George Benson Track

Garswood

Hi al, went to a modern soul do few weeks back and heard a george benson track, sounds a bit like brightest star by stevie wonder, really uplifting funky number late 70's ,early 80's, but just cannot recall the title or remember the tune(until i hear it)...not much to go on i know but anybody got any suggestions, i dont think it was one of his hits, maybe an album track only, anyway any help would be appreciated...atb phil

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks so much for replies, not any of the ones mentioned so far, if anybody went to vybe at leyland hotel, it was the track played after the two P.A,,s finished in the soul room,...phil

Long shot, could it be Love x Love remix, been played in the modern rooms of late

Social source share

Hi al, went to a modern soul do few weeks back and heard a george benson track, sounds a bit like brightest star by stevie wonder, really uplifting funky number late 70's ,early 80's, but just cannot recall the title or remember the tune(until i hear it)...not much to go on i know but anybody got any suggestions, i dont think it was one of his hits, maybe an album track only, anyway any help would be appreciated...atb phil

Surely you mean Another Star, s'funny George Benson played guitar and did background vocals on that.

Social source share

yee ha, yup its love ballad, couldn't for the life of me think what it was, thanks theresa and steveh73 and everyone who replied, being doing my head in thinking what it was, a real nice tune, may have mislead on the "another star" thing, all i could think of to be honest, but i never new what great stuff GB has put out trawling through you tube ect, fab stuff, thanks...phil

Social source share

this was on the nuyorcan soul cd a few years ago along with roy ayers sweet tears. also came out on a double lp

dave

Loved that Masters At Work cd, good tracks from India & Jocelyn Brown too, but the George Benson track is a killer, takes about 5 mins to get going, superb in high definition audio, my favourite George Benson track of all time has to be World is a Ghetto on In Flight, just too good that track.

Aid.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!