Wounded 45S, Bargains, Boots, Aussie Pressings And Some Other Nice Bits....need Beer Money For The Weekend

Daniel Harvey

Right , Aussie Nationals on this weekend so I thought I'd clear out a few 45s so I can afford the beer expenditure....Some lesser graded records in here , but they have been pretty heavily discounted to reflect this. Hope something takes your fancy ...I try to grade as conservatively as possible and I'm not in the habit of trying to rip soulies off...so if you're unhappy with your purchase I shall offer refunds less the postage...however this has never occurred in any sale I have made yet...

If anything takes your fancy or you require scans or mp3s than please feel free to message me and I will get back to ASAP.

Postage within Aus will be 5 dollars, postage outside Aus will be 5 pounds

All prices listed are in British pounds

I use payal and my username is dharvey_ray@hotmail.com

Cheers for looking , Daniel.

THE CREATIONS - FOOTSTEPS/ A DREAM - ZODIA VG/EX (not sure how to grade this one. Both sides are mega clean and would get an EX grade, however the footsteps side has one ugly mark which causes auditible clicks for the first 30 seconds of the record, after which the record plays pretty well...certainly has been fine for djing for me. The flip Side with 'Dream' on it plays perfectly. Actually a much much nicer copy than the many battered ones floating about. Clean and tidy, but with one rather ugly mark....so I'm grading VG - grade aside, this is a double sider of immense quality! 30 SOLD!

CELEBRITY FOUR - INSPIRATION/HONEY TELL ME - TANGERINE PROMO VG/EX ( Another clean 45 with one frustrating mark on the 'inspritation' side which causes auditable clicks for about 45 seconds....once again have dj'd with it no problems. Flip side with 'Honey tell me' is EX - with perhaps a little light ringwear, but still a very pleasing looking copy. Once again, clean and tidy but with one frustrating mark ...so the grade gets VG. 2 nice crossover tune and hard to find. 35

DOUG PARKINSON - I'LL BE AROUND/ RIFF RAFF - SOUTHERN STAR VG/VG ( both sides have some bizzare lookin marks , however ' i'll be around' plays close to perfectly - certainly plays like an EX copy. B side is a bit noisy but i'm not sure how many listeners would be bothered by this ...b side is one of Parky's weaker efferts. A side has a small sticker from a local record shop on it but other than that it's a very clean 45, not to mention a ripper take on the spinner's classic. 20

JO AN GARRETT - WHOLE NEW PLAN/ STAY BY MY SIDE - CHESS VG-/VG- ( a much dirtier record than the above 3. has loads of label wear and marks on the vinyl. However ' Whole new plan' plays through above the light background noise pretty well. Have dj'd with it before without any probs, but it's certainly in the Vg- range. 15

RENEE GEYER - BE THERE IN THE MORNING/LEAVE MY BODY ALONE -RCA AUS VG-/VG- ( found this one recently in a charity shop out in the sticks of outer Melbourne. Both sides have backround noise and prob wouldn't able to dj it. However I wack it on at home from time to time and I think it still has strong appeal) All in all , a disapointing copy of a fab late 70's Aus only Dancer. 10

MARIA DALLAS - AMBUSH - VIKING - VG-/VG- AUS ( Bit of ring wear and more than a few marks, but much like the other wounded copies of this tune I have found, it still plays fairly well in the range of a strong VG, more than ok for playing out....B side is in a lesser condition. Not the best copy floating round , but still a very nice 45 and a belter of a tune! 20

JOYCE KENNEDY - DOES ANYBODY LOVE ME/ THE HI-FI ALBUMS AND I - BLUE ROCK VG/VG ( both sides play through fine, with only the occasional piece of background noise. Labels in very nice condition, but marks are marks and this record has a few so the grade is vg - still a nice enough copy to enjoy two fine sides of mid tempo soul. 10

IMAGINATIONS - WAIT A LITTLE LONGER SON/ MAMA'S LITTLE BABY - BALLAD VG+/VG+( very light ring wear and some very light marks on both sides, but 45 still remains a lot of gloss and both sides plays through without any problems at all ...a very nice copy of two up-beat doo wop inspired soul tunes. 15

LIVERPOOL FIVE - THE SNAKE/ANYWAY YOU WANT ME - RCA DEMO VG+/VG+ ( Tiny bit of noise of the side the 'the snake on it'. Otherwise a really nice demo copy of the 60's mod group take on the Al Wilson classic. 10

JIMMY MAYES AND THE SOUL BREED - PUCKIN'/ DRUMS FOR SALE PORT VG/VG ( few marks on both side and bit of label ware , but both sides play loudly and clearly. One hell of dynamic tune and not always easy to track down. 10 SOLD!

GIL BERNAL - THIS IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR/ THEY SAY - RCA DEMO VG++/VG (lovely demo of a cracking big city ballad. Very clean copy of a great tune. 15

JOHNNY DAYE - A LOT OF PROGRESS/YOU'RE ON TOP- PARKWAY DEMO VG+/VG+ ( great copy. The label is stamped by a radio station or something with the word "Russia" on it. Few Marks but plays great ...a steal at 10

MAURICE WILLIAMS AND THE ZODIACS - TRY/I'D RATHER HAVE A MEMORY THAN A DREAM - 440/PLUS PROMO COPY - VG++/VG+ ( great record, great copy.....listed at all kinds of crazy prices of 80 and upwards....this copy is 12. SOLD!

BRIAN HYLAND - THE JOKER WENT WILD/ I CAN HEAR THE RAIN - PHILLIPS ISSUE EX /EX (really nice issue with a light radio stamp on the label...10

TONY PASS - SPRING FEVER - ATCO TEST PRESS - BLANK WHITE LABEL WITH WRITING VG+/VG+ ( nice piece of 60's pop soul in perhaps it's rarest form) 10

THE BANDWAGON - BREAKIN'DOWN THE WALLS OF HEARTACHE/DANCIN MASTER - EPIC DEMO EX/EX ( clean spanking demo copy - a little writing on the label but a top copy...10

HORACE BAILEY - COOL MONKEY/DOWN THROUGH THE YEARS - DELENE - VG/VG ( pretty nice copy despite the grade, few marks...one side a 'new trend dancer' one side deep ballad..books at 60...this copy is 10 SOLD!

THE UNIQUES - BLUE SKIES/LOVING YOU - CAPTIAL EX ( the very slightest of storage warps , but otherwise an EX to MINT copy - two great sides of groups soul! 12

BOBBY VEE - CROSS MY HEART/THIS IS THE END - LIBERTY (AUS) VG+ ( nice aussie demo (sticker) copy of this upbeat blue eyed dancer ....a little storage warp ...but nothing noticeable 10

BILLY STEWART - SUMMERTIME/ TO LOVE TO LOVE - CHESS (AUS) ISSUE VG+ ( obviously two must have tunes....but on perhaps on the most stunning format around. Aussie Chess, with radiant dark blue labels ...not seen too many of these about ....light marks but both sides play great! 12

SPIRAL STAIRCASE - MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY - CBS (AUS) EX ( brilliant copy of a classic on and nice on Aussie CBS....has name of owner of the A side, but a very nice copy 10

POOKIE HUDSON - JELOUS HEART/ I KNOW I KNOW - DOUBLE L VG+ ( Slight bubbling on label but otherwise a great copy of this early soul belter 10

JERRY BUTLER - AWARE OF LOVE/MOON RIVER - TOP RANK (AUS) VG+ ( Nice aussie copy of this brilliant piece of early soul , in original (tattered) sleeve and some writing on both labels but a good solid copy 10

BROTHERS OF SOUL - HURRY. DON'T LINGER/CAN'T GET YOU OFF OF MY MIND- CRISS CROSS VG - ( bit of a grubby copy but nice to see on it's original label. A side plays through ok but with some noise, whilst b side has a bit more noise.....not sure if this will interest anyone, but I thought I'd wack it in just incase....despite it's wear it remains a handsome looking 45 if only for the label design 10

PILE OF BOOTLEGS /RE ISSUES INLUDING - 20

INVITATIONS - SKYING IN THE SNOW - OUT OF THE PAST VG+

FASINATIONS - GIRLS ARE OUT TO GET YOU - MAYFIELD VG+

THE CARLETTES - I'M GETTING TIRED - BOBBY ROBINSON VG+ (BUBBLING)

LITTLE CARL CARLTON - COMPETITION AIN'T NOTHIN - BACKBEAT VG+

JEANETTE WILLIAMS - ALL OF A SUDDEN - BACKBEAT VG+

LYNNE RANDELL - STRANGER IN MY ARMS - CSP SPECIAL PRODUCTS EX

Edited by melbourne eric
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic