Jimmy Burns On Manship & Bobby Sheen

Couple of things just wanted to mention in passing.

I see a Jimmy Burns made £3,800 on the JM's auctions, wow.

Second point, can't stop playing Bobby Sheen's Something New To Do, what a fooooking tune this is.

Hold my hands up, I've never heard it before & what a buzz it is to find a track I just wanna play & play over again, didn't know I had such a modern taste, end of the day, this IS soul music.

Does this get played out these days?

Cheers ears

Aid.

Social source share

Guest garysoul82

Couple of things just wanted to mention in passing.

I see a Jimmy Burns made £3,800 on the JM's auctions, wow.

Second point, can't stop playing Bobby Sheen's Something New To Do, what a fooooking tune this is.

Hold my hands up, I've never heard it before & what a buzz it is to find a track I just wanna play & play over again, didn't know I had such a modern taste, end of the day, this IS soul music.

Does this get played out these days?

Cheers ears

Aid.

Im amazed youve never heard this.Its been a monster for over 25 years.Suppose if you are discovering new

sounds now ,this should wet youre appertite to listen to more and more.

Social source share

Im amazed youve never heard this.Its been a monster for over 25 years.Suppose if you are discovering new

sounds now ,this should wet youre appertite to listen to more and more.

Hey Gary, should mention that I was off the scene for 20 years or so after Wigan, with would explain why I seem to be the only person north of the equator that doesn't know it. :thumbsup:

Giant void for me to fill.

Cheers

Aid.

Social source share

Just had a quick look on wiki, looks like wasn't involved with Crazy Baby, think joined them later on.

Aid

i have COASTERS Crazy Baby ' Bobby Sheen deffo not involved

Social source share

Hey Gary, should mention that I was off the scene for 20 years or so after Wigan, with would explain why I seem to be the only person north of the equator that doesn't know it. thumbsup.gif

Giant void for me to fill.

Cheers

Aid.

Searling played it first at Wigan

Social source share

Bobby Sheen was Bob B Soxx the leader of a group called The Blue Jeans, he was also one of the figures identified with Phil Spector' s Wall Of Sound. In 1962 Sheen hooked up with Spector, and it is Sheen who is said to have stumbled upon the "Wall of Sound" Sound quite by accident. Before embarking on his Solo Career.

Social source share

Bobby Sheen was Bob B Soxx the leader of a group called The Blue Jeans, he was also one of the figures identified with Phil Spector' s Wall Of Sound. In 1962 Sheen hooked up with Spector, and it is Sheen who is said to have stumbled upon the "Wall of Sound" Sound quite by accident. Before embarking on his Solo Career.

I've still got my copy of Hang On - just can't bring myself to let it go.

Social source share

I had a copy of Coaster's Crazy Baby a very long time ago & I seem to remember the flip side to that was one of the worse tracks ever heard to mankind, something about bellbottoms??

yes your right 'flip is terrible

Social source share

Don´t want to re-write history :shhh: but i think you will find a certain Steve Smith(me) had been playing Bobby Sheen upstairs at Stafford for some time before it moved downstairs :yes: in fact at the same time as i was playing Billy Storm, fabulous Moonlighters,Jim and Leeand a few other things that were credited to others Valerie lamar etc

Steve :thumbsup:

you were the man then mate learnt a lot from you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hey Bahaar,

Well was only familiar with Dr Love to honest, this track has escaped my attentions, just love it.

Quality.

Aid.

you mean you havnt got the excellent anthology that came out on ace about a year ago
Social source share

you mean you havnt got the excellent anthology that came out on ace about a year ago

Thanks for the 'heads-up' on that one ('heads-up' being our latest bull sh@t expression in meetings at work, makes me want to scream! :ohmy: ), just downloaded it, excellent, also love the Dr Love flip as mentioned above by Ted, ace track too.

Cheers ears

Aid.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!