Articles: No Tulips from Amsterdam, but a whole lot of soul - Lookback Nov 2011

Dave Rimmer

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A very good write-up, Dave. I have to say it really was a top night. Quality tunes all round and a crowd that lapped it all up.

As one of the 'expats on a bicycle', I have to tell you that the first leg of the 16 mile round trip was a rather foggy experience. On the way back home however, and cycling through the woods of Amsterdam at 4:30 in the morning, the fog was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Visibility was down to about 10-20 metres. Mind you, the ride back home is always an experience after a good few beers!

From what you say, it's apparent that you really enjoyed it 'over here'. That's great, as we're already lobbying Jos to bring you back again soon.

The punters demand it!

Social source share

Jos comes over to the Twisted Wheel Sunday sessions fairly often where the results of his editing jigery pokery are absolutely outstanding - as Dave said there is some fantastic footage from the sublime (Impressions) to the ridiculous ( Flaming Ember ) and a clip of a Head and Shoulders Shampoo ad with the Patti Young over the top that had some of speculating whether they were actually an item.

I suppose somebody will tell me they were !

Social source share

Did my first trip to Amsterdam last year (tip, coincide your trip when the Dutch national team are playing for extra excitement) and have vowed to go back one day to do the soul night and your review has made me more determined not to leave it too long. Great write up, thanks Dave.

Social source share

Guest brummiemick

Hi Everyone,

Bit late,

but our future dates are: December 17th, January 21st, February 18th, March 17th, April 21st, May 19th, June 16th and July 21st.

The dates with further info are in the eventcalender.

For Hotel and Flight information check the website:

https://www.amsterdam...ndexEnglish.htm

Hope to see you all!

Jos

Hi Jos

How far is the club from the centre of Amsterdam? Would it be too far to get a taxi?

Mick

Social source share

It's right on the edge of the citycentre

Just a 5 minute walk from the Heineken Brewery Museum

On the corner of Albert Cuyp- & 1e Sweelinckstraat.

Its only a short ride by taxi but you might take public transport as well. (you'd need the Dutch equivalent of the "Oyster Card")

Tram: From Central Station tram 4 (exit at stop: Stadhouderskade) and tram 16, 24 en 25 (exit at stop Albert Cuyp).

In the event gallery is the flyer with google maps information:

Hi Jos

How far is the club from the centre of Amsterdam? Would it be too far to get a taxi?

Mick

Edited by Yos Zoul
Social source share

been to the dam maybe a dozen times including new year, amazing, and queens day, not a gay pride event, a royal celebration when the whole town goes orange! cetainly one of the most exciting and cultured city's I've visited, hope to take in the soul club next year, Im well overdue a return visit. Also a great place to dig, I found soul great 33's on the rembrantsplein market.

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi dave, good, good article. if you'd taken john weston with you

he could've demonstrated how easy it is to get your face slapped

by the "working" girls in the red-light district! (beats having to

watch him bugger about with elevators)

Tony Warot.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source