Giving Records As Kind Gifts

Guest Buey

In the past I've given records to mates, pressys, part payment for plastering - having doubles and frankly just sharing cheapies that you want to spread the news of...

Then recently a wonderful thing happened... I bought a thirty quid record form a fellow collector.

When it arrived there were two tunes in my package - a trifle confused I asked the seller if it was a mistake (it is possible to mix up orders) or a kind gift.

It was a gift.... It fairly warms the cockles - What a wonderful scene we have!!

Have a great Friday people!

Peace

Buey

Social source share

often had records from usa with extra disc in,some for protection & prob to reduce there stock.

last week i got a rare tune cheap & guy threw in al greene on hot line free.can sell that to get the money back i paid for the rarer one,lol.

but 2 weeks ago the other free disc i got was original version of the lion sleeps tonigh,any takers on that????.

also when lived in aberdeen me & my mates chipped in to get each other a 45 for when it was our b/days.

Social source share

there is a seller on here who i buy regularly off and he has given lots of records as gifts ... knocks money off the price of ones i buy even though i get most of them them on HP ... and the records arrive before i've made the first payment :ohmy: I even received a strange package out of the blue with the sender listed as 'fancy candles' or something like that on the packet...when i opened it there were 200 ciggies sent as a gift from this seller :yes:

he is a top man and a fantastic guy to deal with :thumbup:

don't think it fair to mention his name as i don't want to embarrass him ......and i don't want you lot getting goodies that may come my way :lol:

Social source share

there is a seller on here who i buy regularly off and he has given lots of records as gifts ... knocks money off the price of ones i buy even though i get most of them them on HP ... and the records arrive before i've made the first payment :ohmy: I even received a strange package out of the blue with the sender listed as 'fancy candles' or something like that on the packet...when i opened it there were 200 ciggies sent as a gift from this seller :yes:

he is a top man and a fantastic guy to deal with :thumbup:

don't think it fair to mention his name as i don't want to embarrass him ......and i don't want you lot getting goodies that may come my way :lol:

think ill buy the cheapest 45 from every seller until i find him,lol.

Edited by sepia
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bought Tempests LP a few year back from a guy in US arrives Stilled Sealed and an extra Tempests LP minty along with a note saying I found another copy not my thing so you can have that one too, One good deed deserves another gave it as xmas present to my bro

Kieran

Social source share

I don't buy nor collect records. Historically I have been given many as gifts which I still have but don't play. Only last weekend at Lifeline, Kev H gave me a record as a gift. It was a lovely gesture and I shall keep it with the intention that it was given :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember giving a record to someone and then seeing it in his sales box a couple of months later! I suppose he was telling me to improve my taste! never mind it hasn't stopped me giving the odd record out to fellow soulies! I think its a great thing they have at Bridgwater Soul Nites where they have a recycling table, often soulies will bring various items to do with our wonderful scene and leave them on the table for others to take away and use!

Social source share

I don't buy nor collect records. Historically I have been given many as gifts which I still have but don't play. Only last weekend at Lifeline, Kev H gave me a record as a gift. It was a lovely gesture and I shall keep it with the intention that it was given :D

I hope it was on the Karen label :D

Social source share

think ill buy the cheapest 45 from every seller until i find him,lol.

imho you wont find a better bloke to deal with, here's a clue to the name he uses on here

9 letters, all one word that is a phrase meaning, alright/yep/sure thing ......but he has cleverly used a record label with the first 4 letters :g:

your prize for working this out is an introduction to a great record dealer :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

imho you wont find a better bloke to deal with, here's a clue to the name he uses on here

9 letters, all one word that is a phrase meaning, alright/yep/sure thing ......but he has cleverly used a record label with the first 4 letters :g:

your prize for working this out is an introduction to a great record dealer :hatsoff2:

Okehdokey

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!