Social source share
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 115.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a TV show for fook sake why do you pair have to turn it into politically correct crap , this is not the thread for it go and start one if you want

Great concluding episode of Line of Duty.  Roll on Season 5.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but TOP BOY series 2 starts on C4 on 24th (?) Tues 20th August.   I remember quite a few others on here rated series 1 highly so thought I'd give

Posted Images

Posted
On 07/05/2020 at 07:24, Mike said:

just watched the first episode 

say off to a good start, I can see why they are talking about the fight scenes 

need to watch a couple more times before fully convinced though 

I thought I'd give GOL a look. In short, episodes 1 to 5 were OK but not that special, fight scenes, general blood & gore etc probably a bit OTT, and not essential IMO. But stick with them to get the plot, charters built etc.  Now i don't know if there was a change of writers & producers for 6 to 9, but they're a must watch - more twists & turns than 'twisty-turny thing' and what a great ending.

one criticism would be Sean's character (and acting) could have been far more Ronnie Kray i.e. menacing, psychotic. And maybe over all,  less Guy Ritchie, and more Layer Cake please.

Always know that Trevor Mc'doughnut was a wrung un!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just this minute finished GOL , after the first five minutes it was all downhill to be frank ... :(

Take away the overload of gore and never-empying automatic weapons you're left with a clumsy disjointed mess .

Ended up on the FFW button for the last three episodes just to make the painful journey as short and swift as possible.

End Verdict .... Avoid.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Apologies if this has already been posted, available on I player, The Jazz Ambassadors, as the blurb says, "how African American jazz musicians helped counter negative propaganda about racism". I found it very interesting.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Kermode and Mayo's Home Entertainment Service tonight BBC4 20:30

Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo host a weekly guide to the best (and worst) of streaming culture in the 21st century, across film and premium television.

With cinemas closed and the nation on lockdown, Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo turn their attention to the small screen, presenting a guide to the best - and worst - of streaming culture, across movies and premium TV. In the first edition, they review Netflix's The Eddy, BBC's Normal People (including a chat with director Lenny Abrahamson), Eliza Hittman-directed Never Rarely Sometimes Always, Mubi docu-feature Romantic Comedy and Terry Gilliam's classic Twelve Monkeys

soul source url
Social source share
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Anyone watched Cardinal?

We caught the last series which was pretty good so gave it a shot with series 4.

Really enjoyed it apart from I think the video editor forgot his glasses. The bad guy left what was supposed to be a Peregrine Falcon feather at every crime scene but the bird must have been the size of an ostrich.  In one scene the bad guy shot someone and a minute later the gun grew a silencer. and in the final scene where, again, the bad guy, was firing a hunting rifle very proficiently, got off a half dozen rounds with his bolt action rifle complete with scope but the rifle was missing one important piece.......the clip😜

I`m one who notices these details and it really annoys the wife when i`m pointing it out.🤐

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Watched this 8 part series on Netflix this week. 

Really interesting (and quite shocking) to see what went on behind the scenes. 

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann | Netflix 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Had recorded this and watched it last night. 

Fantastic documentary! Started off good, but the 2nd half was just fascinating. 

Spoiler alert: don't read the full article if you are going to watch it. 

www.spectator.co.uk/article/one-of-the-more-disturbing-films-i-ve-seen-arena-s-the-changin-times-of-ike-white-reviewed/amp

I was aware of 'changin Times' track but didn't know who it was by. 

One of those rare programmes, which I will remember for a long time. 

Available to watch on iplayer 

Arena, The Changin’ Times of Ike White: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jb6v via @bbciplayer

Edited by Fish Fingers
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

.  BBC 2 9pm tonight.  Marvellous.  The true story adapted for TV about the Stoke City kit man. Its so funny, so moving. It will make you laugh and cry. Its highly recommended.  Its not just about football 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
50 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

.  BBC 2 9pm tonight.  Marvellous.  The true story adapted for TV about the Stoke City kit man. Its so funny, so moving. It will make you laugh and cry. Its highly recommended.  Its not just about football 

Cheers - West Ham will be half-time by then and doubt if i'll be up to facing the 2nd half!!

Currently going back to my youth and working through all seasons of Hill Street Blues on All4

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 01/07/2020 at 15:38, Winsford Soul said:

Just watched this thought it was excellent.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Friday night BBC 2 9pm Wild Pembrokeshire.  This will be one of the highlights of the TV year for me  it will also give people who have never been to Pembrokeshire a chance to see the county that keeps me returning year after year and the place that I want to retire to. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Friday night BBC 2 9pm Wild Pembrokeshire.  This will be one of the highlights of the TV year for me  it will also give people who have never been to Pembrokeshire a chance to see the county that keeps me returning year after year and the place that I want to retire to. 

Hoping to be able to stay at our favourite hotel in west Wales and spend some days around the Cardigan coast in August.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Hoping to be able to stay at our favourite hotel in west Wales and spend some days around the Cardigan coast in August.

Love going to Newquay and Dolphin watching from the lovely little harbour wall. Its well worth the hours drive up from near Tenby 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yep will probably spend some time in Newquay but also Llangrannog, Aberporth, Mwnt and will, no doubt try to sneak into Pembroke to visit Newport but we digress.....

Anybody watching The Luminaries? Plot is bonkers but there is little new drama on terrestrial TV at moment.

Enjoyed The Other One and After Life series 2 recently.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Wu tang clan 6 part documentary available on sky documentaries.

got 1st one ready to watch tonight so not seen it yet but read some good reviews.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 02/07/2020 at 18:56, Winsford Soul said:

Watched the first 20 minutes or so. Fantastic cinematography and rich in beautiful imagery. Recording the rest so something to look forward to.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jaco said:

Watched the first 20 minutes or so. Fantastic cinematography and rich in beautiful imagery. Recording the rest so something to look forward to.

Jaco. Stunning photography but left me disappointed,  No Otters from Bosherston,  Red Squirrels on Caldey Island   Peregrine falcons or Short eared owls that breed on skomer Island with the puffins . Red Kite   the national bird of Wales- nothing   

Steve 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Jaco. Stunning photography but left me disappointed,  No Otters from Bosherston,  Red Squirrels on Caldey Island   Peregrine falcons or Short eared owls that breed on skomer Island with the puffins . Red Kite   the national bird of Wales- nothing   

Steve 

Shame about that Steve. An opportunity lost by the sounds of it. I’m a complete novice when it comes to knowledge about the wildlife you mention so I guess I won’t notice their absence. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Jaco said:

Shame about that Steve. An opportunity lost by the sounds of it. I’m a complete novice when it comes to knowledge about the wildlife you mention so I guess I won’t notice their absence. 

I think that's what the producers, editors will be thinking,  the same way  as yourself,  if people don't know they won't miss it. 

I really was expecting a similar type of thing to wild Yorkshire,  wild Wales  wild Scotland etc where a single programme was dedicated to a season at a time. 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

NETFLIX

For those who like sci-fi "The Dark" series 3 has started.

And for comedy "Norsemen" series 3 starts 22 July.

Elsewhere on Sky "Penny Dreadful - City of Angels" worth watching if you're into fantasy. Set in 1938 mixes Chicanos, Nazis and the supernatural in LA.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 months later...
Posted

anyone watching BBC's Roadkill ?

just caught the first one last night, enjoyed it myself and looking forward to the rest

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thoroughly enjoyed it.....just hope the script continues to intrigue us. You just know its gonna get a lot worse for Hugh Laurie....i guess the detail is in the title! Anyone notice the imperfection to the Prime Minister's right arm.....?

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 23/10/2020 at 11:22, Mal C said:

Star trek series 3!!

the new new one yep? any good?

I lost it towards the end of the first series, never returned,

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

a current must watch is current Danish show DNA showing on BBC4

if you enjoyed the likes of The Killing and The Bridge then I'd say it maybe worth a walk over to BBCs  iplayer  for you

Episode 3 showing on Saturday

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Roadkill on BBC1 is very good.

I'm really enjoying Criminal on Netflix too. Some great acting and it's very well produced. Each episode has a completely different story.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Watched this last night

Final ascent.  Hamish. Macinnes.  

Anyone with the slightest bit of interest of the great outdoors can't be failed to be impressed with this guy. A true legend.  Who singularly is basically responsible for all of the following. Mountain rescue,  Search and rescue sniffer dogs,  Stretchers used by rescue teams including helicopter crews,  one piece ice picks/ axes. Simply awesome programme 👍 

https://g.co/kgs/nhhuw7

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Has anyone mentioned Joy of Painting -Bob Ross? ( landscapes)- 7.30pm pretty much every other night for 30 mins.

seriously, its style is a mix of laidback presenting sprinkled with a 1970's Open University production, but it's so watchable, and Bob is funny without trying to be.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

He has an engaging personality and is a likeable chap. His paintings are extremely good....but once you've seen him paint half a dozen or so, you have a fair idea of what's coming next, with regard to his picture composition. Found it quite boring after a while! 

soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I saw The Black Stuff too - brilliant tv. The tv series was even better.

I've started to watch the new series of The Crown too which continues to be excellent. One episode covers the Michael Fagan incident and how a lot of young people were struggling in the early 80s and were totally disaffected with Thatcher's Britain. 

soul source url
Social source share
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Well Something That Has Been Getting Me Through All Of Whats Going On Is 'Crossing Swords' Which You Can Catch On ITV2 Sunday Mornings 1:25 AM 2 Episodes Back To Back (was originally on Monday Nites At 10PM) Adult Comedy And It Is Lots Of Fun, if you can't record to watch at a more convenient time it is available to stream , here is a taster of what to expect Apologies If This program Has Been Mentioned already 

Maybe it is the child in me wanting to come out to play 😂

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Vikings Part 2 of Series 6  now back on Prime

end of the series it seems but there's a follow on show planned...  Valhalla 100 odd years later

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Itvs current Pembrokeshire Murders is a current must watch here

last one tonight

anyone else enjoying it?

apart from that we are a bit low on 'must watches ' here at the moment

any one for any suggestions?

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

The serpent  is a must watch  binged at the weekend, must say shocking at what he did 

Another thumbs up for The Serpent. 

Whole series is on BBC iplayer. Made me want to find a book about it. 

My favourite TV programme of the last few years has been 'Gone Fishing' with Whitehouse and Mortimer. Bought all 3 series on DVD. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Pembrokeshire murders.  Mon Tues and Wed this week. Based on a true story. 

Currently waiting on delivery of the book. The Pembrokeshire murders. Catching the bullseye killer 

Particularly enjoyable for me because I can relate to the area it was filmed. 

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

The Bureau (Amazon -Sundance channel) 5 series worth of espionage based TV magnificence - better than Spiral or dare I even say it - Tinker Tailor/Smiley's people. Phenomenal!!!

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Winter watch is a must see. I love the new format that has been forced on it by this covid shit. The presenters doing the show from their home patch with the added bonus of no Michaela Strachan. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 17/11/2020 at 19:55, Woodbutcher said:

he original 'Play For Today' episode "The Black Stuff" that spawned the series "Boys from the black stuff"

Just having a read of this and although not tv as such, it reminded me of 'No Surrender' the movie. Which if i remember correctly was also written by Alan Bleasdale. Anyway, it's one of my all time black humour favourites, and maybe you have to be British to love it like i do. Haven't seen it for years now though, it went when the VHS player did.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Ratt said:

Just having a read of this and although not tv as such, it reminded me of 'No Surrender' the movie. Which if i remember correctly was also written by Alan Bleasdale. Anyway, it's one of my all time black humour favourites, and maybe you have to be British to love it like i do. Haven't seen it for years now though, it went when the VHS player did.

Now that is a very funny film

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Current Value Please. Young Brothers, Whats Your Game