John Moffatt

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Either it's a dummy pitch to sell the 45 or they are mixing the record up with another one - maybe a WDJ copy which is rare (but I have never seen it go for as much as $330) or a Scott's on Swingers.

That is a standard red and yellow copy. Not great condition. Not even the rarer version with Agent OO-Soul title rather than Agent Double-O-Soul.

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Either it's a dummy pitch to sell the 45 or they are mixing the record up with another one - maybe a WDJ copy which is rare (but I have never seen it go for as much as $330) or a Scott's on Swingers.

That is a standard red and yellow copy. Not great condition. Not even the rarer version with Agent OO-Soul title rather than Agent Double-O-Soul.

Richard

The White DJ Single Sided DEMO is missing from many collections, Including Mine.

As you say Richard White DJ Copy is Rare.

I have never seen it go for as much as $330 Either

Here are the Versions I have.

Ric-Tic_RT-103-A_Y_O-1.gifRic-Tic_RT-103-B_Y_O-1.gif

Ric-Tic_RT-103-A_Y-1.gifRic-Tic_RT-103-B_Y-1.gif

Ric-Tic_RT-103-A_R-1.gifRic-Tic_RT-103-B_R-1.gif

Ric-Tic_RT-103-A_YR_V-1.gifRic-Tic_RT-103-B_YR_V-1.gif

Ric-Tic_RT-103-A_Y_N-1.gifRic-Tic_RT-103-B_Y_N-1.gif

REO_8871Xa-1.jpgREO_8871Xb-1.gif

Social source share

Nice One.

Pleased you are finding these sticker demos Richard.

Noticed you have been asking for them.

Are these mainly found where the Printed DEMO is elusive accross the Ric-Tic / Golden World stuff.

Bit of both Roger

For some releases the sticker demo seems the only way to get a demo such as with the Adorables - Ooh Boy and Barbra Mercer - Hungry For Love on Golden World and Andre Williams - You Got It And I Want It on Ric-Tic.

For others both demo formats are kicking around - such as J J Barnes - Please Let Me In, Edwin Starr - Agent OO-Soul, Detroit Emeralds - Show Time and Freddie Gorman - In A Bad Way on Ric-Tic.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Bit of both Roger

For some releases the sticker demo seems the only way to get a demo such as with the Adorables - Ooh Boy and Barbra Mercer - Hungry For Love on Golden World and Andre Williams - You Got It And I Want It on Ric-Tic.

For others both demo formats are kicking around - such as J J Barnes - Please Let Me In, Edwin Starr - Agent OO-Soul, Detroit Emeralds - Show Time and Freddie Gorman - In A Bad Way on Ric-Tic.

Cheers

Richard

Richard,

Had this conversation a couple of times in the past. Up until around 15 maybe 20 years ago I used to have a white demo of the Adorables but, as with many in my collection, it was sold on and I can't for the life of me remember who bought it. Maybe Pat Brady as he had some stuff from me around that time. It may have been Carl Fortnum as he bought some rarer bits off me (see other thread re:William Powell as I'm sure that went to him along with both a white demo and red stocker of Larry Clinton, Little John on Go-Gate etc etc). I agree that it's tough but it now seems to be a lot tougher than I ever thought. Anyone out there know where the demo ended up then.... It's over to you

:hatsoff2:

Steve

Edited by soulman
Social source share

Am I missing something here, especially the bit about one going on Ebay for $330?

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item5646f7104d

My copy cost me about £15 not too long ago. Anyone got any ideas?

at any time there are idiots listing cheap records for expensive. if you browse the records category and sort by price high-low you can find a lot of them. they only are interesting when there are actually bids.

Social source share

at any time there are idiots listing cheap records for expensive. if you browse the records category and sort by price high-low you can find a lot of them. they only are interesting when there are actually bids.

Oh definitely. This one may be a bit extreme, but there are plenty of gullible individuals about. There was a piece on here recently about a couple of Stardusts making serious money. Is it just a battle between common sense and that overpowering must-have mentality, and a seller keen to try and exploit it?

Social source share

Oh definitely. This one may be a bit extreme, but there are plenty of gullible individuals about. There was a piece on here recently about a couple of Stardusts making serious money. Is it just a battle between common sense and that overpowering must-have mentality, and a seller keen to try and exploit it?

This auction had no bids (which is what I was trying to say), so it's less a case of a gullible bidder than a delusional seller.

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!