Calling Soul Source Soul Geniuses

Guest Marisa

Hi all,

I am trying to identify the name and artist of a song which i discovered again recently after listening to it on one of John Manships old cassette tapes. It's a late 70's soulful dancer.

It starts with an instrumental strings opening, almost sounding like classical music, then goes into a funky, bassy, soulful sound and goes like this:

'Turn my house, into a home. Makes me feel loooove, i'm not alone'......then it goes.....

'Change my life, change my heart, change the way i feel'.......and...

'Take love, take my heart, wherever you will'.......the song finishes with the lines....

'Without you baby, without you baby'....

The song has an awesome wicked thumping bassline and brilliant guitar on it.

It's male vocal harmonies with some high falsetto.

Even better if you could post it up on this site for me to hear again clearly or reccommend a CD compilation it might be on. Would buy the vinyl if opportunity arises but i get the feeling it's pretty rare?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thankyou very much alan t! You've made my day. Been trying to identify it for weeks. Had a feeling it might be called 'Without You' but not knowing the artist made it difficult to track down. Was not expecting a reply so soon but haven't been on here for ages. It's a great feeling to know i have a community of like-minded music lovers i can call on at times like this. ACE!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!