Northern Soul Clapping

Davebanks

Guest in town Mikey

Tony Clayton was the guest? and me(came a bit later as we were pulled by Gloucesters finest ds on the way into town..no result)

thought Leons cousin ran it?

Steve

Best clapping ever was at the Major Lance all-dayer at Hanley costant louder and louder "Soul Clapping" what an atmosphere ,i think i sent the tape to Wiganer 1 maybe he could put it up on here?

Sorry Steve. Memory fuddled in the mists of time. Tony Clayton does stir some memories. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest souldjer 1

theres a great video of a lad getting it so wrong that he just stops dancing and walks of the floor..

its on a video of 30th wigan anniversary at kings hall...

cant remember the song but its worth looking at..

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

:hatsoff2: HI ALL And a big hand for Mr Clap?.There is only a few real great NORTHERN SOUL RECORDS that it does not matter who you are! it's like chocolate irresistible and infectious to doing a double hand clap, Miss LL a massive ALL-NIGHTER HAND CLAPPER :thumbsup: DAVE

post-13241-0-39683600-1320875446_thumb.j

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well i use to give the odd clap back in the day but havent done it for years !!!! I thought untill listing to one of my all time favoret tunes i realised i still give it a couple of claps one with the first clap in the tune and the second on the fifth clap in the tune .Then i realised the claping continued through the record with a grt pice of saxphone coming on clap 100 in all ther around 150 give or take a few claps .I was quite gob smacked on how many there where during this cracking track . I have herd it played out three times this year first at the 100 club then at Burnley and lastley by the main man himself Karl Herd in the rare room at Radders a few months ago .

Edited by Irish Spinner
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 7 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!