Record Sellers

Guest conrad h

Guest conrad h

Hi

Me and a group of lads from school started going to the Fleet all nighters in Peterborough 85/86 I was only 15 so never had the money to buy vinyl, then after the fleet stopped the nighters, me and my mates went seperate ways and and I lost touch with them and the scene, just recently I have been too several dos in Peterborough and am feeling the vibe again albeit on my own, but have never really had any vinyl, just the comp cds and various mp3s I have lying around.

I would like to correct this, not with originals(way outta my price range), and was looking around the web, ebay seemed to have quite a good selection of sounds but not too sure who to trust,

If anyone has some good/trusted websites/ebay sellers where i could grab some reissues of some classics tunes.

could they let me know.

Many thanks for your time

Con

Social source share

Guest conrad h

OK I'll just sort my lists out and send you something by personal message

Just going through lists now, many thanks.

will pm you back when i have had a good look

cheers

Con

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Thank you very much, I would very much Like a list Pete

cheers

Con

Con if you're coming to the Right Track Peterborough this Fri 9th introduce yourself and we will have a chat

Smudge

Social source share

Guest conrad h

Con if you're coming to the Right Track Peterborough this Fri 9th introduce yourself and we will have a chat

Smudge

Hi Smudgesmith

Really sorry Cant make this friday I'm working a 3 shift pattern at work at mo and this week I am 2pm - 10pm(poxy shift work)

So will have to make it another time, would be great to meet up with some like minded locals.

Thanks for the offer, will take you up on it at the mext do, work permiting of course

Cheers

Con

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Hi Smudgesmith

Really sorry Cant make this friday I'm working a 3 shift pattern at work at mo and this week I am 2pm - 10pm(poxy shift work)

So will have to make it another time, would be great to meet up with some like minded locals.

Thanks for the offer, will take you up on it at the mext do, work permiting of course

Cheers

Con

Look forward to it

Social source share

Hi

Me and a group of lads from school started going to the Fleet all nighters in Peterborough 85/86 I was only 15 so never had the money to buy vinyl, then after the fleet stopped the nighters, me and my mates went seperate ways and and I lost touch with them and the scene, just recently I have been too several dos in Peterborough and am feeling the vibe again albeit on my own, but have never really had any vinyl, just the comp cds and various mp3s I have lying around.

I would like to correct this, not with originals(way outta my price range), and was looking around the web, ebay seemed to have quite a good selection of sounds but not too sure who to trust,

If anyone has some good/trusted websites/ebay sellers where i could grab some reissues of some classics tunes.

could they let me know.

Con

Hi Con

I got into buying vinyl just 3 or 4 years ago. Just started buying a few for myself to begin with then caught the bug big style. My personal choice was to go for original vinyl. Fortunately I have good friends I can rely on for advice if need be.

Just to say that not all original vinyl is ultra expensive..............in fact absolutely loads of cheap originals around...........you'd be surprised

Happy hunting!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Carol J
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Check out this link for some superb recommendations oaf records that won't break the bank.....

As said you don't have to spend a fortune to have a good record collection full of originals. If you are considering buying boots, it might work out cheaper to get an acetate cut at Timmion with two sides of your choice, about 30 Euros.

Lastly there is plenty of advice out there, don;t be afraid to ask, sure you get some smart arse with some clever answer but most are more than willing to help and offer advice.

Social source share

Guest conrad h

Hi Con

I got into buying vinyl just 3 or 4 years ago. Just started buying a few for myself to begin with then caught the bug big style. My personal choice was to go for original vinyl. Fortunately I have good friends I can rely on for advice if need be.

Just to say that not all original vinyl is ultra expensive..............in fact absolutely loads of cheap originals around...........you'd be surprised

Happy hunting!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Carol J

Thanks for the advice, I must admit I would love to go down the original vinyl route aswell, I will have a good look and ask loads of questions,as there is soooo much to take in, I know what I like and I know some of the originals I would like are well out of my league, I think its a case of setting a top limit and stinking to it.

Cheers

Con

Social source share

Hi Carol J

Thanks for the advice, I must admit I would love to go down the original vinyl route aswell, I will have a good look and ask loads of questions,as there is soooo much to take in, I know what I like and I know some of the originals I would like are well out of my league, I think its a case of setting a top limit and stinking to it.

Cheers

Con

No problem Con...........All The Best :)

Social source share

hi bud,have a trawl through the "recommended record of the day" thread thats running in the "look at your box" section of the site,theres some great cheap originals on there as well as some of the more expensive items,and as already said,dont be afraid to ask questions on here,people will be pleased to help you, hope u enjoy your collecting bug mate

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Con ' try John Manship ---www.raresoulman.com he has set sales and auction also reissues for sale.

Pat Brady records 'auction 'set sale and reisuues

Pete Smith ' planet records is probably your best bet great deals fair gradings and great prices. :thumbsup:

Social source share

hi bud,have a trawl through the "recommended record of the day" thread thats running in the "look at your box" section of the site,theres some great cheap originals on there as well as some of the more expensive items,and as already said,dont be afraid to ask questions on here,people will be pleased to help you, hope u enjoy your collecting bug mate

jason

Con , Jason is absolutley right , find some on there that you like and PM whoever put the record on , I'm sure they will help get

you to get a copy , I certainly would. Once you start buying original stuff that's it matey, hook , line & sinker !

Honest mate , you can get some great originals at the same (if not less) as some of these re-issues.

If it's all time classics get them on CD as most of us can't afford the Classic originals but try and buy some original stuff it will make collecting far more interesting , honest!

I'll shut up now :yes:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Hi

could they let me know.

Con

Golden rule......if they're selling "it,s rare" if they're buying....common as muck

Social source share

Guest conrad h

Golden rule......if they're selling "it,s rare" if they're buying....common as muck

LOL.....good point

Edited by conrad h
Social source share

Guest conrad h

hi con, next friday 16th "Club Caliente" Parnwell, Peterborough, free entry and a good night if you can make it

regards

russ

Hi Russ, Yeah I should be able to make this,and its just round the corner from me...bonus.

see you there

cheer

Con

Social source share

Guest conrad h

Con , Jason is absolutley right , find some on there that you like and PM whoever put the record on , I'm sure they will help get

you to get a copy , I certainly would. Once you start buying original stuff that's it matey, hook , line & sinker !

Honest mate , you can get some great originals at the same (if not less) as some of these re-issues.

If it's all time classics get them on CD as most of us can't afford the Classic originals but try and buy some original stuff it will make collecting far more interesting , honest!

I'll shut up now :yes:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

thanks for the info, I would prefer to get into originals, just gonna have to watch the price and cap my spends.

Cheers

Con

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!