The Velvelettes - (Artist Of The Week)

45cellar

Can`t find a clip, but whats the story behind the alternative take to These things, i have it on a motown lp, was it released on any other format?

Ok i`ll answer my own question then, seeing how ive done some digging, and according to Soulful detroit website, the wrong tapes were sent to the british studio`s for the velvettes track on Motown chartbusters 6 :thumbsup:

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Ok i`ll answer my own question then, seeing how ive done some digging, and according to Soulful detroit website, the wrong tapes were sent to the british studio`s for the velvettes track on Motown chartbusters 6 :thumbsup:

harry,hopefully this is the alt take,!!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just won a couple of days ago . . .

post-5677-0-30745300-1321833324.jpg

Sorry no camera at moment, posted pic from ebay. Canadian Since You've Been Loving Me.

I've got a spare Canadian copy, if anyone wants one...complete with correct Canadian sleeve.

£25 including postage.

:thumbsup:

post-9555-0-41494700-1321970018_thumb.jp

Social source share

Impossible to know just how many have Danced to their Music over the years.

Seen "Needle In A Haystack" get people of different generations onto the floor at many a Wedding Reception.

When the chart stuff of the day has emptied the very same dancefloor.

VIP_25007a_DJ.gifVIP_25007b_DJ.gif

Not thought about it until now, don't recall seeing many promo copies??

Social source share

Can`t find a clip, but whats the story behind the alternative take to These things, i have it on a motown lp, was it released on any other format?

hiya H.

There is a clip on youtube-you have to trawl a few, but I've put it on Heywoods facebook page.

However, I have it on Motown Chartbusters 6- don't know if it's on any others, but the same take is on the first Motown Northern Soul CD that Chris King comped.

Maybe it snuck out in Europe- who knows?

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Impossible to know just how many have Danced to their Music over the years.

Seen "Needle In A Haystack" get people of different generations onto the floor at many a Wedding Reception.

When the chart stuff of the day has emptied the very same dancefloor.

VIP_25007a_DJ.gifVIP_25007b_DJ.gif

And, of course, as common and as well known as it is

" He Was Really Saying Something"

does the very same thing, and remains a great tune.

ATB

Tony

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was only on the 1st pressing run Harry, no idea how many got through but it was a mistake rectified on the other presses and later on the CD. I have a 1st run with the alt take. Its funny to see the dancers faces as they mime the wrong words.
Social source share

• 7 years later...
5 hours ago, The Yank said:

Definitely worth a mention - 

Their best unreleased track by a country mile originally played at Stafford by guy Hennigan as the Del_phis let this torch burn. Was great to see them sing it live at the cleethorpes weekender a few years ago hairs stood up on back of my neck 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 22/08/2012 at 13:25, 45cellar said:

THE VELVELETTES - THESE THINGS WILL KEEP ME LOVING YOU

My first £1 record. Just a magnificent piece of music and an incredible production by Johnny Bristol. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff, even after 50+ years.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!