Bad Packaging Of Records Winds Me Up

Just had two records arrive today from France talk about bad packaging both records were sent in an A4 document holder so they were rattling around inside with a bit of crappy cardboard chucked in god knows how they didnt get broken really pisses me off when sellers do this. I mean havent they heard of proper mailers nobs. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Had one record arrive in just an envelope. No sleeve, no cardboard, just a white envelope. :g:

Best thing about it when I bought the records postage was £4 each :ohmy: so I asked him if he would combine did he bollocks so for that I expected them in mailers paid for them on the 2nd of november didnt arrive till today. I will not be using that seller again.

Social source share

ive just recieved a record rom texas that cost $10 . it arived in a 10 x 4 x 5 shoe box. the 45 record was packed in newspaper (texas property pages) bizzare or what

That is pretty common actually!

I've had records in pizza boxes, shoe boxes, any old boxes! 45s in LP mailers, the odd one where you need A level maths to work out how a 7 inch fitted in the box, broken ones in envelopes, not broken ones in envelopes. Nothing surprises anymore!

Getting 45s in proper mailers is getting to be a real plus.

Social source share

I think all sellers should sign up to a charter -

- all records packed in decent mailers

- at least 2 card stiffeners

- taped properly but not so overtaped that you damage the record or sleeve removing it

- last but not least, condition of record and sleeve should be consistent with original description..

For something that should be so easy, so many sellers (not neccesarily on Soul Source) get it so wrong!!

My thoughts anyway

Steve.

Edited by steveh73
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A few years back I bought a copy of Moses Smith off Ebay

The seller was local so instead of posting it they called round and stuck it through the letterbox with no sleeve on it

When I came home I found it near the kitchen door - one of our cats had skimmed it around the floor until it got bored

Social source share

A few years back I bought a copy of Moses Smith off Ebay

The seller was local so instead of posting it they called round and stuck it through the letterbox with no sleeve on it

When I came home I found it near the kitchen door - one of our cats had skimmed it around the floor until it got bored

I sold a rare doowop LP to some collector once and he called me up asking if I had another one after his parrot had ripped it up.

most ridiculous / solid packaging i've ever gotten is when someone sent me a record in an old 16mm film canister. There was no way that thing was getting bent at least. I recently got a record sandwiched between some stiffeners, but instead of cardboard they were some sort of plastic. It was lighter and more rigid than cardboard. I wish these were around and more standard.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!