soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was this released as a single anywhere? I'm watching a UK Tamla copy of Down To Earth LP but would prefer a 45!

And the Album was re issued in the late 70s so watch out, dont know how to tell the diferance though

Social source share

And the Album was re issued in the late 70s so watch out, dont know how to tell the diferance though

Just looked at mine which is the reissue, The cardboards thin and in the bottom left hand corner it has, Available on tape printed on the backcover in small writing and 1966 original sound recording

I guess that means cassettes which were not around in 1966 ?

Social source share

Just looked at mine which is the reissue, The cardboards thin and in the bottom left hand corner it has, Available on tape printed on the backcover in small writing and 1966 original sound recording

I guess that means cassettes which were not around in 1966 ?

Unless reel to reel, nice to have thiough.

Social source share

Think it was an album only release, not sure though. When was George Carrow released on CBS (first issue)?

TOTP

June 1967, I believe (on US Columbia only). I think Darrell Banks' version was also an early '67 release, which I guess would make Stevie Wonder's version the original.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Cheers guys and what a shame it was never released on 45 eh! The NS scene shoulda jumped on it, as they did with Tears of A Clown and hounded Mr Gordy to issue it lol

Social source share

Guest welshruss

I,ve got this LP -Down To Earth - it says "sold subject etc etc" across the middle...can i assume then its original.Its also in mono.

No mention of tapes anywhere.

Social source share

I,ve got this LP -Down To Earth - it says "sold subject etc etc" across the middle...can i assume then its original.Its also in mono.

No mention of tapes anywhere.

I would say yes as mines not got the sold subject etc and is stereo

Social source share