Banbury Internet Radio

Tabs

Guest mellytee

No its a must......the contract says PUB SINGER TUNE TO BE INCLUDED IN ALL STEVE E SETS........................... paragraph 5 clause 3..........................

Social source share

Ok Playlist - Not sure if in right order from Tuesday night

Cliff Nobles - Lets have a good time - JV

HJ Jackson - Dance the shing aling - Cross -tone

Tokays - Baby baby baby - Brute

TC & bricklayers - Up & Down the hill - King

Continental Showstoppers - Not too young - Seventy seven

Lorraine Johnson - The more I get the more I want - Prelude

Esther Phillips - Ive never found a man - Kudu

ZZ Hill - Universal Love - Columbia

Black sugar - Too Late - Sono radio

Shirley Lawson - Once more chance - Backbeat

Chiffons - Keep the boy happy - Laurie

Mona Lisa - They dont know - Dade

Jimmy Castor - Its Ok - Jetset

Marion James - Thats my man - Excello

Jeanette baby Washington - Move On - Neptune

King Errison - Zola - French Vogue

Willie Gresham - I cried Boo Hoo - Majesty

Famous Chromes - Teach me - Drive

Peggy Gaines - When the boy that you love - Ref-O-ree Acetate

Big Ella - The Queen - Rush

Arnold Bryant - House in Order - Mercury

The Bitter & the sweet - I wont have no babies for you - Anything Everything

International GTOS - I love my baby - Rojac

Sugar Simone - I want to know - Rainbow

Tony Middleton - Paris Blues - Polydor

Eric Lomax - Seven the loser - Columbia

Jimmy Pendleton - You are the honey for me - Julie ( The pub singer :ohmy: )

Cold Smoke - Dont fall in love - DWP

LJ Reynolds - Intruder - Mainstream

Carl Hall - Is your love growing or going - mercury

Bobby Bland - Yum Yum Tree - Duke

The Miracles - Whatever makes you happy - German CBS

Marv Johnson - Never too late - Jobete acetate

Martha Reeves - Thankyou - Arista

Second Ressurection - You done let daylight catch you - Monarch test press

Dillard & Johnson - Here we go loving again - Piedmont

Frederick Hymes III - Time wont do me no favor - Fab vegas

Connie Stevens - Tick Tock - Bell

Paul Sindab - You dropped your candy in the sand - French Columbia

Gifted Four - Are you choosing - CSC

JJ Taylor - Im not tired yet - Jewel

The Falcons Love like younever been loved before - Big Wheel

Sidney Barnes Orch - Stronger than her love - Audiodisc Acetate

Leslie Uggams - A house built on sand - Atlantic test press

Craig Douglas - Dont mind if I cry - Indian Stateside

Thats it folks!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I had a whisper it is Jimmy Pendleton , he has a vast back catalogue & a greatest hits CD out & will be dedicating his show to his old & new material :wicked:.

I can`t wait , 3 hrs of his sweet tones & vocal range is enough to make you :facepalm::dash2: .

:lol:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Oh god i forgot to book someone!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Only joking....I am a professional, ask Nick !!!! :wicked:

Its felt like a long long week, but now its fun time - almost!!!!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Go on.....as you are my personal assistant.........................drum roll please :shhh: ................................................................... :thumbup::hatsoff2: .........................................

Social source share

Guest mellytee

STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! Christ you just can't get the bloody staff nowerdays can you..........................................................................................

Social source share

Haha..Sorry. Was doing something else for a mo!

It's Brian Goucher (of Soul Essence and various other events home and away!). Should be very interesting if his show on Solar the other Sunday morn was anything to go by + from the records I've been lucky enough to hear him play locally :yes:Oops..am I allowed to quote another radio show on here :huh: :D

We look forward to seeing you in the pub sometime soon after 7pm and spending the evening in the company of the "usual suspects" (and maybe more besides hopefully!).

Cheers, Steve :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Did Eddie find the keys??????????? We should be good to go from 8 if he has.....if not, bring your Dansette Brian!!!! :D Steve its your round.................................... :thumbup:

Social source share

Brian has briliant taste across the board..this will be superb .....

He sure does and I hope it will be a great night as usual.

Snacks and things raided from the kids food cupboard whilst they're out just now, beers to pick up on the way, Brian & his records to pick up on the way....See you there :thumbsup:

Social source share

He sure does and I hope it will be a great night as usual.

Snacks and things raided from the kids food cupboard whilst they're out just now, beers to pick up on the way, Brian & his records to pick up on the way....See you there :thumbsup:

Did you by any chance go to my training school ??? :D:D:D

Proper not rights the lot of us. :thumbup: Mental Init.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

Wife is on a night out tonight...so kitchen table in the corner, shoes off,.......and step!...and glide!.....and step!, glide!', step!.....glug of red........quick fag outside(listening throughout via the open kitchen window)....and step! & glide!..........glugs of wine....fags and so on....

........hour later...........and sher-tep :huh: and sh-lide :unsure: ....and......!!!!!!....and hic! :ohmy: and shlep!....and hic! :ohmy: :ohmy: ...and ssh-lide!!!!!! :hypo:

Banbury Radio....Shades of Soul with Nick T and the Phantom Cackler.....what better way to spend a Tuesday Night!!!! :D :D :thumbup:

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Excellent night of soul music. Big thanks to Brian for some seriously great music played & to everyone in the chat room. BIR gets better & better.

Good luck in Florida Steve.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

That was unexpectedly smashing....have to say a big thanks to Brian and Steve for making the effort to come over.....as ever an eduuuuuuuuucation in a good way XXXXXX My mind was firmly closed but loved it...great tunes and good vibes....thaks for joining in everyone.........did i spell any of that correctly??????? XXx cant bloody focus but hey. who cares XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Wife is on a night out tonight...so kitchen table in the corner, shoes off,.......and step!...and glide!.....and step!, glide!', step!.....glug of red........quick fag outside(listening throughout via the open kitchen window)....and step! & glide!..........glugs of wine....fags and so on....

........hour later...........and sher-tep :huh: and sh-lide :unsure: ....and......!!!!!!....and hic! :ohmy: and shlep!....and hic! :ohmy: ...and ssh-lide!!!!!! :hypo:

Banbury Radio....Shades of Soul with Nick T and the Phantom Cackler.....what better way to spend a Tuesday Night!!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my return from the show I spent a good 20 minutes lying on my kitchen floor singing to Timmy The Terrible terrier.....she then joined me in a duet :D she has been signed by EMI for a 3 OVO deal...............Biatch :wicked:

Brooky your post made me laugh.............I imagine the exactly the same scenario in all of the chatroomers/listeners homes at the same time, synchronised soul, seperated by miles and miles & linked by BIR!!!!! XXXXX Smashing XX

Social source share

Brian, nice to meet you. Fantastic set of tunes ........ Those of you who tuned in, not only was it different, it was Great! (Nice to catch up with you Steve, hopefully get over to Soul in the Bowl at one of the dates)

Charlie Mc

Don't forget Banbury Soul Club, 7th July. Guests Mark Freeman and Pete Bleasdale.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Who is on next week?...............................why its our very own Charles Mc!!!!! :thumbup::lol: with his beautiful assistant Tabs (Tabitha to his closest friends XX :shhh: )

XXXXXXXXX

Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

Brill show last week .. Soooo many good tunes :thumbup:

Charlie Mc next week then .. looking forward to that ... Is you playing the set you played at the Bowles Club ??? :rofl: :rofl: lol

Assisted by the man the call Tibs Tabs so commentry should be slurred super :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Hey young Dithers & Cags when are you two on again? Or is it Carol solo this time, without the bloody cardboard box & Nick's elbow!!????? XXX

Social source share

Brian, nice to meet you. Fantastic set of tunes ........ Those of you who tuned in, not only was it different, it was Great! (Nice to catch up with you Steve, hopefully get over to Soul in the Bowl at one of the dates)

Charlie Mc

Don't forget Banbury Soul Club, 7th July. Guests Mark Freeman and Pete Bleasdale.

Thanks Charlie..Likewise. Was all a bit calmer since I last popped over in Feb (well, sort of!) :thumbsup: . Tabs sure likes TUC biscuits hey :yes::D

Thanks again to Nick & Mel for usual madness. Was long journey back (my fault as took wrong turn... again...almost as bad as Coventry getting in and out of that place I reckon :glare::D ) but Brian really enjoyed it and will be back again I'm sure. So he should be with the records and knowledge he has. Will badger him for a play list on here hopefully next few days. :thumbsup:

Cheers all. Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Local tunes, for local people...........................................our local people cover the entire UK, Leipzig and even Northants!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:

Tuesday is nearly upon us; Charlie and Tabs are in the 'chair' - you know which one LOU LOU!! - hopefully not at the same time cos that would just be wrong!!!!! :ohmy::huh:

Please pop in!!!! :hatsoff2:

Melly XXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

I am taking a sabbatical from Turvey and his abuse.........I might give him some back, just got to get a megaphone sorted and will spend this evening shouting obsceneties from the top of Banbury Cross..............its usually my favourite spot of a saturday night but change can be good & therapeutic....apparently :wicked::D:thumbup:

So looking forward to tonight, who's coming?????? :wave:

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Guest mellytee

I am stuck at home tonight :( ..............but still looking forward to a fab evening :yes:

May raid cupbaosrd shortly for emergency provisions....................... :shhh: XXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Ban-Bur-Ree the place to be on a Tuesday night..... and Mel's a witch .. burn her arse :)

Mel so lets get this right ... less than 4 inattentive , more than 5 stalking? :lol: xxx

Borderline stalker/saddo Rich....trust me (not Truss me you fool)..I used to be one :wicked::rofl: ...but I have seen the light bebe!!!!!!

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Thanks everybody for logging in. Hope we played something for everyone. We all throughly enjoyed ourselves. It is total mayhem in there ......... Its a good job there's not a camera filming us. Thanks for all the positive feedback in the chatroom.

And also, a big thanks for Topsey!! Hopefully, see those of you who can make it at Banbury on Saturday.

Charlie Mc

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!