Saxy Russell - Psychedelic Soul - Who's The Vocalist

Pete S

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well if Saxy Russell is playing the wailing sax you can hear on the record, who is it doing the vocals then, cos he can't be doing both at the same time and I doubt it was recorded on multi track!

Saxie Russell is definitely the vocalist. He has another record on randee but there aren't really vocals to compare, only chanting. His real name was vernon taplin. He has a few writing credits on other random records (e.g. luci and tim on gamma). nobody I know has been able to find him.

Social source share

Well if Saxy Russell is playing the wailing sax you can hear on the record, who is it doing the vocals then, cos he can't be doing both at the same time and I doubt it was recorded on multi track!

Quite possible part 2 is the instrumental (cut 1st?) and the vocals added over it

btw its Saxie on my copy is it a boot? lol

Social source share

Quite possible part 2 is the instrumental (cut 1st?) and the vocals added over it

btw its Saxie on my copy is it a boot? lol

Yes i agree,we musn't forget the backing track was recorded first and other instuments overdubed if requied then the vocals put on lastley
Social source share

Saxie Russell is definitely the vocalist. He has another record on randee but there aren't really vocals to compare, only chanting. His real name was vernon taplin. He has a few writing credits on other random records (e.g. luci and tim on gamma). nobody I know has been able to find him.

is that "el monkey" or something similar for the title.

Social source share

There's actually a part 3 of this, someone came on here years ago with an acetate of it for sale, different to parts 1 & 2, mainly instrumental, I did record it but it's got lost over time

actually me and my friend got that acetate and my friend sold it on ebay. It came from Stormy (guy on twinight). He is the cowriter on the track (John Colley).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert