Little Ann - Lean Lanky Daddy

Premium Stuff

Just wondering who has the original acetate(s) of Little Ann - Lean Lanky Daddy - what the whole story was on the find - what nick it/they are in etc etc etc.

One of the best Detroit northern records ever.

Is the current Kent 45 that's easily picked up the first legit release on vinyl - or was there an earlier version - 100 club or Kent anniversary 45 etc.?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes..still got the Acetate

Managed to get it signed when Little Ann was on at Cleethorpes some years ago.

The acetate is in pretty decent nick overall but has a fault on the first 30 secs or so of Lean Lanky side which plays with an irritating tick.

Love the tune recorded on the flip " I Got To Have You"

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Yes..still got the Acetate

Managed to get it signed when Little Ann was on at Cleethorpes some years ago.

The acetate is in pretty decent nick overall but has a fault on the first 30 secs or so of Lean Lanky side which plays with an irritating tick.

Love the tune recorded on the flip " I Got To Have You"

Hi there is it spelt got or git as on the album i'm sure it say's I git to have you we have some more in stock in the next couple of weeks if anyone's intrested regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

HI Simon

Definitely "Got" not "Git"

Remember having a discussion with Little Ann about the track as I preferred it at the time to Lean Lanky Daddy...I think she was as bit surprised , had a wry smile and signed the acetate "thank you john" :)

Hi John did she ever mention the unissued album left in the can ? I think she's passed on before it's release there's some great unissued track's on that album by any chance did she perform them at Cleethorpes ? regards Simon.
Social source share

HI Simon

Definitely "Got" not "Git"

Remember having a discussion with Little Ann about the track as I preferred it at the time to Lean Lanky Daddy...I think she was as bit surprised , had a wry smile and signed the acetate "thank you john" :)

John

Bit of deja vu here John having been speaking about both sides of this last night.I do believe you playing " I Got To Have You" at Brid was brought up & it sounding great :D

Cheers

Martyn

PS How's Carol's flu today :wicked:

Social source share

Hi John did she ever mention the unissued album left in the can ? I think she's passed on before it's release there's some great unissued track's on that album by any chance did she perform them at Cleethorpes ? regards Simon.

I think there had been some discussion at the time...cant remember now..maybe Ady can help out with what she performed..I seem to recall the impetus for talking about the I Got To Have you track was that she hadn't performed that one

Social source share

John

Bit of deja vu here John having been speaking about both sides of this last night.I do believe you playing " I Got To Have You" at Brid was brought up & it sounding great :D

Cheers

Martyn

PS How's Carol's flu today :wicked:

Hi Martyn

"Flu" coming on nicely

A lot of thick heads this morning at breakfast :rofl:

Social source share

No Ann didn't do I Got To Have You at Cleethorpes, it was considered too funky for the crowd at the time. It's meant to be the forerunner of One Way Street that came out on Ric Tic, heavily overdubbed. There's also a basic version of One Way Street on one of the CDs.

The LP was of course fictitious (until Timmion released it). It's extremely doubtful that Dave would have raised enough money to issue an LP, he struggled hard enough to get 45s out.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

No Ann didn't do I Got To Have You at Cleethorpes, it was considered too funky for the crowd at the time. It's meant to be the forerunner of One Way Street that came out on Ric Tic, heavily overdubbed. There's also a basic version of One Way Street on one of the CDs.

The LP was of course fictitious (until Timmion released it). It's extremely doubtful that Dave would have raised enough money to issue an LP, he struggled hard enough to get 45s out.

Hi Ady how are you on the tape can that Timmion used to do the album it say's little ann possible lp they should be with me any day I'll have a look at the sleeve note and let you know best regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I think the sleeve used some poetic license.

Yes Ady the old trick's of the trade I think it was just some unissued clonked together would have perhaps have been better by having a title like "Little Ann The unissued tapes " or something.All the best Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!