Mike's profile photo

Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Freebasing Mike

Posted
6 minutes ago, dylan said:

Which channel is that on ?

Not sure , can't tell you where I'm watching it or I'll get bollocked by the powers that be , not hard to find though.

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
Just now, WoodButcher said:

Not sure , can't tell you where I'm watching it or I'll get bollocked by the powers that be , not hard to find though.

I should be able to find it.

i red the book years ago and enjoyed it.  I never managed to finish the follow up where they are all much older.

soul source url
Posted

I started reading the book in April '82 on the train to Paris to see The Jam , never got past the first couple of chapters despite numerous attempts over the years , probably the only book I've picked up and never finished in my 57 years ... :rolleyes:

soul source url
Posted

As for "GOT" , loved every episode apart from that finale that came and went like a dull damp Wednesday.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, dylan said:

Yes i think you are right but i was thinking there are a few story lines that could also continue into the future.

jon snow and the dothraki have bad blood.

arya going off exploring etc etc

There's plenty of scope for more spin-offs, but I reckon their success would rely heavily on who's involved in the writing.  Martin couldn't be bothered to finish the original books, more content to play an advisory role in the television series.  Probably hasn't got another book in him.  Benioff and Weiss have taken a lot of flak for the last two seasons, especially the final season.  Many, myself included, will always feel it could have ended a lot better, although I won't be signing any petitions.

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

There's plenty of scope for more spin-offs, but I reckon their success would rely heavily on who's involved in the writing.  Martin couldn't be bothered to finish the original books, more content to play an advisory role in the television series.  Probably hasn't got another book in him.  Benioff and Weiss have taken a lot of flak for the last two seasons, especially the final season.  Many, myself included, will always feel it could have ended a lot better, although I won't be signing any petitions.

Its probably best left now.

i will no doubt what the prequel but dont think i will enjoy it anywhere near as much as the actual series.

soul source url
Posted

For fans of Sci-fi, The Expanse is a good watch.  I think it started out on the Syfy channel, but Amazon picked it up and have commissioned a fourth season.  Set 200 years in the future, Mars has been colonised, and is now an independent state.  An uneasy peace exists between Earth and Mars, with those living on the asteroid belts caught up in the middle.  The discovery of some alien sh*t is about to change everything.

soul source url
Posted
35 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

For fans of Sci-fi, The Expanse is a good watch.  I think it started out on the Syfy channel, but Amazon picked it up and have commissioned a fourth season.  Set 200 years in the future, Mars has been colonised, and is now an independent state.  An uneasy peace exists between Earth and Mars, with those living on the asteroid belts caught up in the middle.  The discovery of some alien sh*t is about to change everything.

Has brexit been resolved ?

soul source url
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, dylan said:

Has brexit been resolved ?

It was the remainers who were sent to colonise Mars.  In space, no-one can hear you moan.

Edited by Steve S 60
  • Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

This Thursday on Channel 4 at 9pm . 

If you missed this at the cinema and then also when it was shown on Nat Geographic , it’s now on terrestrial .

I know that pushing my limits now , is trying to last the whole length of Soul Brothers Six on the dance floor these days .. but this guy take risk and adrenaline to new heights ( excuse the pun ). 

Ive climbed the bottom 4 pitches of this climb and spent 8 weeks in Camp 6 doing various stuff in Yosemite . What this guy has done has not just rewritten the climbing rule book , he’s torn it up and thrown it away.

Breathtaking . 

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Stevegods said:

If you missed this at the cinema and then also when it was shown on Nat Geographic , it’s now on terrestrial .

I know that pushing my limits now , is trying to last the whole length of Soul Brothers Six on the dance floor these days .. but this guy take risk and adrenaline to new heights ( excuse the pun ). 

Ive climbed the bottom 4 pitches of this climb and spent 8 weeks in Camp 6 doing various stuff in Yosemite . What this guy has done has not just rewritten the climbing rule book , he’s torn it up and thrown it away.

Breathtaking . 

I would watch it if I had a head for heights, but I can't even play Minecraft in case I fall.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On 21/05/2019 at 14:14, Steve S 60 said:

He know says he wants to write another as he wasn't happy with the ending!!!

soul source url
Posted

First two episodes of this were amusing

There's also an earlier film you can get on Amazon Prime.

soul source url
Posted

Well it's that time of the year. There's only one thing to tune in to. 

Springwatch 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On 23/05/2019 at 20:51, Soulman58 said:

He know says he wants to write another as he wasn't happy with the ending!!!

can you provide a link to where he says this please?

soul source url
Posted
On 22/05/2019 at 08:28, Stevegods said:

Breathtaking . 

I saw this last year on national geographic, I’ve stood at the foot of el cap that were enough for me ! When he performs the karate kick manoeuvre I still cringe and my toes grab the carpet no matter how many times I watch it , one truly remarkable dude is Alex. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Currently watching American soul ,the Don Cornelius Soul Train story , pretty damn good, produced by Dons son too . On the B.E.T channel.

Edited by Colnago

soul source url
Posted

Watching Chicago Fire boxset for pure mind numbing entertainment before switching back to something a little darker

soul source url
Posted

Anyone watching Chernobyl? 

WOW!  We could have killed about a third of this planet and made it uninhabitable for ever.  It really makes you wonder why the F*** we ever got involved with nuclear power, something that we still know very little about and have no real control of.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
47 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

WOW!  We could have killed about a third of this planet and made it uninhabitable for ever.  It really makes you wonder why the F*** we ever got involved with nuclear power, something that we still know very little about and have no real control of.

Got plans to watch this , looks good 

soul source url
Posted

it`s astonishingly good and very realistic but also very graphic!

I downloaded the 1st 3 episodes and we watched them back to back, just got episode 4 today so that`s tonight sorted along with the last one of Killing Eve series 2

• Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
On 21/05/2019 at 13:56, dylan said:

Which channel is that on ?

sounds good.

Coming soon on Channel 4 ... :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted
11 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Coming soon on Channel 4 ... :thumbsup:

Thanks will watch that.

the Chernobyl discussed above is excellent as was free solo.

glad I knew before I watched it that he survived the climb.

not sure I could have watched not knowing the outcome I was getting sweaty palms as it was.

there are a couple of other older free solo climb documentaries on Netflix I will watch now as well.

unbelievable what he did phenomenal.

soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Thanks will watch that.

not sure I could have watched not knowing the outcome I was getting sweaty palms as it was.

there are a couple of other older free solo climb documentaries on Netflix I will watch now as well.

Not sure if it’s on Netflix or amazon , but there’s another mountaineering documentary called ‘meru’ which is also fantastic with Jimmy chin , he’s the mountaineer that did the camera work on free solo . Meru was done with rope as it’s covered in snow and ice , but the doc also shows the training and mental preparations required etc . It is superb .

Edited by Colnago

soul source url
Posted
On 28/05/2019 at 20:51, Dylan said:

Thanks will watch that.

Watching it with interest . Can remember when we were notified of it happening . Scientists were checking run off from sludge tanks and other areas . As atmosphere winds were blowing the Radiation over North Sea . Was supposed to be impossible to happen . Makes you think about our Nuke Power Stations .

In surrounding area Water chanels from the Dam high levels of Radiation persist.  Though Catfish caught by Dr Jeremy Wade showed no sign of Radiation. 

Neither was any fish caught with 3 heads .

Water it seems has more power than imagined 

soul source url
Posted
On 28/05/2019 at 12:40, Steve Lane said:

Watched the first two episodes last night.  The sheer arrogance of those in charge was breathtaking.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

No Mutation.  Seemingly un-contaminated .

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Actual footage from site .

Showing Radiation levels etc 

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

I think the firemen who went in to turn on the water lived a long time and one was found by a journalist as late as 2016.  I was amazed when I read this as assumed they would have died very quickly.

the miners didn’t do as well.

fits in with the water theory.

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Watched the first two episodes last night.  The sheer arrogance of those in charge was breathtaking.

Yes it was and the refusal to accept the seriousness.

there was another nuclear plant in Russia that didn’t appear on maps at the time 60s and standing on the shore of the lake would be enough to kill you.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Fascinating read .

Thanks for that educational insight and broadening my knowledge Dylan . 👏👍

soul source url
Posted

No TV for me for the next two weeks.  Thankfully I won't have Granada or BBC North West wallowing if the dippers win or hopefully lose. 

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Looking forward to the latest offering on Prime, Good Omens stars David Tennant as a demon and Michael Sheen as an angel who, because they are enjoying their time on Earth, are forced to team up in order to stop Armaggedon.  Based on the Terry Pratchett books.....

soul source url
Posted

Started watching what if on Netflix well impressed 👍

soul source url
Posted

I watched episode 1 of "When They See Us" on Netflix last night and it was fucking superb, based on true story of how 5 young Black Lads were wrongly accused of Rape in New York and how they were treated, excuse my language but Fuck sake people, tune in, riveted after 1 episode!!

• Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Currently watching First Survivor. 

Have to say gripping intense and full of intrigue and deception.  

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Just watching Satan and Adam on Netflix, about a white guy who forms a busking partnership with a black guy with the street name Satan , turns out its Sterling Magee Sorry if this has been covered but just in case ...... 15 minutes in and it’s shit hot ..

Edited by Colnago

soul source url
Posted
On 31/05/2019 at 17:04, Steve S 60 said:

Looking forward to the latest offering on Prime, Good Omens stars David Tennant as a demon and Michael Sheen as an angel who, because they are enjoying their time on Earth, are forced to team up in order to stop Armaggedon.  Based on the Terry Pratchett books.....

Just blitzed this in one sitting online , great cast and great fun ... :thumbup:

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, WoodButcher said:

Just blitzed this in one sitting online , great cast and great fun ... :thumbup:

I think the two main leads really enjoyed themselves making it.  I could do with a copy of Agnes Nutter's book.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Colnago said:

Just watching Satan and Adam on Netflix, about a white guy who forms a busking partnership with a black guy with the street name Satan , turns out its Sterling Magee Sorry if this has been covered but just in case ...... 15 minutes in and it’s shit hot ..

Wonderful documentary . 

Edited by Colnago
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

63 Up .. ITV 9pm 

What started as a World in Action programme in 1963 , charts the lives of various people from all totally different backgrounds and places throughout Britain. Every 7 years another series is shot and this week we see the the characters are now 63 .

What a stunning piece of television this is , with so many individuals taking what life throws at them and none more than Neil Hughes . A little lad full of life and a cheeky Liverpool accent and smile who said when asked what he wanted to be at 7 , “ I’d love to be an Astronaut but if I can’t do that then I’d be a coach driver “ .

His life’s journey , for me , has been one of the most interesting and thought provoking. Seaming to struggle through his teenage years , then drop out completely and move to a remote part of Scotland to live a hermit lifestyle and struggle with what seemed severe mental health issues. His life’s journey should give hope to a lot of people that suffer through difficult times of life. 

A riveting programme that is on all this week I think . And being 63 , it makes it all the more poignant. Check it out and watch the catch’s up if you haven’t seen any of the others . 

065D18CE-4679-4195-AE5D-5038C6E9F8C1.jpeg

Edited by Stevegods

soul source url
Posted

Just watched the concluding episode of Chernobyl.  Not easy viewing, and gives rise to that old cliche, an accident waiting to happen.  A combination of cost cutting, the State covering up vital information, and the arrogance of those supposedly in charge and there you have it.  This is in stark contrast to the sacrifice made by the fire fighters, miners and conscripts who helped prevent an even worse disaster.  The death toll is estimated at anywhere between 4,000 and 93,000, while the official Soviet figure remains at 31.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 03/06/2019 at 22:18, WoodButcher said:

On 03/06/2019 at 22:22, Steve S 60 said:

I think the two main leads really enjoyed themselves making it.  I could do with a copy of Agnes Nutter's book.

The trailer for 'Good Omens' didn't really stir that much interest here, read some of his books ages ago but didn't think much of past tv adaptations so gave it a miss...

but after reading both your takes, decided to give it a go

and have to say  a lot better that I thought it would be with both of us here now enjoying it, so a quick 👍 to you both 

thanks

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

I thought the Hatton Garden series on ITV two weeks ago was excellent. Superbly acted and written. An amazing story.

The Looming Tower is also very good. So many lessons to be learnt in US Intelligence from that.

soul source url
Posted
On 01/06/2019 at 18:56, Soulfool said:

I watched episode 1 of "When They See Us" on Netflix last night and it was fucking superb, based on true story of how 5 young Black Lads were wrongly accused of Rape in New York and how they were treated, excuse my language but Fuck sake people, tune in, riveted after 1 episode!!

Powerful, sobering tale of a brutal miscarriage of justice.

Unmissable.

soul source url
Posted
On 31/05/2019 at 17:04, Steve S 60 said:

Amusing to read that the Christian group Return To Order have raised a petition against the programme but instead of sending it to Amazon, they sent it to Netflix.  If they've taken the time to actually watch it you'd have thought they'd have made a note of what subscription service they actually watched it on.

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.