Did Anyone See This Last Night - 'sound It Out' - The Last Record Shop In Teeside

Ian Dewhirst

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Ian deffo my cuppa tea Bro will need further investigation.Imagine working in that enviroment every day I'd open seven day's a week man .Regards Simon.

Social source share

Was this not the the 'official' video for 'Record Shop Day'? it was posted up on here around the time of the said day. The shop is very close to where I live - I don't go in.

Could well be,didnt see it untill now so thanks Ian for the link. Why dont you go in Mike? I cant pass any record shop wherever i come accross one

Social source share

Looks a great watch for vinyl sniffers LOL....

https://www.sounditoutdoc.com/

Ian D :D

Will watch later today Ian. Don't know if you or anyone else has read it, but I am starting to read a book called Last Shop Standing ( Whatever Happened To Record Shops ? ) by Graham Jones. Seems a great read with many past and still present vinyl shops mentioned or listed, including one which was very close to my heart in Scunny- Record Village.Was always going there at one time, and use to travel to ones in Donny, Hull, York, Lincoln, Nottingham, sheffield, etc on a regular basis. Internet okay for ordering but not the same as being there.

Regards

Steve

Social source share

it's in a dead end - you can't pass it :o)

Apart from being a dead-end street, I think it's also a one-way street so there's no way out of there.

Basically, it's a trap.

I've heard local stories about people who went shopping for records and they were never seen again.

:huh:

Very sad.

Social source share

Why do I get the feeling you are extracting the urine!!!!

:boxing:Not at all, Carol, sorry the comment was a little straight, shoulda used a smiley or too, I'll support the independant retailer at any opportunity, I just hate all the corporate shite we have to tolerate in the modern world. :yes:

P.S. You spelt TEESSIDE wrong :shhh:

i didnt, blame the original poster for that crime. :wave:

Social source share

Will watch later today Ian. Don't know if you or anyone else has read it, but I am starting to read a book called Last Shop Standing ( Whatever Happened To Record Shops ? ) by Graham Jones. Seems a great read with many past and still present vinyl shops mentioned or listed, including one which was very close to my heart in Scunny- Record Village.Was always going there at one time, and use to travel to ones in Donny, Hull, York, Lincoln, Nottingham, sheffield, etc on a regular basis. Internet okay for ordering but not the same as being there.

Regards

Steve

I've read that book after it was recommended and thought it was a pile of crap, it's just about the guys clients, one of the recommended shops (in Welshpool) I went to, bloke was a right miserable bastard and had no stock!

Social source share

I've read that book after it was recommended and thought it was a pile of crap, it's just about the guys clients, one of the recommended shops (in Welshpool) I went to, bloke was a right miserable bastard and had no stock!

Same here, I thought the book was more about the author and his business and his friends.

I expected an interesting book about record stores and the declining retail sector but I was very disappointed.

I might even set fire to it.

:ohmy:

Social source share

Apart from being a dead-end street, I think it's also a one-way street so there's no way out of there.

Basically, it's a trap.

I've heard local stories about people who went shopping for records and they were never seen again.

:huh:

Very sad. Last record I bought from Tom,well one of three......Lou Rawls Dead End Street US CAPITOL I kid you not.

Social source share

Thanks Pete, Also recommended having seen it in HMV, only got as far as Billy Bragg in Liverpool, so hope it is better than your judgement.

The nearest I ever got to Welshpool was that one in Telford on route to a footy match in Shrewsbury, so not guilty of beating you to any records from there.

Steve

Social source share

The Garrick eh? I never pass the Sun Inn and a pint of foaming Bass :) in fact its the only reason I go into Stockton :yes:

John Smiths for me,So where you from Mike?

Social source share

Thanks Pete, Also recommended having seen it in HMV, only got as far as Billy Bragg in Liverpool, so hope it is better than your judgement.

The nearest I ever got to Welshpool was that one in Telford on route to a footy match in Shrewsbury, so not guilty of beating you to any records from there.

Steve

There's a record shop in Telford??

Social source share

Same here, I thought the book was more about the author and his business and his friends.

I expected an interesting book about record stores and the declining retail sector but I was very disappointed.

I might even set fire to it.

:ohmy:

Please don't do that!... i've been meaning to read this...give us a lend! :thumbsup:

Edited by trog
Social source share

Live in Norton. Use to be a good pint of John Smiths Cask in the top house at Norton (Unicorn) - but like evrywhere else its Black Sheep now :o(

What about yourself

I took John Smiths out of my pub because it isn't real beer anymore. They no longer use hops in the brewing of it.

The only thing it was good for was outside bars because most cask beers take 2 (or more) days to get ready but John Smiths drops clear in an hour.

S&N have ruined more good beers than I care to name.

Social source share

Live in Norton. Use to be a good pint of John Smiths Cask in the top house at Norton (Unicorn) - but like evrywhere else its Black Sheep now :o(

What about yourself

Parkfield,right opposite Matalan in Stockton.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!