Anyone Got Masters On Didi Noel & Ohio Players?

Ian Dewhirst

• Replies 8
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

Last call for masters and then I'm done touch wood.

Does anyone have decent quality WAV files on the following pretty please?

Let The Music Play - Didi Noel

You Don't Mean It - The Ohio Players

Please PM urgently if you do.

Many thanks,

Ian D :D

Forgive me but what are masters ? or is this just a request for sound files ? or is it ok as long as you don't mention mp3 ?

Social source share

The short answer is, whoever may happen to have clean masters that they can convert to WAV files via either vinyl or a good digital source. The fact of the matter is that some of the companies who own these recordings don't have access to decent masters even though they're happy enough to take the licensing advances.

Consequently it's only when we get to mastering stage when we realise something's wrong. On this series of Backbeats we're ploughing some pretty deep seams, so maybe we caught 'em out 'cos they weren't expecting to ever licence some of these tracks. Either way, the standard of some of the masters has been disgusting. Hence this request.

It's ridiculous really that we should have to resort to begging for masters via Soul Source, but really where better?

It seems the burdon has fallen on us to simply come up with decent masters. There's no one else out there who gives a shit.

So get teched-up and start contributing Ken!

Ian D

Social source share

There's no one else out there who gives a shit.

So get teched-up and start contributing Ken!

Ian D

Will do Ian,i have some of the things you axed for but PC too slow for big files but any day soon should be sorted .a new decent cartridge on me deck would also help. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Will do Ian,i have some of the things you axed for but PC too slow for big files but any day soon should be sorted .a new decent cartridge on me deck would also help. :thumbsup:

Actually, if it wasn't for all the brilliant contributors from various forums and my own personal archive, then half of this new set of Backbeats would never have seen the light of day. It seems to me that archiving masters is bottom of the list for many record companies (and that includes the majors too). I've had to replace at least 40 masters out of 200 because they just weren't up to scratch. I can't tell you the amount of times in the last couple of weeks that people have said 'why didn't I choose tracks that are easy to locate'!

A lot of masters supplied were really bad vinyl dubs. Several tracks supplied were incorrectly tagged and were completely different tracks from the ones I requested. Master archiving is going the way of dry stone walling in my view.........

I was still chasing down a couple of masters last night. Which reminds me, if anyone out there has a WAV on Eddie Billups "Shake Off That Dream" I could do with that right sharp!

Thank God for technologically proficient Soul fans!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!