The Emeralds - Beware - Vick

Quinvy

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Man, I'd like to hear both sides of that one!!! That's got to be my prime sound. And to think that with all my scrounging and searching in Chicagoland just when that was out, I somehow missed it. Just the lock of the draw.

Hi Robb , on the other thread about this 45 you said you have the Emeralds on Vick ? Anyway , let me have your email and I send you files of both sides..

Social source share

The YouTube clip takes the minute and a half clip I had on ebay and copies the first minute of the clip and appends it onto the end, making it a 2 and a half minute clip. There has been so much misinformation put out there about this record, it's mind boggling.

Eventually, I or boba through his radio show will be providing full mp3s to the world. I want to give the auction winner some time to have exclusive access to the record in its fullness. What a treat in this day and age to have an amazing soul record that is not available on YouTube. And Boba was correct in an earlier thread saying that there are actually two versions of this record. They have identical labels but different deadwax markings. The versions are similar but clearly different mixes with slightly different instrumentations as well. This should only serve to make the mystique of this record that much greater. There are only three copies of this 45 out there in the world in the hands of credible sources, and two different versions accounted for in those three. Amazing. I have passed the deadwax information on to Manship for inclusion into his next guide.

Social source share

quoting the previous thread it was already about 4 - 5 people who had a copy at some stage. plus the copy from this recent auction makes it 5 - 6 in total. whatever the real number, we will never know for certain. there are always more copies out there than we can imagine reyling on collectors hearsays, myths and rumours. anyway, two nice numbers and a few hrs have past since my last post so I edited and deleted the files now. its up to bob, sharlow 45 or whoever to provide full mp3s to the public.

Social source share

If I stated that I have that record I was having a senior moment. I have The Kittens on Vick, but not The Emeralds.

"Catch Me I'm Falling" is very nice. But, I suspect I'll like the flip even more (if it is slower mid-tempo or a ballad. I do remember them as a group talked about in Chicago in the mid-60s. They sang at some school/park functions. Not sure about clubs.

Social source share

Man, I'd like to hear both sides of that one!!! That's got to be my prime sound. And to think that with all my scrounging and searching in Chicagoland just when that was out, I somehow missed it. Just the lock of the draw.

i had one long time ago which came in soul pack of five records from a dealer in USA 'didn't know much about the record if it was rare or not' didn't like it very much at the time 'sold it to some geezer at a niter ' which i now live to regret :g:

Social source share

The YouTube clip takes the minute and a half clip I had on ebay and copies the first minute of the clip and appends it onto the end, making it a 2 and a half minute clip. There has been so much misinformation put out there about this record, it's mind boggling.

Eventually, I or boba through his radio show will be providing full mp3s to the world. I want to give the auction winner some time to have exclusive access to the record in its fullness. What a treat in this day and age to have an amazing soul record that is not available on YouTube. And Boba was correct in an earlier thread saying that there are actually two versions of this record. They have identical labels but different deadwax markings. The versions are similar but clearly different mixes with slightly different instrumentations as well. This should only serve to make the mystique of this record that much greater. There are only three copies of this 45 out there in the world in the hands of credible sources, and two different versions accounted for in those three. Amazing. I have passed the deadwax information on to Manship for inclusion into his next guide.

Ha! So i got the edit time right at 1.35secs... :D .Love to hear the other version.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!