Crossover , Modern , Northern Dancing

Bearsy you are a man of very few words, sometimes i wish that you would elaborate :D

I will dance to the tune that is actually being played so if its modern i try to dance more moderny than northerny if that makes sense :D i wont do back drops high kicks and break dancing to Ruby Andrews thats for sure, saying that i do any of that stuff anyway :D

Social source share

More a case of letting the music flow through your mind and control your feet ,opposed to the dancing by numbers ,practiced in the kitchen , incorporate a big clap in time with everyone else in the room ...line dancing styler of the traditional "northern soul" punter innit ;)

Social source share

Personally, I don't actually think Northern fits in with Modern dancing as Russ commented about styles above :) after all the beat is different :yes: I find it a tad grimmacing to see someone doing backdrops in a modern room - it always reminds me of a "Peacock" showing its feathers, although that might be just to show the moderners what they may be missing in the Northern room :g: thats only my thoughts . At the end of the day people will do what they feel like doing but for me it is different. Its like someone attending Northern Soul and doing rock & roll and I have seen that before which is just wrong - again my thoughts :wave:

Edited by Miss Wasperella
Social source share

have to agree , with modern / crossover i would go to the side .....and sit down :yes:

same for me.....................but when the northern comes on :D

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!