Banbury Internet Radio

Tabs

Guest mellytee

It takes a lot of hard work to look this cack-handed.........trust me :shhh::hypo::shades:

Love our Tuesdays....its like a kind of therapy :rolleyes::facepalm: XXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

All aboard the Tuesday night train..................................... free tickets!!!!!

Depart: Swan Public House around 6.30pm

Arrive: Banbury Internet Radio Station 8 til 11

Station Master: Topsey Turvey

Loco Drivers: Mrs Lou Woods & Woody!!!

XXXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Well that was the maddest night yet................................... did you all enjoy it? Lou and Woody both played some great tunes and no blood spilled in the studio. A few technical hitches but the big hammer worked well enough!! Thanks you two for sharing your collections with us, it all sounded very, very good XXXXX

Social source share

you have no idea what its like being in the car with woody, let alone in the studio.we had a list of b&b,s to look at, but no, we had to drive round Banbury for at least an hour, looking for somewhere to stay, and that was after we had taken the wrong turning! :shhh: I thought I,m sure we have been down this road at least 6 times before :g: by the time we hit the pub I was knackered and got the toothache,but I have to say the four poster gave me the best nites sleep I have had for a long time, :yes: all that aside. you think I,m joking about that chair ..I dare anyone to sit on it, it goes right back, I thought i was gonna go bottom over bosom at one point! :ohmy: I thoroughly enjoyed it, even with the toothache :rofl: , had not got a clue what I was gonna play, but I hope you enjoyed the show, as mellytime says, face of an angel, but a a mouth of pure innocence, thats me, :shhh: One thing, which is very important, Nick Topsey Turvey aint got to have guests on, but he does, so a big thankyou, for letting us loose in yr studio, and a big thankyou for the banbury lads for their company and melly, we just love you, you tart, you must stop learning me bad habbits! :hypocrite:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Steve, I woke up in a cold sweat at 3am this morning having flash backs to the show!!!!!!! I was having serious palpitations!!!!

Sex chair is of course avaialbale for hire.....try before you buy (dettol wipes available!!) Lovely comments from all on here - so glad you are enjoying it as much as we are in the studio too.

As Lou said, Nick could easily do the show on his own with all his own tunes but he is a softie & no ego and loves seeing old pals and meeting new ones and really does let them loose on his station; the show is what it is.....a fun soul evening shared with friends, it may not be perfect but its definately the most fun you can have on a tuesday evening in my view :wicked::)

Next week we sink to new lows............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: bring it on you 2!!!! XXX :thumbup:

Social source share

What a fantastic show ,

I really should have been doing something else and there may now be consequence's to my indolence , but I couldn't drag myself away, :lol:

Funny as fook and amazing tunes,,, What a double act Woody & Lou are ,, with Nick doing what he does best,, :hatsoff2:

Well done Mel for keeping some semblance of order, :wicked:

Deffo one of the best!!!!

BiR is now officially a legend in it's own add breaks... :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

WOW !! well how do you follow that !! ... Mel im seriously thinking of taking up Dave's offer of a ' Live Mayonaise seizure !! :( lol

Great Tuesday entertainment from Lou & Woddy and first class tunage .. and of course Banbury's own legends Nik & Mel :thumbsup: .. Chat rooms always legendary and maybe someone could invent Tenna's for fellas :thumbup: please .. lol

Thanks for letting Cag's & myself ' loose ' in the studio and hope you enjoy what we play

See those who are going to Rugby on Saturday and for those not .. have a Great & Safe night where ever you go :hatsoff2:

x .. Jeff aka Dithers :thumbsup:

ps Rich wtf does indolence mean :huh: lolol

Social source share

WOW !! well how do you follow that !! ... Mel im seriously thinking of taking up Dave's offer of a ' Live Mayonaise seizure !! :( lol

Great Tuesday entertainment from Lou & Woddy and first class tunage .. and of course Banbury's own legends Nik & Mel :thumbsup: .. Chat rooms always legendary and maybe someone could invent Tenna's for fellas :thumbup: please .. lol

Thanks for letting Cag's & myself ' loose ' in the studio and hope you enjoy what we play

See those who are going to Rugby on Saturday and for those not .. have a Great & Safe night where ever you go :hatsoff2:

x .. Jeff aka Dithers :thumbsup:

ps Rich wtf does indolence mean :huh: lolol

Look forward to hearing what you and the lovely Carol play Jeff, no bragging about how the Mags are doing please :lol: see ya Saturday :D

Suz x

Social source share

I had to dip out early from the show but it was anarchy in that studio & long may it continue. I have known Topsy for more years than i care to remember & he has always been a truly genuine & honest, lovely man. One i am proud to call a friend. Nicks talent is his lack of ego & his enormous sense of fun which just comes alive in the mad house that is BIR [ ably attended & dare i say encouraged by his PA........... mischief Mel]

The whole vibe of the show is just brilliant & if you have never tuned in then i urge you to give it a go................ the music aint bad either.

Well done to everyone involved because like all Good things there is always a lot of very hard & unseen work being done for our enjoyment.

Garv

One criticism........... not enough double siders :D .......... well according to a certain Steve from the Northants area , hey .....don`t shoot the messenger :wink:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest mellytee

If the show was a lager...............it'd be Becks :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

As Nick is a total novice on Soul source I will print off all of these lovely comments and give them to him so he can read and enjoy them at his leisure;

think its about time we all had a testamonial for him - 5 a side footy/netball anyone???? Ideas to me by PM please and see what we can rustle up :rofl::ohmy::wicked:

I'm serious - he puts so much time, effort and money into BIR......nice to show him some appreciation, the dafter the better :shhh: XXX

Social source share

We could dig some crates ................ that would be mental , brilliant . I mean............ brilliant & mental, just digging those crates.

Imagine it , just for a minute............. it would be brilliant digging the crates......... just mental.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dirk9

First post from me.

Of course for the broadcast of Tuesday(every Tuesday), it was chaotic. was funny to listen!!! :yes:

Too bad, I do not know anyone of you ... as if standing outside :(

Dirk

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Hey Dirk welcome X You are one of the regulars......we are all friends in the Banbury Internet Radio Bubble!!!! :D Get over to UK and call in on a tuesday :wicked:

Social source share

And you carry it off with such aplomb. :wicked:

It takes a lot of hard work to look this cack-handed.........trust me :shhh::hypo::shades:

Dirk you will be made more than welcome if you ever come over. :yes:

And you do know us, even if it's only through cyberspace.

First post from me.

Of course for the broadcast of Tuesday(every Tuesday), it was chaotic. was funny to listen!!! :yes:

Dirk

Edited by Tabs
Social source share

First post from me.

Dirk

Well hello Dirk and welcome , you are amongst friends here :D

and if anyone wants to know what really went on its repeated on Sunday, listen at yr own peril, theres quite a few regulars who listen in EVERY tuesday, speak up we wont bite.. carol and dithers are there every Tuesday with out fail, glad there on , but watch out for that chair! :wicked: mmm now where was the others :pirate: see some of you sat at ruggers :shades:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

They are finally here.......well, in Rugby I believe.......Carol & Dithers starring in the Banbury Amateur Dramatics production of

'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest': The Musical

A unique adaption of the story based on an asylum, its patients, their carers and their all embracing love of soul music.

PRODUCED BY: The Orson Welles of Banbury

Mr Nicholas 'Topsey' Turvey

DIRECTED BY:

Nurse 'Melly' Ratched (dispensing meds and ECT at your pleasure

:wicked:)

LIVE ON AIR 8 -11

JOIN US AT THE DISPENSARY FROM 6.30 PM

(AKA THE SWAN, BANBURY)

Social source share

Guest mellytee

.............countdown begins now................................................... :D :D on air at 8 with some unexpected guests too!!!!

Social source share

Just superb soul tonight from more loyal listeners...special guests Jeff & Carol...Nick & Mel bringing quality people and making it great fun as always. Also just goes to show you don't have to spend an absolute fortune to collect truly amazing records.

The steppers had me stepping and nodding, the dancers had me off my seat and the few at the end had me sitting back with eyes closed and tears welling.

Just great :hatsoff2:

Steve

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Guest Sharon H

Well Steve has said it all , brilliant show by Carol & Jeff , superb music taking everyone through different emotions throughout the night with such fantastic soul music .

The banter in the chatroom was "mental" as usual ......just great !

Shaz

x

Social source share

Guest mellytee

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAROL & JEFF (aka DITHERS)

MASSIVE THANKYOU XXXXX

REPEATED SUNDAY 12 -3PM

LOVELY.......................

'NUFF SAID!

Social source share

Well done to Dithers & Carol , really, really enjoyed the show......... quality tunes played & a few new to my ears which for me is the excitement of tuning in to BIR.

Mr Scotney has coughed on the Buddah record :D Great to hear from Teresa .well done gang for another brilliant , mental, digging those crates night. Nice to see Dirk joining the chat room :thumbsup:

Garv

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Once again BIR goes from strength to strength.. Fantastic contribution to the legend that is "Shades of Soul" from Carol & Jeff.

I had the privilege of witnessing all the nights events in person, surrounded by a like minded bunch of loons :rofl:

Thank you everyone for an awesome Tuesday night of Soulful shenanigans, and big big thanks to Melstar and her family for the sleepover :thumbsup:

Back again next week with the leg - end that is Del (Oxford Soul Club personified) :D

Tuesday nights may never be the same again :thumbup:

Edited by ritchie
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dirk9

Thank you so much again to Carol, Jeff and Nick for the wonderful evening!

I had this morning when I had photographed(analogue) on the lake thinking about the last 20 minutes.

I think it started with The Chimes "The beginning of my life" and the highlight was Jackie Lee's "Your wers searching for love".

My conclusion is: I have this wonderful music discovered too late for me!

Thanks also to (Rev.) Martin, you had a really good set of writing.

Please do not be angry if my english is a little stutter.

Kind regards

Dirk

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Dirk and Ernie - what kind words...........you obviously both need help and I insist you pop in at the earliest opportunity to join in the therapy session :D :D (Steve you are booked :thumbsup: ) Oh and its my birthday next wednesday so feel free to send me lots of German and Scottish delights to the Radio show Post Box...........don't want those pesky search dogs at my home address but Eddie 'The Post' Hubbard being surrounded by armed police and sniffer dogs on his early morning round would be a birthday treat to behold :rofl: XXXXXX

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

Well what can we say except ....

HUGE HUGE THANK YOU'S :) ...

To everyone who tuned in on Tuesday night .. For all the kind comments and messages of support ....

To Eddie , Richie & Rich for coming down to the studio :thumbsup: ... To Sian for .. everything x ... and to of course ..

BANBURY'S OWN LEGENDS .... NICK & MEL xxx

For allowing us to spin a few of our fav' tunes and for the kind hospitality and the gifts :) . Both Cag's & myself had a

BRILLIANT time , a belly full of laughs & a belly full of Becks :rofl: lol .

Looking forward to next tuesday with the the boys from Oxford , Rich & Del , and another night of superb music ,chaos and mayhem in the chatroom that makes Tuesday with the Banbury ' family ' a Must Do ! .. Again HUGE

THANK YOU's TO EVERYONE

Jeff & Carol xx

ps. Mel did i leave me slippers there ? couldnt find em in me shoe box :lol: lololol

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!