Your Current Must Watch Tv ?

Posted
8 hours ago, Tattoodave said:

"The Great" on Channel 4, about the rise of Catherine the Great, hilariously raucous.

Huzzah! Great stuff, daft as a brush and as funny as ****.  The battle field (propaganda) portrait - genius!

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 118.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a TV show for fook sake why do you pair have to turn it into politically correct crap , this is not the thread for it go and start one if you want

apologies if anybodys already posted this but the bbc drama "happy valley"has been compulsive viewing.brilliant stuff

Great concluding episode of Line of Duty.  Roll on Season 5.

Posted Images

Posted
10 hours ago, Simon T said:

Huzzah! Great stuff, daft as a brush and as funny as ****.  The battle field (propaganda) portrait - genius!

You have to wonder how they don't corpse at the absurdity of it all?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Here's  two that  I have enjoyed. both on Netflix.

"The death of 2020".    it's a look back at the year very much in the vein of "The brass eye" and "The day today"  tv programmes. 

The other is:  "Pretend it's a city".    Fran Lebowitz  is a New York based writer who is in conversation with Martin Scorsese. She is  so  honest and funny, I watched all the episodes in one go.

I hope that others enjoy  them too.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Winter watch returns this evening at 8pm. Last week was fantastic.  Love this new format with the presenters on their home patch.  Hope it continues once the current restrictions are over

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Pembrokeshire Murders was very good. 

The Serpent is an engrossing watch. The lead character is seriously creepy.

Spiral is absolutely tip top.

I'm catching up on the Vera series. Only started watching them a few weeks back but Brenda Blethyn is so good as Vera that she's moved into my top 3 of TV detectives along with Jack Regan and Christopher Foyle. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
17 hours ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Death in paradise.....love the escapism and nothing to think about for an hour in these rubbish times....I'll get my coat.....Rob

We love DIP in this house, as you say great escapism and nothing taxing on the brain or super heavy

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The Serpent wins hands down for me. 

Flits back and forth in time so need to keep focused at all times but a compelling watch.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously but has anyone caught "One Night In Miami" Saw Trevor Noah Interview Regina King who made the Movie (based on a Play) All About the night James Brown * Mohamed Ali * Sam Cooke * and Malcom X spent the night together in an Hotel , Film Clip Shown Looked Interesting * Plenty of those up on YouTube.... Rick

Amazon Prime  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously but has anyone caught "One Night In Miami" Saw Trevor Noah Interview Regina King who made the Movie (based on a Play) All About the night James Brown * Mohamed Ali * Sam Cooke * and Malcom X spent the night together in an Hotel , Film Clip Shown Looked Interesting * Plenty of those up on YouTube.... Rick

Amazon Prime  

has been mentioned a few times on here

a few views on it here... in our film topic

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/323696-seen-any-good-films-recently/page/15/?tab=comments#comment-100126021

Edited by Mike
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The Serpent is a must for anyone .. and based on a true story , which makes it all the more compelling. Great series .

Also just coming to the end of “Normal People “ on BBC iPlayer ... which again has great characters .. I just have to listen to the dialog more closely, as it’s based in and around Dublin , so it’s the accents.

Stick with it 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike said:

has been mentioned a few times on here

a few views on it here... in our film topic

Thanks very much mike, must have missed it 🙄

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just finished the Sopranos....what a terrible ending!

Back to The Blacklist again as I saw another series just come back on.

There really is so many box sets to binge watch now, its hard to choose what next.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

Just finished the Sopranos....what a terrible ending!

Back to The Blacklist again as I saw another series just come back on.

There really is so many box sets to binge watch now, its hard to choose what next.

Ed

I thought the Sopranos was brilliant but agree the ending was not the best. There are very lengthy discussions on what the ending few minutes actually meant but i think it should have been ended better. 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Tell Me Your Top Tunes! Current Or All Time
    Look At Your Box by greentangerine on Mon 24 Aug 2009
    • 14 / 914