Barrino Brothers Lp - Invictus - Why Is " Trapped In A Love " Not Included ?

The Tempest

The guys scored just one album LIVIN HIGH OFF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR LOVE under the powerhouse sound production of Holland-Dozier-Holland trio. Released in 1971 on Invictus label "Trapped in a love" is a collector item on the rare soul scene and can be easily spinned both on northern & modern soul dancefloors .

120719887319.jpg350380278626.jpg

Edited by 123-motown
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Is 'I Shall Not Be Moved' on it? That's much better than 'Trapped In A Love' in my opinion.

Just realised, if it's their HDH stuff then it probably is. :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was just listening to a stack of invictus singles and came to the conclusion that i hate the chairmen of the board, their records are all awful.

...and just when did you become a Philistine, pray tell, Mr. A? :wicked::P

Even if you don't like the tracks with General Johnson singing, how could you not enjoy those that Danny Woods fronted?

COTB awful? Sorry, but I'm not having that, oh no no no.... :no:

Social source share

...and just when did you become a Philistine, pray tell, Mr. A? :wicked::P

Even if you don't like the tracks with General Johnson singing, how could you not enjoy those that Danny Woods fronted?

COTB awful? Sorry, but I'm not having that, oh no no no.... :no:

general johnson is a great singer, the songs just suck and aren't well written such i would want to listen to them. i only like their two hits dangling on a string and give me just a little more time. actually there are a ton of invictus singles (not just COTB) and despite the holland-dozier-holland a large percentage of them aren't very good. a lot of them sound like they were trying too hard to cross over pop.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!