cant imagine them catching the magic of the original show again.

Aren't they already working on the prequel?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
Just now, Steve S 60 said:

Aren't they already working on the prequel?

Yes i think you are right but i was thinking there are a few story lines that could also continue into the future.

 

jon snow and the dothraki have bad blood.

 

arya going off exploring etc etc

Share this forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Post Your Current 5 Favorites
    Look At Your Box by Kevin J on Fri 04 Aug 2006
    • 59 / 3206
    • on 11 Aug 2006
  2. 'big' Artists In Your Play/current Faves Box
    Look At Your Box by Harrogatesoul on Wed 24 Oct 2007
    • 19 / 1443
    • Simon M on 30 Oct 2007
  3. Tell Me Your Top Tunes! Current Or All Time
    Look At Your Box by Guest greentangerine on Mon 24 Aug 2009
    • 14 / 754
    • samplat on 25 Aug 2009
  4. Current Value Please. Young Brothers, Whats Your Game
    Look At Your Box by Suinoz on Fri 03 Feb 2012
    • 8 / 1401
    • Marc Forrest on 03 Feb 2012
  5. Your Current Top Two
    All About the SOUL by Premium Stuff on Sat 13 Apr 2013
    • 35 / 2030
    • mickjay33 on 15 Apr 2013
  6. Jimmie Raye "you Must Be Loosing Your Mind" Mp3 Wanted
    Record Wants by Docfish on Wed 21 Sep 2005
    • 1 / 510
    • docfish on 21 Sep 2005

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.